Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Nooooo I was just posting for that one but it took too long to type a Minifauxnen joke! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Fine, I'll be the priest then

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hey guys I'm gonna roleclaim, I'm a priest

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Anidav posted:

AS AN INNOCENT BABY, THOSE ON MY LEFT IS AN INNOCENT BABY AND IS THEREFORE CONFIRMED TOWN.

Curse you again, TOML! :argh:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

black_tangled posted:

Why would a town player be upset to have a confirmed town? *eyes you suspiciously through my glorious black locks*

Cause I want that sweet confirmation all for me me me, it was wonderful :syoon:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mithranderp posted:

it's because she wanted to have that character so she could make jokes about minifauxnen :3:

also yes, that looks exactly like tommy wiseau

Oh. Uh, yes. And the whole loving mother thing too. Yeah.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mith was posting without this "requirement" at the start of the game, what gives?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

##exorcise Mithranderp

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Birdstrike posted:

can we exorcise Gwyn?

I must rest and re-connect with Christ before I can face another foreign evil such as this. :dawkins101:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Birdstrike posted:

not sure on Mith

Bif is probably town because in Anidav's mind she's a doctor

While I'm happy to have you all trust me that easily if it will bring you to the light of Christ, my conscience compels me to urge you all to caution in this regard. We have all come here for our own reasons, so surely I am not the only one of us with some ability to affect these evil spirits. But I doubt that all of us can be so benevolent.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mithranderp posted:

Why the hell would scum do that d1 to one of their own? It just served to draw attention and suspicion to me, which if I were scum, would be the exact opposite of what I would want to do.

white mans burping posted:

i think toml's confirmed down is some kind of a dumb gambt thread twist where he later mutates into a demon or GM reveals hes been scum all along a la scooby doo

I also think beet is playing wayyyyy too agressively, pinning this on mith being scum so a false flag operation

You doubt a mere child, one of our Lord's precious gifts, but don't see fit to suspect the first one of us to fall to demonic influence?

Lid posted:

apparently jisatsu in English means "jisatsu"

It means suicide. A sin against the life the Lord gave you!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Gwynplaine posted:

ne ne

What if scum exist only as possessions from the mod? And lynching them just makes them possess someone else? What if the only way to killbscum is to exorcise? What does that camera do?

Is this a pure fantasy cooked up from your Pokemon-addled brain, or do you know more about these ghosts than you're letting on?

Personally I find the idea ludicrous. If exorcism was the only way to permanently end a ghost, instead of merely freeing someone from its power, they would hardly wish to make their influence so blindingly obvious.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I can't say yet if Mith would do such a gambit to fool us, but I'm beginning to think the ghosts must have some way to affect either themselves or their allies. If they could only affect the innocent, it would be child's play for us to confirm who was truly possessed.

So if not her, another ghost could definitely attempt it in the future.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Have you heathens not even read the story of Legion, with the multitudes of evil spirits driven out into the pigs?

The more people protest, the more I believe that Mith could indeed still have more than one ghostly influence within her.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Zetsubou-san posted:

The crystal ball is unclear. All we know is that a holy light shined upon you. We don't know if this cleansed you of evil spirits, or you decided to stop faking it.

I was having the same disturbing thought myself on the way back to my pulpit. We cannot go on with such a lack of faith. We must know what we are dealing with and proceed with certainty.

What I find most disturbing is this. The holy light of my call to the Lord appeared at 12:34. Mith resumed her normal posting at 12:35, almost immediately. This was hardly time for her to receive and witness a more proper divine confirmation.

##vote Mithranderp

Forgive me if I am wrong, my child. If my rite was successful, your soul is clean again and our Lord will welcome you with open arms.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I am going to say ##anti-whip this time, if only because Anidav seems compelled to post the updates about it with great frequency. I do not trust that the more elderly members of this congregation will be able to keep up.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SKY COQ posted:

As compelling as the Beet/Mith fight is, Gwyn has literally claimed - pretty much out of loving nowhere - that he will kill himself if close to being lynched. While the sentiment is pro town, pulling it out his early, apropos of pretty much nothing, is giving me hot flushes.

Yes, I too find these foreigners' ways to be inscrutable. But I don't think it's worth actually indulging his self-destructive urges just yet when there is a crisis of faith on our hands.

Mithranderp posted:

there was definitely enough time since your post for anidav to post the holy light, then shoot off a PM to me. like, it can easily take less than a minute to PM someone?

Yes it is certainly possible. But looking back, it appears unsettling. This is a valuable chance for us to prove the power of the Lord.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Gwynplaine posted:

Protagonist
moshikashitre, swearing and NSFW content
Just posting like a joshi
Not threaten, offer. Please do not misunderstand

I think I understand.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Lid posted:

Anyone else notice Bif was posting normally

scumslip

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Lid posted:

Bif did you release the demon or contain the demon in yourself?

Frankly, I don't even know if that light was successful or not. Which is why I'm voting Mith.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tirade posted:

It was this one, translated by bowmore:

Can't see why you'd mention a gently caress up (that I kind of read as an apology) for not seeing the post restriction thing for half an hour if you knew it was coming through scumdoc.

Unless you're wanting additional cover :tinfoil:

I find the specifics a bit unneccessary. But if we take them at face value, she began posting today at 11:03. Kept posting a few more things, right up to 11:14. Then there is a brief pause when she would have received the PM.

At 11:24 she makes her last normal post. If she was still in the thread and just kept posting there without going back to her bookmarks or anything, I can see how it would be easy to miss a PM. But then her next post, in Gujarati, is at 11:56. Again, very very quickly after when she says she received the PM.

Now, posting quickly right after I used the exorcism, which did not say anything about success in-thread, seemed suspicious to me, but I could easily see her posting in a rush to speak normally again. Could she be just as fast with making the switch to Gujarati? No time to even react and soak it in and mull over a bit about what to say now that she was inflicted this way?

I think instead that period in between could be spent working out the plan and story in scumdoc.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Come to think of it, it's odd she even felt the need to mention the exact minute she noticed the PM. Like looking at the timestamps of receiving them is one thing, but she also went to mention the exact minute she noticed, and every time it's off by exactly one minute from whatever boundary we're looking at to the next post. It just feels constructed. And if she flips scum, I'd look at Tirade next for possibly helping with that part of the narrative.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Beetphyxious posted:

I'm phone posting. What was the translation of her first ever possessed post?

"Everybody I speak Gujarati . I'm sorry , I can not help it ."

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

bowmore posted:

with everything I have learned about investigation I think can come to these possible conclusions

1. miss mith pretended to be possessed. I think this is unlikely. It would be a huge gambit as it draws attention to herself more than it provides her a credible alibi of humanity. The only reason to do this is to force the priest into action so he reveals his powers.

2. miss mith was possessed by a ghost. I think this is likely. As we have seen it has created much hysteria and debate from the population of the house and has brought her under suspicion either real or fake from the people around her.

I do find 2 more likely, but the possibility of 1 makes me want to test things ASAP. If she's a ghost, we get an early lead. If she's not, we can then start trying to figure out who would think to target her with an annoying thing like that so drat early in the game. I found that odd, too.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Beetphyxious posted:

So you're basically saying we need to test it to prove your power and the possession power?

Well, proving my power is less important if I die soon. Though I guess forcing their hand can also have advantages. And one w ay or the other, I think having certainty about what's happened today will make it easier for people to judge what's going on with their own possible day powers.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Noone would pretedn to be fucken haunted just to draw a exorcist out, thats a ridic idea

how would they even know there's a exorcist?

are you for real

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Soag, you're posting your own conspiracy theories about the confirmed townbabby being evil all along, but you can't think scum would presume the presence of an exorcist?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

:siren: :siren: HEY MITHRANDERG

What were the other manifestations of your possession? Was there anything else apart from talking backwards??

em gnitths eb ot evah uoy ahahahah

I know people don't actually scumslip but this really feels like a scumslip

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Lid posted:

I discount any possibility that includes "drawing out the priest" because unless the scum have complete knowledge of the game from Anidav that is a bridge too far of a gambit.

They might not have known specifically that the priest would have that power, but surely they could presume somebody had some kind of power to counteract their stuff.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

)!FIB olleH( lufpleh eb ot drah yllaer gniyrt er'yeht ekil skool ohw eno eht ro ,hcum gnipyt ton nosrep eht rehtie eb ot gniog si kcufmucs eht ,syad eerht ro owt rof dnuora tis si od ot gniht tseb eht wonk mucs trams

eno yad no tiderc hcum oot yyaw maetmucs eht gnivig era lla'y

smart town don't vote for confirmed town either, so I'm not sure what experience you're drawing from here.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

What're you so drat scared of, (besides losing a ghost pal) it's D1. If it's wrong, at least we know for sure that goofy PR's can be inflicted by ghost powers and may not always be faked. We learn something either way.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

meht wollof lliw esle enoyreve taht sepoh eht ni drah tuo gniog er'yeht dna maet mucs teeb-fib a si ereht :eno yad ti gnillac

Then vote me next when I don't get nightkilled or something, god. Unless Mith flips scum. which is what you're so afraid is gonna happen!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

won rof qoc htiw skcits etov ym

Why Coq? I thought it was me n Beet, chicken-wuss

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Bifauxnen posted:

Why Coq? I thought it was me n Beet, chicken-wuss

(FF8 shoutout to the other Soag)

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Lid posted:

Bif is your exorcism a one shot? Backwards reading doing head in

Who wants to know?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mithranderp posted:

it also said that it would continue until the end of the day, unless interrupted.

I'm not going to flip scum

but I also don't think you're scum, wth soag, why would they give scum the power to exorcise?

If you're town, I'm sorry you got hosed over first thing D1, btw. :( I'm just worried if we leave this unresolved we're gonna get sucked into a flavor spec singularity.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hey Soag, why were you asking Mith about posting backwards?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

They might not be all so benign and easy to detect, either. I wasn't told what possessions can do to you or what it would look like. I just saw that goofy poo poo and wanted to see if that did anything. My power's a day action so it's not like I can cleverly hide it.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Morning all. I still like the idea of lynching Mith for the data, but after that I do think Soag looks pretty suss. And Bowmore. (hell, even the fact that he's just posting so much all of a sudden this game feels suss)

Soag, you seemed to be really coming in to bat for Mith before. Why is that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I get the logic of Gwyn's modkill gambit, but think it would've made more sense to just save it for when you're actually going to use it. Announcing it this early beforehand seems to be kind of tainting the results on how people will read him or set him up for the lynch. But maybe he was just eager to share the idea once he'd come up with it?

What bothers me a lot more though, is him coming forward to claim he was immune to possession. If he's scum that gives him a great excuse for never being targeted by possession powers. (I presume they can't all be as benign as just giving you PR's) if he's town, it could discourage scum from wasting their powers on him.

• Locked thread