Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

RandallODim posted:

hahaha gently caress this gently caress THIS why jake whyyy

RULES OF ZERG RUSH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Darkrenown posted:

The aliens merged outsiders with the internet :ohdear:

I'm half expecting unholy abominations of memes and anime

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Thyrork posted:

I trust someone will mod the commanders office to resemble this?

:stonk:

The tie-in book explains that a few ufo's were shot down by XCOM, a few successful missions, everything going smoothly, then countries pulled out, funding got cut and someone blabbed about the location of XCOM HQ to the aliens.

Or maybe mod it into a completely featureless space, like my place is.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Now I don't want to get all weird and preachy, but I hope we can all remember the good word of Leviticus 19:33-34 while playing this game.

When an alien resides with you in your land, you shall not oppress the alien. The alien who resides with you shall be to you as the citizen among you; you shall love the alien as yourself, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.

Godblesscom.

spotted the ayy lmao sympasizer

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

"I believe I can fly eurgghh"

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Don't forget the neptunia voice mod :v:

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Wish there was capslock for everything else.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Eimi posted:

I only value spider/wraith suits for sniper sharpshooters. They generally only care about ammo, so you lose nothing from the item slot, and as mentioned grapple helps keep snipers competitive. Now when do I find the time/resources to build one? I never do because I always have "better" poo poo to do with my cores. By better I mean fighting RNG for Inferno Grenades or ammo types I want. For rangers I dislike them as the loss of an item slot hurts with how I build them, Talon/Flash. Now if you don't have Talon Rounds yet its fine, but that's also one core not put into the ammo grinder.

Exo/War suits can be good on everyone. I build 2, use them on my grenadiers. If a grenadier is injured and I need to take a lower level guy I'll give them that as well as the heavy weapon ensures they have something to contribute. The rocket launcher is great, but again, bear in mind upgrading from that is another Elerium Core sink.

In general though I really value the 2 item slots. It's so hard to justify giving that up.

I loving hate the RNG in the proving grounds. :negative:

Trust me the experimental ammo mod in the Steam Workshop will do you wonders. Now in the case of a mod that removes each of those things in the proving grounds research pool every time you manage to get one, yeah I've yet to see that mod yet.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Most of my PCS came from the black market, when I could afford it. And after installing the more loot mod, they all eneded up being mostly will pcs.

Speaking of which, the only ones I figure to be valuable in ranking

Aim/movement
Hp/dodge

and will at the very bottom.

Aim and movement obviously for flanks, mobility and actually landing shots when you aren't using the sheer amount of garunteed damage most units can dish out. HP and dodge less so because chances are, if you rely on this you're setting yourself up for bad times.

In XCOM 1 more health would be liked so they can live more, cause chances are with the higher enemy count you will get shot at. XCOM 2 on the other hand has a much smaller pool and every unit is so much more valuable. Dodge is rng and dodge tanking isn't nearly as good as making the other enemy dead. Plus you already have a tank, the mimic beacon/whoever you got mc'd.

And will at the very bottom. Not only do you get a respectable amount of will naturally, but you also get more will from shaken units. Even on PSI units they are worthless because your units' psi power is independent of Will.

Honestly I feel will PCS has to be revamped, it doesn't feel that much of a valued trait to have when having any other passive massively improves your units.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

PantsBandit posted:

Just want to reiterate how loving amazing mods in xcom are.

It's like a republic commando fan fic

I don't see an imperial flag on that trooper :colbert:

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I wanted bladmasters to have multiple strikes on a single foe or an AoE cleave, not this gimped version of what a Serial Implacable shotty Ranger. All the other classes AoE's are guaranteed without damage dropoff.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Lowen SoDium posted:

Not quite that bad, but he really does brush it off as being cheap repackaged sequel, ignoring that classes have been completely redone, all enemies were either new or remade, and dismisses most of the new game elements. He also wasn't that hard on turn limits, but was saying that he didn't think they made sense narratively on some missions.

So apparently people wouldn't get used to aliens when they literally were the occupying force for an entire generation and basically made things better for everyone.

Or how in the tutorial it's the characters saving the commander and Bradford telling the units what to do. Or how autopsies are needed for getting more info of a top secret conspiracy. Or how all the missions in some way are that cause the resistance fighters made those scenarios to warrant these mission types.

And wait, complaining about not using your moves that could gently caress you up? In XCOM?

This and his shoddy MGSV review where he complains about the optional voice clips and ~Wacky Kojima~ as dismissal of the game, really is showing a lack of effort and quality.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

SynthOrange posted:

Help I'm spending more time modding than playing

do you know what will make you want to play rather than mod?

anime face masks

Eh? Eh? Wink Wink Nudge Nudge :nyoron:

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Just why

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I kind of want to have the old medic class back, or something like it to make smoke grenades viable. They seem too weak in a game where unlike in XCOM 1
you're expected to kill every alien before they can draw a bead on you.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Something's wrong, I used the max squad size fix mod alongside the instructions, but in my new game I do not have the six units in my game. And I checked my stuff again, I still do not have my six slots.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Okay, so my ini edits are not being applied on any difficulty. How do I fix the files to make my ini edits apply again? EDIT: Even the Gremlins no longer give a hack boost to stats now, I have no idea what's going on.

Also would like to know how to fix XCOM 2 still says "running" even when I already closed the game, and the only way to play XCOM 2 again from there is to restart Steam. I have to do this every time, and restarting my computer doesn't seem to stop the problem.

Annointed fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Mar 4, 2016

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

My ini edits aren't working. I saved them through notepad ++ and they worked with mods in my second veteran run, but not applying at all to my commander run. This also includes the increased soldiers mod, it's just not being applied.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Funny enough my first avenger mission ended up glitching, I was awkwardly waiting in the west coast of the us for like an hour in game before the ufo stopped bouncing around and made a beeline to me.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

SynthOrange posted:

Completely misread that. Now I'm going to make a reaper's scythe.

edit: thanks workshop

thorkshop

The uguu will consume us all

Am I kawaii commander sin3.14~

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Can anybody make a list of the Quality of Life mods that are now no longer necessary to improve gameplay experience?

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Also rapid fire is garbage on a sharpshooter. I thought it would allow me to double tap, nope. The other option was rapid fire pistol, nope. The only way I got it to work was grapple hook my way til I got the right chance to use it.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Anyone know how to shorten psi training time?

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Uh guys

http://i.imgur.com/WmUW0Dk

I have no idea what happened, all I did was remove some mods, now I can't change skin tones, even in the character pool.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

SynthOrange posted:

Removing the 'more skin tones' 'more armor color' mods and the like leaves a whole bunch of unusable junk info in the game. Reverify. :v:

So SynthOrange, I see that Modbuddy for XCOM 2 makes a bunch of random unique files under workshop, and some of these mod folders are empty. Since I no longer see the active mods in my DefaultModOptions.ini, do I have to manually delete every empty folder so I can fix my problem?

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

LowellDND posted:

The "remove mods" mod might help too.

I got that too, didn't help. Okay I went to the properties option and clicked "verify game", hopefully that will fix my characters up.

EDIT: Nope, didn't work either, characters still stuck as black.

Annointed fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Mar 18, 2016

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Okay I went to the folder where all my mods were, and deleted every single file that didn't have anything in it, and verified the cache. And my characters are all still stuck with the same skin color. Dang it what am I doing wrong?

EDIT: Okay, with the more skin colors mod, now I have all my characters back to normal.

Annointed fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Mar 18, 2016

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I had to disable the increased enemy squad size mod because it made my rig lag and run like a plane on fire. Which in retrospect is a good thing cause with all the new enemy type mods I made it started to look like a warhammer skirmish game than xcom

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

To punish shooting and reward grenading everything.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Heresy

Heresy everywhere

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

So what I'm hearing is DoT damage with grenadiers and ammo? Assuming they take dot damage at the beginning of their turn they'll continuously take damage.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I'm waiting for modders to go whole hog on these units and design ruler units for all the enemy troops. Ruler Pectoid, Ruler Crysallid, Ruler Faceless, Ruler Advent Captains, Ruler Codex, Ruler Gatekeeper or Ruler Ruler MECs.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

InfinityComplex posted:

wouldn't that just be an ethereal

No, it would be pure anime.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

You now get a memorial wall dedicated to displaying the number of enemies you killed.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Nerf grenades and buff every enemy,
well gently caress.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

dyzzy posted:

Chryssalid brood mother: every action, spawns a chryssalid. Does nothing else.

Lobs crysallids like footballs.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Acid just blows poison bombs out of the wate, dot, best shred and ale damage make them pretty much the best bomb. The only ones thag come close for me is mines for raw damage and ice grenades for stuns.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Captain Gordon posted:

how did you deal with the 100hp/7armor sectopod

Spam combat protocal and lily's abilities, reserve grenades for that encounter to shred and have Sparks tank hits. By the time the other units come on you should be focusing on killing the boss or else you'll just get overwhelmed.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Lily lobotomized an ai and bound him to a machine to fight for xcom eternally and without question. that's some hardcore poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

MF_James posted:

I am probably a heathen, but I'd like an apoc remake, complete with real-time mode, feel free to burn me at the stake for my heresies.

Same here mate, I just want to enact my sociopathic CEO fantasies under the guise of exterminating alien goop.