Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
In as FBI agent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

bowmore posted:

Hello everybody, my name is Angus and I am the world's greatest boy detective.

Don't make a career out of it, kid. You think finding the truth is fun? Sure, sure. Twenty years on the job - done [i]well[/i,], mind you - but that don't count for much if you find something *they* want to keep hidden. Uncover too much truth and they'll come for ya.

I'll let you in on a secret, kid. Ghosts aren't just in this house. The whole goddamn country is full of them! Actors, politicians, police chiefs, captains of industry. Ghosts. We're in the middle of a goddamn invasion, and we don't even know it!

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Mithranderp posted:

એવરીબડી હું ગુજરાતી બોલતા છું. હું દિલગીર છું, હું તેને મદદ કરી શકો છો.

Be careful, friends. This "Gajurati" with their secret tongue and squiggly ways could be in league with *them*. Or perhaps they are foes? Layers upon layers, like a lasagna-themed bed sheet ensemble.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Thomas Edison. Ghost. Invented the electric light bulb to make candles obsolete, and therefore not readily available should one be needed for an exorcism. Joseph Henry - ghost - invented the electric bell for the same reason.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Beet I was thinking the same thing about Mith but I'm not ready to vote yet. One of her earlier posts is giving me pause, let me dig it out.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
It was this one, translated by bowmore:

bowmore posted:

"I've got a private message at a quarter past eleven , but until eleven fifty- five did not know about it ."

Can't see why you'd mention a gently caress up (that I kind of read as an apology) for not seeing the post restriction thing for half an hour if you knew it was coming through scumdoc.

Unless you're wanting additional cover :tinfoil:

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

bowmore posted:

with everything I have learned about investigation I think can come to these possible conclusions

1. miss mith pretended to be possessed. I think this is unlikely. It would be a huge gambit as it draws attention to herself more than it provides her a credible alibi of humanity. The only reason to do this is to force the priest into action so he reveals his powers.

2. miss mith was possessed by a ghost. I think this is likely. As we have seen it has created much hysteria and debate from the population of the house and has brought her under suspicion either real or fake from the people around her.

Nice work, youngster, but I disagree with your conclusions. I think the ghosts have the power to possess people - either normal folk like you and I, or the ghostpeople I was telling you about earlier.

I think the priest revealing his powers could have happened no matter whether it was a townsperson or a ghost who was the target. So the question I'm asking myself is, did the ghosts target a random townsperson to draw out a priest, or did they use the power on one of their own, hoping that one of their own would be viewed as a likely townsperson for getting possessed?

I haven't made my mind up yet, and you'd be well to do likewise, son.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Lid posted:

I discount any possibility that includes "drawing out the priest" because unless the scum have complete knowledge of the game from Anidav that is a bridge too far of a gambit.

Fine, then replace "draw out the priest" with "see what happens". Same principle applies. It's either the scumteam using its power on a town or the scumteam using it on a scumbro in the hope that it'd provide some townie cred.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Hey scroag, you may want to confirm whether you're still allowed to cast a vote without typing backwards. Otherwise this possession stuff goes from annoying to potentially damaging to town.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
I'm abstaining from the whip vote.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Vale Beet.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Birdstrike posted:

ahhh look at me during the night I got hit with a PR to only poo poo post waaah :derp:

p. sure you got hit with that PR on Oct 30 2008

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Bifauxnen posted:

So hey, for everyone not interested in my Mith lynch idea, can you just make it clear for me if it's because you really really think she's town, or what

I'm still interested in it.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
##vote Mithranderp

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Well at this rate we're not lynching anyone.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
I don't think wmb is faking it, and his PR certainly managed to get the heat off Mith.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Those On My Left posted:

how do you think wmb knew to post about "typing backwards" before that PR had even appeared in the game.

I don't. But we don't know enough about how PRs are given out. If ghosts get to name the restriction then wmb's post was a gift from the gods.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Aight gently caress it it's day 1, I'm not going to fight super hard for this.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Venom Soag posted:

##ghostbust black wangled

You dope

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Wait I thought that was a fake thing. Cripes.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Bifauxnen posted:

Now see, my result was way more vague. I really want to know if it actually did jack poo poo.

Yeah but this looks more like a result of a failed attempt.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Bifauxnen posted:

His power seems like it doesn't have anything to do with curing possession though, just making people be quiet and locking their vote in place.

Yeah that seems like an anti town thing though.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
I liked the old Beet better than the new Beet.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Venom Soag posted:

my power doesn't have anything to do with curing possession though, just making people be quiet and locking their vote in place.

Then why did you use it you nonce

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
##vote white mans burping

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

SKY COQ posted:

What's it like being a rocket scientist?

That scream last night was me making a ghost action against me fail. I was the scum target for last night, and prevented it.

How'd you manage that then?

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
##vote seagull

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Wait BT so you don't have any problem with Gaspy freezing you out from the vote yesterday?

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

black_tangled posted:

regarding getting blocked, definitely seems anti town. VS claimed it but who knows who actually did it. Could have been Bowmore.

B
O
W
M
O
R
E

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

black_tangled posted:

I don't know but something inside me just yells bowmore when it comes to this

I'm really struggling to see how this:

Venom Soag posted:

##ghostbust black wangled

Anidav posted:

BLACK_TANGLED IS UNABLE TO POST OR RE-VOTE FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE DAY
The radiation from the blast puts fatigue on her soul, she will take some time to recover as you notice the light leaving her eyes.

can be anything other than Gaspy's doing?

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Zetsubou's list is terrible as is his weird-rear end justification that Venom Soag's power was pro-town.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Howdy TOML. What say you about today's posts?

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Those On My Left posted:

okay so full disclosure, i'm not really alive/awake/energetic enough today to follow the bif and sky coq thing through all its details

overall i am thinking it might be time to lynch a lurker

##vote Bowmore

Umm

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
bowmore has made three times as many posts as you. He's got the fifth highest postcount.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Those On My Left posted:

look, i'll be honest, that's a really good point

##unvote

Not that lynching lurkers is bad policy mind you. It's why I voted seagull this morning. Think of it as a manual whip.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Quick PSA: I'm not going to be around for much of the last few hours before hammer. Work blocks SA and my phone is locked away. Will try to check in briefly once or twice but I won't be able to get in the thick of it.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Zets if you're going to run a case against me (or anyone else for that matter) your evidence should be a bit more than "seems off".

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
There's a ghost conspiracy that has rigged the Oscars since 1937. There is no "Academy", just a single ghost that picks winners. The Grammys are the only untainted award ceremony which is why they're so terrible - ghosts have better artistic taste than humans.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
The Illuminati are anti-ghost, as are the Knights Templar. But they hate each other too much to work together to rid us of this ghost menace. The janitor at the FBI pretended he knew nothing when I asked him to put me in touch with his Illuminati brothers. Just goes to show that they aren't taking this seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

SKY COQ posted:

I reckon it's because I was going hard on Gaspy and someone wanted to reinforce that narrative.

Auspol scum rarely seem to plan that kind of thing out. Usually it's like "eh, who should we kill? Any objections to MMG?" etc.

• Locked thread