Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

What are the chances that decrypting a 45 gig preload is gonna take longer than just downloading it once it's unlocked?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

In case anyone was wondering, Nuuvem actually came through. My key bought in December is not region-locked, but apparently keys bought since January 25 are.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

Christopher Odd made a video showing how to export/import character pools and stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo_AlvNvfa8

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

Roobanguy posted:

so apparently steam changed the way you change your billing address from when people were vpning for fallout 4. you now have to put in actual information to change it.

Please enter a first name for your billing information.
Please enter a last name for your billing information.
Please enter your billing address.
Please enter your billing city.
Please enter a State or Province.
Please enter your zip or postal code.

thats the information you need. so rip vpning to play earlier i guess.

What are you talking about, you don't need to change anything except turn off steam, turn on vpn, turn on steam.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

Demiurge4 posted:

Steam will gently caress you if you try to buy games for a different currency. I live in Iceland right now but I still have my steam account tied to my Danish card with my home billing address, I'm paying in Euro's which is fine. But if I were to try and VPN myself to Mexico and pay in Mexibucks (with an EU card) they'd take issue with that. All you need to do is log in, Steam checks the game against your location and unlocks and you log off, turn off the VPN and download the day 1patch. It takes all of 10 seconds.

Actually nowadays the game will re-lock itself if you turn off the VPN. You need to go into Steam's offline mode to circumvent that, or just leave the VPN running until it's unlocked in your region.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

Demiurge4 posted:

Really? I didn't have that issue with Fallout 4.

Interesting, so that would be something the developers can control? I definitely had that issue with a game, I can't remember which game it was though, something in November 2015 I guess.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

Back To 99 posted:

Can you choose which class rookies promote to this time?

Not when they get promoted in a mission, but you can stick one rookie into the tactics school for some days and he'll train into the class you chose.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

Someone got groinjacked!

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

UFOs don't spawn until you do the Black Site mission so I don't think you have to face an Avenger defence until you do. Since I already controlled all the story mission locations beforehand and the Black Site gave me a convenient lone Codex to Skulljack, I feel pretty confident about letting it sit until the end

I think I'd rather face an avenger defense with basic mechs as best unit than one with Andromedons and Codices and poo poo.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

Rhymenoserous posted:

Blaster bomb is cool, but it still doesn't hold a candle to my upgraded plasma grenades. "I wonder what's in that building" Mr. Explosive says. "Lets blow the entire front face off of it and find out."

It's not like the blaster bomb uses up a grenade slot, you simply get one more big explosion!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

Harrow posted:

For sniper Sharpshooters: is Long Watch worth anything? It seems like it's totally obsoleted by Kill Zone, which already has Squadsight range and lets you fire multiple reaction shots instead of just one.

Also, I really need to get another Sharpshooter trained up so I can try out a gunslinger build. If it's as good as people say I'll retrain my sniper, too.

It's very useful for popping pods on their turn so you don't get shot at. Obviously you need a Phantom ranger to spot the pod for your sniper. I take it with all my Sharpshooters, even Gunslingers.