Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Does steam actually ban for vpn poo poo or is it just something they frown on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Late game is too drat easy lol

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

GG

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Kinda mad theres no second wave... the game would benefit from the one that makes the game longer

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Zore posted:

There is one, its called Legendary difficulty.

Build times are 2x, but also enemies appear slower. Same mission density, much longer game.

oh cool

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Repeaters are still the gayest and most retarded thing to exist in xcom2

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Jane Kelly is my wife.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Sombrerotron posted:

SOLOMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

The repeater is the absolute gayest thing in this game and the only way to improve on this change is to straight up remove it

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Digirat posted:

Forget the doom clock, they just nerfed almost every grenade

Good.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

SlyFrog posted:

Wow people on Steam reviews really hate the Alien Hunters DLC. They also comparatively love Shen's Last Gift.

Is the first really so terrible, and the second so good?

(Trying to hold out for some type of discount in a sale, just curious.)

Alien Rulers looks really really bad.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Bogart posted:

That's a great way to get no MELD, though. From what I remember: use grenades to soften up Sectoids and other starting enemies, but don't finish them off with them or else risk losing Weapon Frags, expect every shot that you need to hit will miss and have contingencies to lock down baddies.

Just skip the Newfoundland mission when it pops up. It's not worth losing your squad.

Are you people serious? It's not that hard lol...

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

concealment is fine.

alien rulers and repeaters are not however

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

LW2 will be perfect for me at patch 1.5 when they finally tone down some of the geoscape mechanics.

I don't really have any problems with the tactical layer. Couple of the perks suck or have extremely situational benefits. Why would I ever want the officer's 4 damage resistance against explosions? The rare chance you don't manage to murk a grenadier?

Dongicus fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jan 26, 2017

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

You're right that's a good use for it but it's not very often that you have 4 soldiers all takin cover behind a car. I'd take the other perk anyday.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

I've met one but he got vaporized with shotgun fire. Do flashes stop them from rocketing you?

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Forgive me if this has already been answered, but do squads have any tactical benefit?

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

!!!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=851424388

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Game just ended because the avatar bar filled up and i finally was about to do lib 3 on one of the 4 regions i had

im bad at game

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Kingtheninja posted:

Are silencer mods worth looking at? I keep seeing them in the workshop, are they a thing in LW2?

Never tried any Long War, and am looking at testing it out.

The silencer mod for LW2 looks incredibly bad.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Metal over flesh for SPARKS, and the uninstall mod for Alien Rulers.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

LW2 is genuinely a few patches away from being really good.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

But Not Tonight posted:

Three times now, and I've disabled all mods until I can figure out what's causing this.

I'm sorry about your destroyed butthole.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Ugly In The Morning posted:

LW2 makes you have to build weapons individually? What made them think that was a good idea? Building them as a single project for everyone is one of the changes that I've seen pretty much unanimously praised.

I think it works well as a new fatigue system.

I'm sure there's a mod or ini edit for it.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Yeah I just did the ini edit, I feel damage spread on nades is a nerf enough.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

DARK EVENT: Advent assembles en masse to destroy XCOM'S Adderal supply centres.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Anyone know how I could change the pistols to being both weightless and mass producible?

I wanna try a campaign with them. Probably get some use of their awc perks.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Looking for a post don't read this

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Couldn't you add extra action points to the Alien Rulers make them seem less fake?

e: maybe nerf their mobility too because they could move all over the map

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Yeah but they're pretty rare.

Pavonis have started asking for their forum members to help with localisation. So hopefully they'll make some UI elements explaining obtuse poo poo.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

I'm confident LW2 will be good by patch 1.869

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Long War 2 will be good by patch 1.7

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

I always wanted PW/MGS5 style outer ops stuff you could send rebels on.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Sending out a dispatch mission to sabotage, say, like drone or mec production.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

1.3 is pretty cool so far. Lots of missions where I'm only just escaping.

Four man missions are so much more fun and intense than just one stealthing it.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

What's th3 pro strat now

Relying on Gotcha Again to save u time and time again

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

small squads of four-five rather than just having shinobis solo every guerilla op

oh and they made overwatch builds viable so theres that

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

the serial nerf was needed imo. Reaper tho has the inherent downside to it because 9 times out of 10 ur gonna pull another pod (esp now that pods are more dense)

flashbangs can now just straight up fail on some of the boss type enemies. for every good tweak there's two stupid ones to match it, mother-friggin' long war ftw.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

buh

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

It's definitely one of the map packs. I just consoled my dudes a tile over.

Man I gotta say, High Mobility sawn-off Rangers give me life. It's so satisfying being able to just straight up delete some snake rear end in a top hat off the map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Would disabling the easier dark event mod for lw2 revert the DE's back to normal?