Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«965 »
OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

I haven't been a big fan of the turn-based games I've tried, but I downloaded XCOM1's demo on a whim and founded myself enjoying it. Likely due to the unique camera work when characters perform an action.

Sad I missed this on the Winter Sale, but onto my wishlist it goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Check around, maybe someone has keys left over from a bundle. (that's how I got the first one)

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

Exposure posted:

If you're on a Windows PC, it shouldn't be happening anymore since the October patch, the issue was found due to the one instance of the game not filtering out soldiers on covert actions: when you first open the squad select screen for another mission while a covert action is in progress.

If you're on Mac/Linux/Consoles, at this point it's looking like you're all poo poo out of luck because there's no way the porting companies used to outsource development for your platform wouldn't have gotten something out the door by now if 2K was still interested in fully supporting the game.

Yeah, it's real unfortunate how much support for alternate platforms, the SDK, etc, dried up after WOTC came out. Dropped it like a hot potato.

Martha Stewart Undying
Oct 22, 2012

Thank you and quoting for future reference.

chird
Sep 26, 2004

Bit of a hail Mary but does anyone know why 'The Lost' and 'The Horde' sitreps don't spawn any lost for me? Missions are just as usual.

Happened on two playthroughs now.

Removing all mods and deleting config doesn't fix the issue. My mods are largely UI anyway, the only thing remotely interesting would be 'fair lost targeting'.

I've never had a mission that spawned the lure thing.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Light Gun Man posted:

I'm pretty sure just GOING on a covert OP unequips soldiers, doesn't it?

Nope they take whatever they’ve got equipped at the time, which is handy when they get ambushed cos they’ll actually have decent gear, but not so handy when you forget you left your WAR suit and disruptor rifle on someone right before a mission pops up.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

chird posted:

Bit of a hail Mary but does anyone know why 'The Lost' and 'The Horde' sitreps don't spawn any lost for me? Missions are just as usual.

Happened on two playthroughs now.

Removing all mods and deleting config doesn't fix the issue. My mods are largely UI anyway, the only thing remotely interesting would be 'fair lost targeting'.

I've never had a mission that spawned the lure thing.

verify cache, this game has a weird habit of doing tons of weird stuff and verifying caches finds some bad file and fixes it like 85% of the time.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

Time to button mash!

How does verifying a cache work? Is there a master file that's like a blueprint, and verifying checks that all the pieces are correct and in the right place?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Nope they take whatever they’ve got equipped at the time, which is handy when they get ambushed cos they’ll actually have decent gear, but not so handy when you forget you left your WAR suit and disruptor rifle on someone right before a mission pops up.

For awhile, not sure if they fixed it, but hitting the unequip all button would strip people on covert ops of their gear so you could use it on missions (but not ambushes)

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Bogart posted:

How does verifying a cache work? Is there a master file that's like a blueprint, and verifying checks that all the pieces are correct and in the right place?

pretty sure it's basically checksums that you verify against steam's known-good values

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Yep, judging by these will values, Chosen Strongholds roughly count as two separate missions, which means your dudes are definitely going to be tired for around 12 days or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Weird, maybe it was some mod doing that to me then.

«965 »