Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Black Baby Goku posted:

If you want a good action RPG play Grim Dawn, which I just beat and was very fun

its bad imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

:stare::stare::stare:

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
That would be a cool road layout for a videogame city

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Deeply confused

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

I dunno dude I really really liked it. The multi class and devotion system was awesome

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
its ffx

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I literally crunch numbers in excel for work, and for most of my volunteering, and this is still too loving spergy for me

You're a pile of trash brother.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The skill sheet is really boring because you slot skills into gear, because this game has things called support gems that buff skills they are linked to, and they're seriously powerful, but allow you to mix and match what works best for your build or playstyle. As a result, instead of getting to unlock Slightly Better Fireball and raise your health or mana a bit, you can unlock like 10% extra fire damage or whatever. Most of those pips are real boring but there's a few that are insanely powerful on there, like one that lets you never miss hits but never crit, or one that turns all your evasion into bonus armor, or one that removes your entire mana pool and makes all spells pull from your health bar instead.

So the game has this huge skill sheet, but that's only because its visually showing you all those level ups in diablo or whatever where you didn't get a skill point, and also it allows every class to potentially take any skill.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

where does it start

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

that pic is also an older crazier version of the grid. the classes start near powerful nodes that immediately benefit them, like the barb-type starts near a bunch of strong +health and +melee damage nodes etc.

ill probably play this when they nerf act 4 again for like, the third time now? they really need to stop trying to cater to the crazies

Dec 26, 2012

Black Baby Goku posted:

If you want a good action RPG play Grim Dawn, which I just beat and was very fun

what makes it good

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

it's titan quest 2 but instead of going through ancient greece and china fighting mythological creatures you go through caves and swamps fighting zombies and rats

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

that pic is also an older crazier version of the grid. the classes start near powerful nodes that immediately benefit them, like the barb-type starts near a bunch of strong +health and +melee damage nodes etc.

ill probably play this when they nerf act 4 again for like, the third time now? they really need to stop trying to cater to the crazies

This made me randomly think of me saying its retarded that this game doesn't have offline play, and like 40 people in the guild chat chimed in to say how they memory hacked in diablo 2 to always have godlike gear. Lmao.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
its got a cool class system, cool skills, skills tied to a belief system as well that can attune to other skills from your tree, reasons to rerun dungeons, good bounty system, and is fairly long so you get your 20 bucks worth. i liked TQ btw

Dec 26, 2012

Black Baby Goku posted:

its got a cool class system, cool skills, skills tied to a belief system as well that can attune to other skills from your tree, reasons to rerun dungeons, good bounty system, and is fairly long so you get your 20 bucks worth. i liked TQ btw

that sounds pretty cool. ill llok into it

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
i like to drink pee pee out of my toilet.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

01011001 posted:

that sounds pretty cool. ill llok into it

Dec 26, 2012

yikes

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
the animation for reaching in the pants to grab poo poo is incredible, they must have spent a ton of time on it

Dec 26, 2012

i certainly hope they did

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Epic Armor.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

This made me randomly think of me saying its retarded that this game doesn't have offline play, and like 40 people in the guild chat chimed in to say how they memory hacked in diablo 2 to always have godlike gear. Lmao.

i cant believe how long it took them to actually have the game synced up instead of running like 90s battlenet

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ill give grimdawn another chance but idk. theres some very clear winners in the skill tree. like the flash grenade that uhh slows things down a little, next to firebomb that deals gamebreaking damage in a huge radius

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I never beat Victor Vran

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bobnumerotres posted:

ill give grimdawn another chance but idk. theres some very clear winners in the skill tree. like the flash grenade that uhh slows things down a little, next to firebomb that deals gamebreaking damage in a huge radius

I played an occultist and shaman and had 8 different pets running around plus two pets that spawn when I'm hit, a pet that spawns out of my sword, and the ability to turn into a rain cloud and pour acid rain on enemies

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Grim Dawn is fine but the class balance is hosed right now and for some reason the game doesn't have that feature other Diablo-likes have where poo poo for your class drops more than other poo poo. I got like 20 loving epic items for the loving Shaman and not a single one for Occultist when I played through as an Occultist

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

SunAndSpring posted:

Grim Dawn is fine but the class balance is hosed right now and for some reason the game doesn't have that feature other Diablo-likes have where poo poo for your class drops more than other poo poo. I got like 20 loving epic items for the loving Shaman and not a single one for Occultist when I played through as an Occultist

Trade with people. I joined a bunch of trade games to do it

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
You can also turn off instanced loot for D2 style loot

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Black Baby Goku posted:

Trade with people. I joined a bunch of trade games to do it

Oh yeah, I forgot this isn't like Diablo 3 where you can't trade with people for some dumb reason

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

SunAndSpring posted:

Oh yeah, I forgot this isn't like Diablo 3 where you can't trade with people for some dumb reason

Lol yeah

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Trading is for fags imo. Self find or pooling gear with my party only for this gamer.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

BBG I just walked into Starbucks and there's a guy playing Grim Dawn on his laptop. Is it you

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

BBG I just walked into Starbucks and there's a guy playing Grim Dawn on his laptop. Is it you

uh, you should always talk to a fellow gamer, why dont you ask him?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

"Hey, cool, I like that game."
(the stranger smiles politely at pablo and goes back to his gaming session)
"Hey uh, have you ever heard of imp zone?"
(the man is visibly annoyed now)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Barista: Sir, you're disturbing the other customers... and this is a McDonald's drive-thru. [winks]

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Slowly, I lean in and whisper into his ear, "Sir, this is a Starbucks drive thru." As he turns to look at me, I give a knowing wink and return to my coffee.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

Barista: Sir, you're disturbing the other customers... and this is a McDonald's drive-thru. [winks]

Dammit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

[trying to read the cue cards] Uh... do you have, hm, stairs in your drive-thru? Wait, god -- Steve! Steve, who wrote this poo poo?

• Locked thread