Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

In as nick cave I mean gothic musician

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Mithranderp posted:

implying that you don't already have it

Or is he the one giving them the clap?

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

Curse you again, TOML! :argh:

Why would a town player be upset to have a confirmed town? *eyes you suspiciously through my glorious black locks*

hey does my character remind you of Tommy Wiseau?

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Can I play the rest of the game with a PR to talk like Tommy Wiseau?

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

I'm just here for inspiration for my next album 'Haunted (literally)'

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Mithranderp posted:

ભૂતિયા (શાબ્દિક)

I just realised you were telling us you were haunted

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

I am pro whip. Stops easy arguments from scum about lynching lurkers and encourages participation. However, I have this great idea for a gambit. Basically, it only works day one but :suicide:

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

I just realised my name and character go really well together. Must be because I chose my name when I was an angsty emo musician teenager.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Beetphyxious posted:

Very insulted right now

That was a funny joke and you're being sexist by not being happy to be mistaken for in one of my posts

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

##pro-whip

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

white mans burping posted:

Don't use personal appeals to your own enjoyment aa s a reason to be kept in mafia or argue that you're being bullied, it wins you no friend or supports

I dunno, I think it's ok to say if you think you're being bullied at the very least. As for the rest, that might be how you feel but it doesn't bother me, and you don't speak for me.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Uh Anidav can we have some clarity on the min post for Whipdeath?

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Anidav posted:

I would like to experiment with 10 posts per day to avoid. If you think the bar is too high or too low let me know. The whip is a relatively new concept for Auspol games.

I'm happy with that, 24 hour days, should be more than reasonable.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

What bothers me a lot more though, is him coming forward to claim he was immune to possession. If he's scum that gives him a great excuse for never being targeted by possession powers. (I presume they can't all be as benign as just giving you PR's) if he's town, it could discourage scum from wasting their powers on him.

Best argument so far. ##vote gwyn

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Those On My Left posted:

how do you think wmb knew to post about "typing backwards" before that PR had even appeared in the game.

yes exactly, seems a little too convenient. Slips, then pretends to have been slapped with PR -- knowing that the exorcist can't use the power again today.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Also I made a gag about having a tommy wiseau PR and no one jumped on that. How many PR powers are there in this game that people can just throw them around?

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Right now my in-laws are coming over (should provide more material for my next album about my inner torment) so I can't post too much today.

One thing that is definitely pinging me is bowmore's sudden increase in participation compared to last game... is playing as scum more interesting bowmore?

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

regarding getting blocked, definitely seems anti town. VS claimed it but who knows who actually did it. Could have been Bowmore.

B
O
W
M
O
R
E

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Gwynplaine posted:

Lets not picking on Bow. People always say he lurks too much.
Lets not punishing him for pitching in more!

I have to look for discrepancies! I notice you are sticking up for Bowmore.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Mithranderp posted:

It was definitely VS; he did it as a day action ITT, and anidav would either have modkilled or warned him if he had faked the day action.

I don't know but something inside me just yells bowmore when it comes to this

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

its a strong gut feeling

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

guys guys guys, we're missing the obvious. PRing me was anti town. Soag can't confirm himself that makes no sense. Vote bowmore

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

Even if you have some kind of annoying PR forcing you to accuse Bowmore in literally every post you write, you could try and work around it creatively. :v:

(Venom?) Soag can't confirm himself as town, but he can confirm he did the day action on you, that we all saw him post in the thread.

Everything is fine. Just pay attention to what I'm saying, regarding Bowmore.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

##vote bowmore

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

OK, the Lid flip is good enough data for me. Sorry for trying to lynch you 2 days in a row, Mith!

b_t and Tirade, are you back to normal yet?

I was always normal. Whatever makes you think something possessed me? And who on earth would do such a thing, which is surely an anti-town play, similar to day one when I was carelessly silenced and withheld from performing my one power of voting. Who, I ask you?!? Surely my gothic music is not that bad. My parents and weirdly young girlfriend are into it.

These flips not including an alignment is weirding me out and Anidav seems determined not to confirm any alignment. No NKs have been successful. Is having a ghost power 100% confirming scum? I feel like the balance is off in a game where you don't get any confirmed information (except tomls alignment).

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Tirade posted:

I think it was fairly explicit that Lid was a ghost, the flip called him a "Fallen Climber".

Anidav posted:

AS AN INNOCENT BABY, THOSE ON MY LEFT IS AN INNOCENT BABY AND IS THEREFORE CONFIRMED TOWN.

This is the only time the word town appears. At no point has the word scum appeared, and fallen might be a reference to the fact he is dead.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Anidav posted:

A harrowing moon suddenly rises; the midnight glare tells you it seeks no compromises.
The makeshift mob, reads from the holy tome a way to send the accused spirit home.
Blood is splashed on the photographer’s face, human bones rattling around him, the ritual keeps pace.
But as the candles run dim, and the room turns red, this makeshift mob sent a human instead.
For what was meant to be a spirit meeting its final fate, a mistake has been made but now it’s too late.
A demonic hand crashes through from under the floor, reaches up and claims its due.
The ritual failed, there was no ghostly mole; they had summoned a demon which then claimed a soul.

white mans burping has been lynched!

It is now Night 1, Night actions to me, thread unlocks 11am tomorrow.

quote:
Alternative Press Photographer: Each night you may take a photograph, allow for a day for the photograph to develop and you will get a message of who or what is in the photograph. For example, you might want to take a photograph of Anidav, you would tell the moderator to take a photograph of Anidav tonight. The next night your photo develops and it can tell you who else is in the photograph; including ghosts.

WMB's flip also had a name which is different to the posted names at the beginning of the game.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Anidav posted:

The ghostbuster's expression was filled with glee, because who caught a ghost, nobody but he.
As the lightning passed through Lid transparently, he activated his ghost trap and sucked in the spirit that was free.

Note: this does not confirm the ghostbuster as town and the character is merely being used for storytelling purposes.

Yes, here is the only other time and Anidav is noting that this does not confirm as town... kinda supporting my earlier point about there being no confirmations.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

What is this poo poo

Bif, you're not being very nice.

The point was made that Fallen climber was different to Mountain climber, thus indicating the flip was that of scum.

I'm noting that WMBs flips is Alternative press photographer, not The Photographer, IMO indicating that the above flip confirms nothing.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

It says lid is ghost

Then why not GHOST or something more in keeping with the usual indicators in flips.

And why not TOWN, on WMB's flip.

Something is weird.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

Just saying, it's too paranoid

That's fine if you disagree. I and I think TOML are feeling like something fishy is happening. No NKs for three nights... that's drat lucky.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

I'm surprised no one can tell I was fine yesterday just as I was fine today, posting completely as normal! You guys and your lingustics nonsense! Just compare my posts between these last few days and you can see I was totally fine.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

Looking at Tirade, can't you see how Mith was different?

Tirade's PR seemed to come on mid play which is at odds with the night action style of applying the prs. Given the controversy over Mith's not starting play with the PR, you would think Anidav would perhaps come down hard on it if it was real.

10:12

Tirade posted:

Lid cursed Mith, not Gwyn? I thought Gwyn's baka gaijin routine was a flavor / post restriction thing rather than a curse.

10:14

Tirade posted:

The left makes a tinkling sound, the right a majestic honk. If I squeeze them in time, I can play a stirring rhythm. I take a teat in each hand and stretch them out like elastic. Their music stirs the senses; it warms the heart. Soon they are long enough to wind around my body. I am nude. My skin is taut and creamy. I enshroud myself in my melodic breasts. My legs part, my spine sharply flexes, my vagina bellows; it bellows for you. It is time. I will have your baby.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

There are a gently caress ton of rules it seems

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

another explanation is that more details about what can and can't be said are added over time as Anidav works out the kinks

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Types of PR

Talking in tongues - classic ghost theme - town effect: everyone has to translate or someone plays translator. scum effect: excuse not to have to post much or scum hunt in detail potentially look more townie as have been possessed
"Ghost busted" - town effect: doesn't reflect well if used on someone who is being useful to town, if used for 'good' will help ghost buster be perceived as town. scum effect: prevent townies from voting or effectively hunting
In character- town effect: in prev games has been considered obfuscating. In Gwyn's case there is a fair amount that is not easily understood and I personally have a tendency to glaze over it while reading through heaps of posts. scum effect: excuse not to have to post much or scum hunt in detail, potentially look more townie as have been possessed

Maybe there are other types of PR that could be analysed using this method

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Pretending to have a PR doesn't count as a day action I wouldn't have thought

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Zetsubou-san posted:

Staring into the past, I also suspect B_T was hit during the day, but the timing is slim.

Really? If you look at my first post of the day, you'll see it was 100% consistent with all my posts in this game and every other game.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

alright gently caress it

##vote Mithranderp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

I'm starting to think Bif is under some kind of Mith based PR...

• Locked thread