Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
Artist plz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

white mans burping posted:

I wanna be the Scandinavian backpacker so I can sleep with you all and get the clap

implying that you don't already have it

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Bifauxnen posted:

Hey guys I'm gonna roleclaim, I'm a priest

I'd advise bowmore to stay away from you then

er, I mean *sits on a couch somewhere, sketching in a brooding yet conspicuous manner*

I'm an [i]artiste[/b]

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

that tag fuckup was intentional

it was meant as a commentary on the ridiculous standards of perfection expected by the art world

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

anidav, I'm disappointed you didn't include mulder and/or scully in the character list.

my game soundtrack is this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2d6T5G2rrY

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

black_tangled posted:

Why would a town player be upset to have a confirmed town? *eyes you suspiciously through my glorious black locks*

hey does my character remind you of Tommy Wiseau?

it's because she wanted to have that character so she could make jokes about minifauxnen :3:

also yes, that looks exactly like tommy wiseau

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Gwynplaine posted:

Trapped in a house of weirdos. Suggokku kimoi (>_<)

I'm imagining this is you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT2GRpwwS8M

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

એવરીબડી હું ગુજરાતી બોલતા છું. હું દિલગીર છું, હું તેને મદદ કરી શકો છો.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Tirade posted:

Don't make a career out of it, kid. You think finding the truth is fun? Sure, sure. Twenty years on the job - done [i]well[/i,], mind you - but that don't count for much if you find something *they* want to keep hidden. Uncover too much truth and they'll come for ya.

I'll let you in on a secret, kid. Ghosts aren't just in this house. The whole goddamn country is full of them! Actors, politicians, police chiefs, captains of industry. Ghosts. We're in the middle of a goddamn invasion, and we don't even know it!

સરસ

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

આ ખરાબ છે

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

black_tangled posted:

I'm just here for inspiration for my next album 'Haunted (literally)'

ભૂતિયા (શાબ્દિક)

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

હા, તમે સાચા છે. હું ગૂગલ અનુવાદ ઉપયોગ કરવો જોઈએ.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

ગૂગલ અનુવાદ વાપરવા માટે જરૂરી છું

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

આ ખૂબ જ હેરાન કરે છે. કોણ અથવા શું ક્યારેય મને આ પોસ્ટ પ્રતિબંધ આપ્યો, તમે સૌથી ખરાબ છો.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

હું છેલ્લા અગિયાર એક ક્વાર્ટર ખાતે ખાનગી સંદેશ મળ્યો છે, પરંતુ ત્યાં સુધી અગિયાર પચાસ પાંચ તે વિશે ખબર ન હતી.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

oh my god, thank you bif

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Forgive my momentary lapse; I felt a sudden chill, and it was as if my body was not entirely my own.

google translate is the absolute worst.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Why the hell would scum do that d1 to one of their own? It just served to draw attention and suspicion to me, which if I were scum, would be the exact opposite of what I would want to do.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Beetphyxious posted:

If you were scum and had a possession power that acted like displayed. Day 1 would you use it on town or would you use it on one of the scum?

pretend I quoted this post in my previous.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

bowmore posted:

miss mithranderp, do you know who or have any suspicions about who possessed you?

I have no idea.

Lid posted:

Not sure that makes much sense considering you'd already been posting in the thread of day 1. If they were trying to throw suspicion on you why do it on you when you'd posted normally rather than someone who had yet to post? Instead it stood out like a sore thumb.

I have no idea why they did it, other than to throw suspicion on me and give town a lynch target straight away.

Like, can scum even be possessed? Aren't they ghosts themselves? Or did I read poo poo wrong?

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

anyone who genuinely believes that I'd willingly let myself be brought into suspicion on day 1 is not thinking hard enough.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

great

here I was thinking that this would be a fun game.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Beetphyxious posted:

Soag confined scum. This is the worst I've seen soag play.

I've never seen soag not play like this

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Beetphyxious posted:

##vote Mithranderp

lol.

I mean, go ahead, but lol.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

agreed-o and neither has beet

beet also knows that i have a personal grudge against you and is trying to get me to bandwagon tubot you, this thing he's cooking up reeks of a scum overstretch

you do?

huh I had no idea.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Beetphyxious posted:

Lol.

Mith soag scum team.

can u imagine

no wonder soag tried to modkill himself

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Seagull posted:

beet what's that be's importance because i ain't seeing it

that bold was in my original post

I still have no idea why he thinks that post in particular is scummy, but :shrug:

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Beetphyxious posted:

Hmmm Mith being unable to see the value in scum trying to get suspicion off their own via the possession power.

Like she's flat out ignoring that possibility.

And now soag is too.

oh I thought that was a rhetorical question.

Like if you look at it from that angle it could be valuable

I also think it'd be incredibly dumb.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Lid posted:

Mith if what you're saying is true what do you know about this scum power?

I don't really understand your question?

I still don't know who or what targeted me, all I got was a PM saying that I was possessed and could only use google translate to post in gujarati.

Like I know as much as the rest of town does about all this.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

I'm legit feeling very attacked rn

Seagull posted:

did it say you weren't allowed to mention being possessed until cured or whatever

if you already said that in another language i absolutely ignored it

It didn't say I wasn't allowed to mention being possessed. I did mention being haunted, which is the closest thing I could say using gorram google translator. It said it would last all day unless something interrupted it.

Beetphyxious posted:

I guess you could try and engage why it's dumb instead of a blatant dismissal. Please?

I already said why it's dumb. There'd be too much of a risk for scum to target one of their own, on day 1. It'd bring about too much suspicion on the target. In targeting a town, the scum a) get to figure out if there's someone who can exorcise, and b) immediately put the spotlight on someone who isn't them.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Beetphyxious posted:

Were you in that game where I night killed bell jar after arguing with him all day, then said it would be dumb for me to do that, drawing attention to myself like that?

probably?

in any case, that was a risky gambit you pulled in that game. I'm not brave/stupid enough to do something like that.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Lid posted:

I'm not sure it is possession, Mith was posting entirely normally sans for the fact it was in another language. If the posts were saying stuff different like they were being forced to that would be something but instead what we have is a meaningless roleplay.

Though that does ask questions as to why there is a power to exorcise a roleplay. This is why I was asking it Mith had more info because the little information we've been given doesn't make much sense.

all the PM told me was that I was possessed, had to use google translate to post in that language, and that it would continue til the end of the day unless interrupted.

like it was definitely a possession, designed to draw out exactly this kind of speculation about me

if it weren't a possession, wouldn't bif's exorcism action fail?

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Bifauxnen posted:

I can't say yet if Mith would do such a gambit to fool us, but I'm beginning to think the ghosts must have some way to affect either themselves or their allies. If they could only affect the innocent, it would be child's play for us to confirm who was truly possessed.

So if not her, another ghost could definitely attempt it in the future.

Very true.

I'm not saying it's impossible for a scumbro possession to happen (not being scum, I have no idea) just that (IMO) it'd be a really stupid thing to do on day 1

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Bifauxnen posted:

Have you heathens not even read the story of Legion, with the multitudes of evil spirits driven out into the pigs?

The more people protest, the more I believe that Mith could indeed still have more than one ghostly influence within her.

wat

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

it's incredibly frustrating for me because I was posting happily, then had to do that google translate bullshit through no fault of my own, then exorcised, only to be instantly be turned upon by people who should probably know better. And now that the only focal point is on me, if I was suss about anyone heading this incredibly obvious push against me, it'd be seen as an OMGUS

very clever scum

Zetsubou-san posted:

The crystal ball is unclear. All we know is that a holy light shined upon you. We don't know if this cleansed you of evil spirits, or you decided to stop faking it.

a fair point, but I wasn't faking hth

##pro whip

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Beetphyxious posted:

Just testing it.

It's what I do.

I'd be remiss if I ignored it and it's giving me thoughts about Mith and seeing people chime in and out gives me thoughts on them.

if you could do it in a way that doesn't make me want to get myself modkilled that would be nice

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Bifauxnen posted:

I was having the same disturbing thought myself on the way back to my pulpit. We cannot go on with such a lack of faith. We must know what we are dealing with and proceed with certainty.

What I find most disturbing is this. The holy light of my call to the Lord appeared at 12:34. Mith resumed her normal posting at 12:35, almost immediately. This was hardly time for her to receive and witness a more proper divine confirmation.

##vote Mithranderp

Forgive me if I am wrong, my child. If my rite was successful, your soul is clean again and our Lord will welcome you with open arms.
I got a PM at 12:35 saying I could post normally again.

I'd post the screenshot of my inbox if I could, but lol

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

there was definitely enough time since your post for anidav to post the holy light, then shoot off a PM to me. like, it can easily take less than a minute to PM someone?

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

:siren: :siren: HEY MITHRANDERG

What were the other manifestations of your possession? Was there anything else apart from talking backwards??

Stop evading the question, and keep in mind that the innocent baby may or may not have the power to divine truth from people's words when answering.

Aside from having to use that Gujarati language and google translate, no.

I'm not evading any questions? I went to get dinner

there was something about a cold hand touching me but that's just flavour I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Mithranderp posted:

Aside from having to use that Gujarati language and google translate, no.

I'm not evading any questions? I went to get dinner

there was something about a cold hand touching me but that's just flavour I think
it also said that it would continue until the end of the day, unless interrupted.

Bifauxnen posted:

Then vote me next when I don't get nightkilled or something, god. Unless Mith flips scum. which is what you're so afraid is gonna happen!

I'm not going to flip scum

but I also don't think you're scum, wth soag, why would they give scum the power to exorcise?

• Locked thread