Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

ArfJason posted:

Sfill have it in my inventory cause i bought it for like a fistfull of dollars a year or so ago on sale but im not aure my pc can run it well and then deluxe edition came out for a few dollars more :(
lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
i bought this and its cool but i find the player movement and car controls janky. hopefully i can upgrade car handling

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ArfJason posted:

Sfill have it in my inventory cause i bought it for like a fistfull of dollars a year or so ago on sale but im not aure my pc can run it well and then deluxe edition came out for a few dollars more :(
Ive heard nothing but praise for it but people seem to have forgottwn about it

The Man With No Game

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Paper Triangle posted:

i bought this and its cool but i find the player movement and car controls janky. hopefully i can upgrade car handling

I disliked the car combat at first but by the end I was driving around Hong Kong for fun because I loved it so much. Maybe it'll grow on you is what im saying

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

ArfJason posted:

Ive heard nothing but praise for it but people seem to have forgottwn about it

The game is insanely well optimised. I was astounded to discover that whatever lovely laptop I had in 2012 could run it flawlessly

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog

Austrian mook posted:

I disliked the car combat at first but by the end I was driving around Hong Kong for fun because I loved it so much. Maybe it'll grow on you is what im saying

i should say the RAM button is cool and one of the main reasons i bought this was to drive a motorcycle around hong kong, i just find myself constantly fighting with the camera on turns.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
The motorcycles are pretty rear end i think.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

The motorcycles are really good and its fun to drive around and see how long you can do a continuous wheelie

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Paper Triangle posted:

i should say the RAM button is cool and one of the main reasons i bought this was to drive a motorcycle around hong kong, i just find myself constantly fighting with the camera on turns.

If you're playing on Xbox RAM is set to the wrong button.

Dec 26, 2012

Pablo Gigante posted:

The Man With No Game

the ecstasy of game

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Austrian mook posted:

The motorcycles are pretty rear end i think.

drive into oncoming traffic and you can wheelie ramp off of those sloped cars and go insanely high, it loving rules

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
Posting best songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNPPdkxE7S0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8-qkrDB2kY

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

The Daptone Radio station

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It's such a good game and I hope they make another.

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster
what does th remaster add

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

O__O posted:

what does th remaster add

Graphics

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Sleeping Dogs is a great game and the atmosphere is absolutely spot on. It's exactly how Hong Kong feels when you're actually there, only you're not an average looking white guy who isn't a sadist and there are subtitles.

My only regret with the game is that by the time you unlock all the moves the game is basically over. You can replay the missions via a menu but it'd be fun to romp though the game credit to credit with the full moveset in a new game + mode.

Also in the Story with Jackie there is some really really annoying daytime horror movie cut-scene stupidity.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Feb 2, 2016

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Id love to get a pork bun in IRL Hong Kong and walk around with headphones on. I have wanderlust

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I like how it seems like they have the problem where the character is a cop reluctant to kill but then the player shoots and fucks up dozens of dudes, but then the case logs reveal Wei to be a sadistic psycho.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Hong Kong owns and everyone should go. If you are OK with crowds it's amazing. If you have a boderline phobia for crowds like me it's still awesome just also terrifying.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

lmao

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Hold up guys, it's past time we talked about my phobia of crowds

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Eifert Posting posted:

Hong Kong owns and everyone should go. If you are OK with crowds it's amazing. If you have a boderline phobia for crowds like me it's still awesome just also terrifying.

Thanks, but I'll take a pass. I can enjoy Virtual Hong Kong from the comfort of my PS4 :cheerdoge:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sometimes I wonder what kind of hosed up retard life you lead where you're afraid of being around people.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Please don't do the GBS thing where you reply or PM me with the actual details

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

Sometimes I wonder what kind of hosed up retard life you lead where you're afraid of being around people.

There could be any number of reasons for having a fear of crowds such as a traumatic event that may have happened to him in the past or even simply just a healthy distrust of the chinese.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
cowds are cool to me and when i went to new york city i basically Got high from all the people and tall buildings every where.. it was awesom. sounds like Honk kong scratches the same itch

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

That's probably why I like Tokyo so much. except the part where Japanese crowds will walk directly into you unless you're holding up a cellphone like a crucifix and pretending to read it.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

There could be any number of reasons for having a fear of crowds such as a traumatic event that may have happened to him in the past or even simply just a healthy distrust of the chinese.

Larry Parrish: [laughing at a 75 year old Vietnam vet having a flashback] Haha! What's wrong with you fag! And don't do the GBS thing where you actually explain to me what's going on.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I don’t like crowds because I prefer the people I see to each have a purpose beyond simple ambience. Quest givers, blacksmiths, innkeepers etc.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I don’t like crowds because I prefer the people I see to each have a purpose beyond simple ambience. Quest givers, blacksmiths, innkeepers etc.

Act in such a way that you treat humanity, whether in your own person or in the person of another, always at the same time as an end and never simply as a means — Immanuel Kant

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Virtual Hong Kong is probably a better trip because you won't get violently ill just from breathing

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

Please don't do the GBS thing where you reply or PM me with the actual details

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Eifert Posting posted:

lol but also i understand. theres so many freakin people there

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

I.N.R.I posted:

chinese crowds loving suck bcause old chinese women love to stop walking in the middle of a busy sidewalk. by the end of my trip i was giving them fairly hard shoulder bumps as i walked past them because they made me so mad

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Larry Parrish: [laughing at a 75 year old Vietnam vet having a flashback] Haha! What's wrong with you fag! And don't do the GBS thing where you actually explain to me what's going on.

Lmao

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

• Locked thread