Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«964 »
Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Yeah everything vaguely explosive counts including flashbangs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

For some, like gas grenades it doesn't make sense. But stuff like shredstorm cannons are so destructive and loud they should activate every pod on the map.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005
I know how to pronounce 'Xshathra' properly.

I think it's just supposed to be 'very loud noises', but honestly normal gunfire is loud as gently caress anyways so it's arbitrary.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!

Lipstick Apathy

Coolguye posted:

feel free to come back to share stories or ask advice, friend!

Will do. It's gonna be an all anime character squad so be forewarned

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

Time to button mash!

I always likened the Lost activation thing to being brought on by the concussive effect of popping a grenade / car / suspiciously explosive generator. They're supposed to have a hive mind, right? It's like a pulse in a cluster pings a bunch of lost entities at once, whereas taking them down one by one is a much less notable ping for the hive.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Jenny Angel posted:

Will do. It's gonna be an all anime character squad so be forewarned

we will be very interested to hear which waifu survives the trial by fire

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

Even in Death...

Yams Fan

Serephina posted:

I think it's just supposed to be 'very loud noises', but honestly normal gunfire is loud as gently caress anyways so it's arbitrary.

Yeah, but trust me, that many Lost on the map would make most missions impossible

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

Time to button mash!

I survived the Lost World bug of 2017

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Lost World should be the way the game works by default imo.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

There was a bug that makes lost world continue being effective until you get a mission specifically with a lost related sitrep, and it loving owned. I won a ton of missions by camping on top of ladders and just devastating the map with explosives Advent would be too busy trying to swim through the 20 or so lost surrounding them that I'd pick them off, mop up the lost, and hit the extraction point.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I am the real hero here.

One of the Chosen stole my best Ranger like four months ago. Am I supposed to get a Rescue mission by now or is it simply RNG? That Ranger had the Chosen Assassin's items I've already killed all three Chosen, did I gently caress up?

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

Time to button mash!

what do you think powered those crypt-monoliths?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Ah goddamnit, I was struggling to put together a squad to assault the chosen assassin after suffering a full wipe on a supply run mission, and was one day away from healing my last guy up, when the chosen assaulted the Avenger.

«964 »