Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

is this gonna be good and should i get the saeson pass thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

why did GMG send me two keys when the first one said that it was the XCOM 2 RESISTANCE Edition or whatever it was called

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

also do mods gently caress with getting achievements?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hunh thanks thats weird mostly because the key for the game is titled in a way to suggest it has the preorder bonus packed in but ok

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

if you get a cool rando squaddie can you like save it to your pool

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

can you hit export on a rando soldier and add them to your character pool i think that'd be cool and i dont want a million internet males in my gam

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what is the easy vpn program plz

e: vpngate

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Feb 5, 2016

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the resistance armor is like actually armor instead of just being superficial, what a weird choice

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

apparently i preordered some expansion for $10 what's in this thing

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

does that mean i can eugenics an anime army for maximum efficiency because hell yeah if so

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

sick

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

how come none of the steam workshop gimmicks has been updated in like 16 months

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what's integrated DLC mean

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ok cool I think I want to do the story missions

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

BlazetheInferno posted:

Okay so, after looking through the cosmetic mods I use, here's what I can tell about them, going through my list in alphabetical order. Voice packs not included.

Anarchy's Children Extra Options: Lets you use the various hat options from Anarchy's Children in some of the other head slots. Working fine.

Arms and Shoulders: Working Fine! I actually was expecting this one to break somehow.

Capnbubs Accessories Pack: Some of the items here have broken textures, but a lot remain intact as well. A lot of the helmets and all of the goggle-type options appear to be broken, though the basic beret (without the badge), the Balaclava, the tacmask, and stuff like that seem to be intact.

Custom Face Paints: Working fine. I don't use as many of these as I used to, though. Need to go back and doublecheck through my character pool, remind myself how many characters use what...

Destroyer's Female Hair Pack: Several of these appear to have broken textures. Given that he has said he is no longer capable of updating this one (hence the existence of the second pack), prospects are grim unless he can fix them up and add the hairstyles from this pack into the second pack.

Destroyer's Female Hair Pack 2.0: I didn't notice any broken textures among these while I was looking. This one appears to be intact.

Destroyer's Male Mustache Pack: Appears to be in working order.

Eldritch Facepaints v1.2: Working fine. I was really half-expecting one of the facepaint mods to have a broken texture somewhere, but nope!

Eyepatch Right: Broken texture. The mod-maker doesn't appear to have been online in a very, very long time though; the "last online" notice doesn't even give a date. Sorry, Solid Snake fans, but I don't see this one getting fixed any time soon.

Fire Emblem Awakening: Lucina's Hairstyle & Mask: (grabbed out of curiosity). Working fine with one exception: the version of the mask and headband that use your armor color have broken textures and are solid black at the moment. The default mask and headband are fine, though.

Free the Hood: Working as intended.

Glowing Eyes: At first I thought this was broken, as when I tried to select them, they didn't appear. While I was checking the next mods though, they started appearing as I scrolled through the list. So this one appears to be working fine.

Mass Effect's Jack Appearance Pack: One or two of the earpiece options appear to have broken textures, but other than that this appears to be intact.

ME3 Garrus Squadmate: Very broken at the moment. His head is intact, but all of the armor's textures are broken, and selecting his torso actually breaks the customization menu, preventing you from selecting arm options.

ME3 Jack Squadmate: Completely intact, as far as I can tell.

ME3 Kasumi Squadmate: Intact, with one exception; the N7 Fury Mask option (hood with mask) has no textures on the mask.

MGSV: Jungle Fatigues (MGS3): Broken textures all around.

More Armor Colors/Vivid Hair Color: Grouped together because they're so similar. Working fine.

Starcraft II Nova Squadmate: Working fine. No broken textures that I could see.

Stenchfury Modular Helmets: Broken textures on a number of the pieces right now, though some pieces are intact.

Warden Gear: Almost entirely intact, at least on the helmets front. Can't check the actual armor pieces in the character pool, but only one of of the helmets has broken textures, and even then, only on the little spotting lasers it has on one side.

quoting this so I can find it when I get home ty. anyone else have any recommendations that they've tested?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i'm playing on normal and reactivated the tutorial and poo poo and all my units feel OP so far although I've had like no time on the strategy layer at all lol

did they get rid of ironman mode or what

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what are the good dress-up mods

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i got stuck on an early mission because of a phantom enemy so now I kinda wanna start over but then i'd have to do that whole dragunova mission again. I thought I was supposed to start with templars since I picked that at the beginning

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Axetrain posted:

There is a specific option for just that mission on the DLC menu when you start a new game, make sure to uncheck it since it's on by default. Had the same experience and didn't know why.

oh tight thanks

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

none of my mods seem to be doing anything. do you have to change an ini or some poo poo

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

why would my sniper have started a mission with only one round in her chamber?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hito posted:

I think there's a bug where the resistance people that join your squad on rescue start with whatever ammo they ended with on their rescue mission.

ok this sounds right i did just do a rescue mission

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I keep getting mid-mission crashes and a weird in-game error reporting thing. gonna play destiny 2 until there's a patch or two

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

do the legacy unlocks persist across installs on steam

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i hate this game why do i play it

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

tchh........

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what's phoenix point

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

idk

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I too post with my head in the sand

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

That's what everyone is saying yeah

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

have to guess from the price tag it was developed as a dlc campaign but they decided the audience might be bigger if they spin it off and expand it. cool but i will miss the wacky unlocks it wouldve added to the main campaign

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ok

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

breaches seem like a good fix for the whole inching forward to activate pods issue

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i guess i only have myself to blame for doing an ironman game before 5 patches

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I dunno what a depot is

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

neat color scheme

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i've been playing gears tactics its pretty good

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

How did you all like Gears Tactics? Been feeling an itch for turn based squad poo poo but I've too recently done an Xcom 2 run and want to try something new.

it will definitely scratch the xcom itch. it's pretty good i think despite me having no fondness for the gears setting or designs or characters whatsoever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

wouldnt be the first studio to significantly over-commit to a marvel license