Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Not sure I should admit this but I bought a 2nd SSD because of XCOM2. Couldn't decide which Steam game to move to the platter HD and just thought gently caress it...

I'm hyped.

Any news of a preload yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

DrManiac posted:

Let's start that faux kelly collection

That thin man is not the only one who is "tit"-illated :awesome:

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Nordick posted:

Apocalypse. The destructible envoronment hijinks in that game were something else.

Like, I had this mission in a water treatment plant or something, and a few aliens were holed up in this huge pipeline maze thing and just ganked anyone I sent in. So I figured I'd just blast open the part they were at and started shooting at the structure, and the entire loving eight-story mess of pipes promptly loving collapsed. After I sat there in stunned silence for a moment I got a pop-up saying "The remaining enemy units have fled the battlefield. You win."
The company that owned the plant wasn't too happy with me but they weren't anyone important so gently caress 'em.

That game was cool, levelling apartment blocks was a much better strategy that sending your dudes to check 100 individual flats. Sorry civvies but I aint got time for that poo poo.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
I cant wait for the huge titted naked dickgirl snake mods

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Sharzak posted:

How come people are so hyped for this? Is it purely based off of the last one? I liked the last one, only finished it once though. People are acting like this is going to be earth-shattering.

I enjoyed the last one a lot. Plus they've apparently fixed most of the things that bugged me (random maps, all your overwatch dudes don't fire at the first target). Plus great mod support for a sperg game will mean the game will have a long shelf life. Also I am sexually aroused by snakes with breasts.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
I'm going to force myself not to save scum, might even play Ironman

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

halwain posted:

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/reviews/xcom-2-review/ 7.5
The Ugly I missed a 95% shot? Seriously? :allears:

The reviewer is an admitted contard who prefers shooters. They should have given him battlecod and a pacifier to review instead

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

splifyphus posted:

Um. So GMG sent me two keys. The first one worked and added XCOM 2 Digital Deluxe to my library. The second key...instacrashes steam. What am I missing, what the hell is the second key for.

Same poo poo happened to me.

Wait steam starts back up and told me I had the resistance warrior pack, aka big fat idiot with no impulse control pack. I guess it was that?

Berious fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Feb 3, 2016

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

AlternateAccount posted:

Also, if it seems like it's crashing Steam to add the DLC key, just clicking WAIT FOR PROGRAM TO RESPOND worked for me, after waiting a bit for the program to respond.

Was it the resistance warrior pack?

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

AlternateAccount posted:

Yeah, ended up taking like 30 seconds of Steam being greyed out and looking like it was barfing. It recovered, though.

Cool, thanks for the info.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Playing my first ever ironman game. It's very hard to get over the losing a dude sulk but it makes every shot so tense.

Only performance issue I have is the audio is out of sync for every movie. Anyone know a fix?

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Space Skeleton posted:

The mod I was using the allow any weapons on my soldiers suddenly updated into a cheat mod allowing 5 upgrades on all weapons and of course you can't remove mods without bricking saves. It also seems to have broken the Salvo ability now.

The mod worked great til that rear end in a top hat started messing with it. :mad:

Speaking of which is there a way to stop the steam workshop auto updating mods? I had that guys mod and for a short while it broke games completely. He fixed it in a few hours but still it'd be nice to start a campaign and not have to worry about the mod creators going on a rampage.

Think I'm going to start over with a mod free game.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Yep every mission, in fact I go for percentages I'd never think of taking a shot at and still succeed.

Grab the folders from \steamapps\workshop\content\268500\ and throw them into \XcomGame\Mods\ and then rename them to match whatever the .XcomMod file is called.

Cool, thanks for the info!

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Just finished an Veteran run. Man what a game. About the ending Terror from the Deep remake teaser? :p

Definitely going to rush psi next time, really strong.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Broken Cog posted:

Scopes, the answer is scopes.

Yeah it took me ages to realize scope bonuses were additive. So a 50% shot with a 15% scope will be 75% not 57.5%

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Dee Ehm posted:

I find it really weird that enemy mind control is only a real threat in the very beginning of the game, and the very last mission (and the time one time you face that enemy early).

Where are the midgame psionic threats? Sectoid Commanders, or maybe even an Advent Psi Soldier? It seems backwards that one of the most threatening abilities in the game enemies can throw at you is basically only a factor at the start when you have no will defense and few tools to work around it.

Yeah I didn't fear sectoids at all. Half they time they'd just disorientate or raise a psi zombie which dies when you wreck them. Advent were usually scarier. Psi enemies should be a massive unfair pain in the rear end before you turn the tables with your own psi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Apoplexy posted:

Hahaha. Will it?

Pretend I said 65% :saddowns: