Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

mishaq posted:

lol if you permanently tie yourself to a specific geographic area before you turn 30

mellinials are 15-35!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

kwinkles posted:

mellinials are 15-35!

Wrong.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

kwinkles posted:

houses are easy you just sign away your next 30 years for a "starter house" then you live there for a bit and flip it to get a more expensive house, and keep doing that forever until you can barely make the payment and then one day you get laid off and you quietly drive home and tell your spouse and kids that your day at work was fine and you go into the bathroom and put a pistol in your mouth!

the american dream!

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

kwinkles posted:

houses are easy you just sign away your next 30 years for a "starter house" then you live there for a bit and flip it to get a more expensive house, and keep doing that forever until you can barely make the payment and then one day you get laid off and you quietly drive home and tell your spouse and kids that your day at work was fine and you go into the bathroom and put a pistol in your mouth!

lol if you dont have a 15 year mortgage

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Lightbulb Out posted:

in america its the law that you sign up for a new 30 year mortgage every 5 years after you turn 30

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Lightbulb Out posted:

this isn't the six figgy thread.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

mishaq posted:

lol if you think 99.9% of millennials know what a commodore 64 is

or know what the internet is beyond google and facebook

how old are you.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i go broke very time rent clears.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i remember the 90s

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

if you were born in the 80s then you're a millenial

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

duTrieux. posted:

if you were born in the 80s then you're a millenial

Incorrect.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

deal with it. there are 'upper millenials' and 'lower millenials', but the accepted definition of the earliest birth-year is 1980-1982 depending on how thinly you want to slice the cake.

(personally i prefer the upper/lower division over trying to cram a 'generation y' in there)

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

it's like how 1991 and 1992 are technically part of the 90s but boy howdy where they more about 80s blowback

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
im glad to be a millenial. i like slap bracelet. retro stye. shutter shade. neon. 90s cartoons. xmans... wizards. etc. i love memes, and reading cool articles on line. LOVE being part of this epic generation.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

duTrieux. posted:

deal with it. there are 'upper millenials' and 'lower millenials', but the accepted definition of the earliest birth-year is 1980-1982 depending on how thinly you want to slice the cake.

(personally i prefer the upper/lower division over trying to cram a 'generation y' in there)

this all incorrect.

proof: i was born in 1982 and am Not A Millennial

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
le me with epic japanese denim, button down light blue banana republic linen shirt beard and japanese carbon fiber glasses drinking a $13 black coffee served by a cute & dismissive waitress with a masters in english lit: i love memes. dont get my started on rare pepe. *old iphone default ringtone plays kuz thats what the StageCaller app has by default* aggg its mom gotta take it hehe. brb

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
the internet that the 90s promised me was a lie

i have never had a video call with a smiling african native while baba yetu played in the background

i have probably done more harm to the rainforest in the last decade than all of my ancestors combined

i am just as terrified of russia as my parents were

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Cat Face Joe posted:

this all incorrect.

proof: i was born in 1982 and am Not A Millennial

there are stages you can go through.

i have had this argument with many people and they almost always come around to my way of thinking about it. the key to acceptance is the upper/lower divide, and to accept that there will be some blurring.

you can also think about it in terms of aligning with those who are closest to you in order to avoid atomizing your cause (see the Green Party in the united states)

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Space-Pope posted:

the internet that the 90s promised me was a lie

i have never had a video call with a smiling african native while baba yetu played in the background

i have probably done more harm to the rainforest in the last decade than all of my ancestors combined

i am just as terrified of russia as my parents were

yes. yes. accept it...

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
the big pan-national network of interconnected individuals working together to share knowledge and better humanity via technology was the biggest lie since the flying car

only instead of normal cars we get videos where people die on camera

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

duTrieux. posted:

how old are you.

born in the late 80s :c00l:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
youth culture killed my dog

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

millennial is what comes after gen x

there is no gen y. deal with it

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Space-Pope posted:

tbf we have achieved this, it's just that everyone realized video calls were pointless

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Also if I so choose, I can at any time be called racial slurs by people all around the world in real time

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

Also if I so choose, I can at any time be called racial slurs by people all around the world in real time

the internet has revolutionized the act of being called a human being by tweens

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME

Shaggar posted:

if it was money laundering they wouldn't shell out for a recognizable brand both because it would cost more and invite more attention. you want your money laundering outfits to be boring and unseen like nail salons, carpet stores, or pay day loan companies.

so by process of elimination... It's stupidity :)

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Shaggar posted:

if it was money laundering they wouldn't shell out for a recognizable brand both because it would cost more and invite more attention. you want your money laundering outfits to be boring and unseen like nail salons, carpet stores, or pay day loan companies.

heisenberg is freaking epic

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Smythe posted:

im glad to be a millenial. i like slap bracelet. retro stye. shutter shade. neon. 90s cartoons. xmans... wizards. etc. i love memes, and reading cool articles on line. LOVE being part of this epic generation.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Shaggar posted:

i've seen a store that specializes in area rugs and bulk gemstone/mineral samples.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
theres a whole block near my apartment of hair salon, armenian clothing store, and barren liquor store that have been there for years and ive never seen anyone in any of the stores who doesnt 'work' there. must be some sort of front. when i moved in, there was a pizza shop across the street that had a guy working there who would read the paper all day and served no pizza. you could order it, and hed put a tombstone in the oven. it was pretty epic.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
the old "tv repair shop" with an old armenian dude who chain smoked epically huge stogies nonstop and had a nonstop train of black escalades and mercedes and poo poo pulling up and swaggering in to chat with the "tv repair man" moved out a few months ago and a head shop replaced it with a new guy and they sell some p deece stoges for low price and also take credit whcih is ftw cept they charge me 75 cents to use credit. whcih is bull poo poo. fuckers. overall a much better front business b/c i can actually use it

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Smythe posted:

theres a whole block near my apartment of hair salon, armenian clothing store, and barren liquor store that have been there for years and ive never seen anyone in any of the stores who doesnt 'work' there. must be some sort of front. when i moved in, there was a pizza shop across the street that had a guy working there who would read the paper all day and served no pizza. you could order it, and hed put a tombstone in the oven. it was pretty epic.

i went to an italian restaurant like that once. just hungry and it was there, walked in, zero customers, a couple of guys at the back, lady at the counter, tons of empty tables. we sat down and ordered and they made the food and brought it out, very home style, not fancy but still hearty. like eating in someone's living room. really good service, they kept coming by, but clearly not something they did every day b/c they seemed unpracticed at it.

about halfway through the meal i realized holy poo poo, i'm literally eating in a mob restaurant. this place does not exist to serve food. and it was a real weird feeling

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
it might sounds like im racist against armenians or whatever but im not. i just live among them. and i love them. their sexy women. raven haired bae... and their epic drinking and smoking. and their sexy women with big rear end + racks. FTW. good culture

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

also there used to be this "aromatherapy store" nearby that was a brothel.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Smythe posted:

it might sounds like im racist against armenians or whatever but im not. i just live among them. and i love them. their sexy women. raven haired bae... and their epic drinking and smoking. and their sexy women with big rear end + racks. FTW. good culture
Kim Kardashian

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Kim Kardashian

Sexy

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
ive met serj. owned

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

the albanian mob has a large presence around here and their notorious crimes include being completely legitimate business men and an important part of the community

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

also there used to be this "aromatherapy store" nearby that was a brothel.

did u ever try it? the whores, that is

• Locked thread