Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemony
Jul 27, 2010

Now With Fresh Citrus Scent!
Whelp, time to start over again. This one seemed to be going well and everything. Then I committed a cardinal sin and moved my last guy a couple of steps to far forward while raiding a UFO, which triggered a turret and a pod. My point man died instantly, a second guy dies the turn after, since two of my soldiers were too far away to really do anything effective. Then the Advent captain who was part of the pod hits two of my guys with a grenade. I hadn't even known that they carry grenades! Then I manage to hack the turret and take control of in in a hail mary play! Everything is looking up!

Then I skulljack the captain, more to instakill him from full health than to complete the quest. Hahahaha, whoops. One panicked soldier getting gunned down in the open and another getting crit while in cover later, my last trooper dies by being strangled to death. It's a good thing this game is so fun!

:xcom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemony
Jul 27, 2010

Finished my second playthrough, fun game. Definitely worth the value and makes me look forward to future titles in the series. It also made me grab WotC on sale a few weeks ago, so it'll soon be time to do an XCOM2 run with that content. I loved it, but haven't played since my second time through a couple months after release.

Also, I just wanted to say that this run through ended with a Sorcerer using Tyranny on Shrike when they had one HP left. Absolutely hilarious way to finish it, guess that guy had some disputes brewing with management.

Lemony
Jul 27, 2010

Haven't played Xcom 2 since my initial couple of playthroughs when it was released. I had so much fun with XCops I picked up the dlc and started a new game.

Oh man, Chimera Squad taught me so many bad habits and my dudes have such terrible aim. Now I need to relearn all my muscle memory for why flanking and crits are so important. Also, I'm missing the subdue action and my rookie who got the initial ranger promotion also ate a pile of damage in the intro mission, so I haven't been able to use her since.

Lemony
Jul 27, 2010

EW did let you mecha punch sectoids into exploding tractors everything, so it's pretty good in my books.

I probably wouldn't go back and play it over 2 these days, but if you never did a run-through and you enjoyed the more recent titles I'd say it's worth a try.

Lemony
Jul 27, 2010

Man, I missed having MECs so much in 2. Exo suits just aren't the same!

Lemony
Jul 27, 2010

Someone had mentioned a good cosmetic replacement mod for the XCOM 2 energy weapons that made them look more like magdriver type guns. I can't seem to find the post though. Anyone have any good suggestions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemony
Jul 27, 2010

Ran into the Berserker Queen for the first time. It was on a place on the map I was not expecting and patrolled into me.

My one support dude on overwatch got a shot off and procced the repeater instakill. Very funny, if a bit anticlimactic.