Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

TaurusOxford posted:

Pretty much. Shine and Mirage BMs also get some unique skills, where Shine takes 25% more dark damage but gets a 25% attack boost, and Mirage takes 25% more damage but boosts Int by 20%.

Ravemon BM gets even faster speed than Ulforceveedramon, and gets a bunch of buff/debuff moves, including texture blow.

And Chaosmon starts with 255 attack at level 1, and he's better than Omnimon in every way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Here are the stats and skills of the new mons

MirageGaogamon BM

Full Moon Meteor Impact
20 SP
Physical 120 Light damage to one foe. 30% chance of crit and of stun
Support skill Mirage Burst
Increases physical damage received by 25%, but also increases INT by 20%

Rosemon BM

Aguichant Lèvres
30 SP
Int-penetrating Light attack on one foe and absorbs 50% of the damage as HP.
Support skill Tifaret
Restores 5% max HP every turn, and increases HP received from absorption effects by 20%

ShineGreymon BM

Final Shining Burst
20 SP
Physical attack, 200 Fire damage to all foes. Decrease ATK by 10%
Support skill Shining Burst
Increases Dark damage received by 25%, but also increases ATK by 25%

Ravemon BM

Mourning Dance
20 SP
8 physical attacks, 20 Dark damage to one foe. Damage tends to fluctuate.
Support skill Crimson Formation
Increases damage from Wind and Electric skills by 10%

Darkdramon

Dark Roar
15 SP
Physical attack, 130 Dark damage to one foe. 90% accuracy, tends to crit often.
Support skill D-Brigade
Increases ACU and CRT by 10%

Chaosmon

Bantyo Blade
20 SP
Physical attack, 150 neutral damage to one foe. Damage tends to fluctuate.
Dark Prominence
30 SP
Int-penetrating Dark attack to one foe. 50% chance of Dot target.
Support skill Unstable Singularity
Increase damage given by 30%, but also damage received by 30%

Valkyrimon

Fenrir Sword - 15 SP
Physical attack, 130 Water damage to one foe. 15% chance of instantly killing target.

SS: Freyr
Increases damage from Wing and Light skills by 10%

These are Chaosmon stats at level 1

HP 500
SP 85
ATK 255
INT 50
DEF 50
SPD 130

And these, at level 99

HP 1670
SP 173
ATK 382
INT 128
DEF 138
SPD 247

Also, if Chaosmon is KO'd his model will go into Glitch mode and will remain like that until the end of the fight

A neat little detail.

kojicolnair
Mar 18, 2009
So far I've just been randomly digivolving into what seems cool and such, am I going to run into a wall at some point or can I just keep doing whatever. Really fun game, glad I decided to randomly buy it.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

kojicolnair posted:

So far I've just been randomly digivolving into what seems cool and such, am I going to run into a wall at some point or can I just keep doing whatever. Really fun game, glad I decided to randomly buy it.

The only wall you'll hit is if you ever want to Platinum it. 2 trophies are complete RNG bullshit that will make you hate the Veemon line more than Xros Wars did (seriously, most of the rear end in a top hat Digimon in that show come from Veemon )

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
As someone who loves this game and has 16 plats, gently caress getting Cyber Sleuth's Platinum. I refuse to collect 500 medals.

kojicolnair posted:

The only thing to keep in mind is keep a good balance of Vaccine, Data, and Virus types. I'm not sure how far you are in the game yet but assuming you have enough memory to take 6 Mons with you, try to have two of each type to avoid being in a type disadvantage in battles.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

TaurusOxford posted:

As someone who loves this game and has 16 plats, gently caress getting Cyber Sleuth's Platinum. I refuse to collect 500 medals.

Hah. I got all 300 medals from the gatcha machines. All I have left are 2 quest only medals and a Rosemon BM I can't be assed to get. Help.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
So, Chaosmon owns a lot. Like, A LOT. He might just be one of the best mons in the game.

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Gologle posted:

So, Chaosmon owns a lot. Like, A LOT. He might just be one of the best mons in the game.

It's like someone decided to answer the question "What if Omnimon was actually good?"

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Emong posted:

It's like someone decided to answer the question "What if Omnimon was actually good?"

Think if we can get enough signatures we can petition a buff for Omnimon? :v:

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
After getting Ravemon BM and maxing him I was really tempted to put him as UlforceVeedramon's replacement because his Speed stat is woah and he naturally (if you use the ~~~~canon~~~~~ Digivolution line) learns all the best support skills like Character Reversal, Speed Charge, and others. However, Ulforce is still better because his support skill absolutely guarantees that you go first in a fight, which against the superbosses and even some regular bosses and enemies makes a world of difference. I wonder how that works in multiplayer though if you have an enemy team that also has UlforceVeedramon?

Emong
May 31, 2011

Gologle posted:

I wonder how that works in multiplayer though if you have an enemy team that also has UlforceVeedramon?

It's just a coinflip then as far as I know.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
They aren't the Mega-Megas you guys are talking about, but after taking a savage beating from Bancholeomon, my team of HeraclesKabuterimon, Machinedramon, and Tigervespamon just flattened Dynasmon due to double type advantages.

Also my phone autocorrect is extremely upset with me.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

kojicolnair posted:

you can indeed keep doing whatever. the only annoying requirement to get for evolving is ABI, which you get every time you evolve or devolve from a high level. So if you hit a level plateau and levels stop coming quickly, think about just devolving the dude down and evolving him back up again. Also, farm training is super powerful because the stat increases stick around regardless of level, so don't be afraid to swap your cool main dudes into the farm for some training every once in a while. it'll make them stronger and also make it easier to reach stat requirements.

e: also hard mode sucks

corn in the bible fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Mar 10, 2016

kojicolnair
Mar 18, 2009
Yeah I've started trying to get some ABI for some of my guys, I kind of like it though as I find it interesting to digivolve them into a lot of different forms.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xPVxuai0wo

A little video showcasing the special preorder Agumon & Gabumon for Next Order

I have to say, I'm liking the digimon models a lot more than Cyber Sleuth's

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
so I've ended up going back in to do the DLC but I haven't started any of the missions yet because I'm spending all my time raising more Digimon. Especially the Knights. :shepicide:

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Can you continue playing after Chapter 20? The game is giving me a very obvious point of no return warning at the end of Chapter 19.

PBnJamo
Feb 11, 2014

Gologle posted:

After getting Ravemon BM and maxing him I was really tempted to put him as UlforceVeedramon's replacement because his Speed stat is woah and he naturally (if you use the ~~~~canon~~~~~ Digivolution line) learns all the best support skills like Character Reversal, Speed Charge, and others. However, Ulforce is still better because his support skill absolutely guarantees that you go first in a fight, which against the superbosses and even some regular bosses and enemies makes a world of difference. I wonder how that works in multiplayer though if you have an enemy team that also has UlforceVeedramon?

I'd guess they'd just counteract each other. My personal worst case scenario was two UlforceVeeddramon's and a MetalGarurumon team. From that setup he went twice in a row already, but the rear end in a top hat just buffed speed until he got 5 turns. When I left to go make a sandwich, he was still trying to kill my dudes after 15 minutes or so.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

*edit* i am dumb

Kurui Reiten fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Mar 11, 2016

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Kurui Reiten posted:

There isn't even a point of no return there. You will get about ten minutes into Chapter 20, and the game'll say "oh hey, don't worry, feel free to head back and do more sidequests and poo poo, no rush, here's a free teleport" and let you ask to be dropped back where you came in from.

Oh I know. I finished the story before the first DLC dropped. But I went in determined to do the DLC but all I've done is raise more Digimon.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

brainwrinkle posted:

Can you continue playing after Chapter 20? The game is giving me a very obvious point of no return warning at the end of Chapter 19.

There isn't even a point of no return there. You will get about ten minutes into Chapter 20, and the game'll say "oh hey, don't worry, feel free to head back and do more sidequests and poo poo, no rush, here's a free teleport" and let you ask to be dropped back where you came in from.

*Edit* mother fucker it grabbed the wrong quote earlier

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Is there even any way to beat UlforceVeedramon on hard? He gets 5 turns in a row, clears poison, and hits for 2k against type resistance. And he always goes first.

e: Youtube proves it is possible, but requires ridiculous preparation. I think I'll challenge these optional bosses on normal difficulty for my sanity.

brainwrinkle fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Mar 11, 2016

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

brainwrinkle posted:

Is there even any way to beat UlforceVeedramon on hard? He gets 5 turns in a row, clears poison, and hits for 2k against type resistance. And he always goes first.

e: Youtube proves it is possible, but requires ridiculous preparation. I think I'll challenge these optional bosses on normal difficulty for my sanity.

You made the right decision.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
If anyone else attempts it, my Youtube research has lead me to conclude the winning strategy is probably 3x (light?) element resist items. That brings his super move damage into the more reasonable range of ~700.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
With the exception of the USBs and when I was fighting some (two) of the optional superboss fights, I never bothered with items on my mons. Come to think of it, it might explain why I had some problems that I did. Anyway, gently caress the Master's Cup. The Lucemon fight is still the single hardest fight in the game, but the Master's Cup is close. Everything's okay until you get up to Rina, and then the game stops pretending to be fair. The worst part is the end boss of that is a joke compared to fighting the two before him. Although after fighting the penultimate guy, I'm tempted to run that team now...

EDIT: It's the MegaGargomon, Rosemon, and HiAndromon, a team I already have twiddling their thumbs in the bank or farm. Dianamon is also an option since I can make her if I want, but meh.

Gologle fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Mar 11, 2016

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
so this is the team I'm running for the DLC

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Wow, that part in the ending where the camera pans to your team was surprisingly touching. It's neat how your connection to your digimon is what allows you to be "reincarnated."

It's really obvious that a lot of care went into aspects of the plot and characters of this game. Despite some rough edges I really enjoyed it! The digimon teambuilding was a lot of fun too.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

brainwrinkle posted:

Wow, that part in the ending where the camera pans to your team was surprisingly touching. It's neat how your connection to your digimon is what allows you to be "reincarnated."

It's really obvious that a lot of care went into aspects of the plot and characters of this game. Despite some rough edges I really enjoyed it! The digimon teambuilding was a lot of fun too.

Yeah that was really cool. Mine took on a slightly different feel though, as my squad was WarGreymon, Seraphimon, and then various Satans. It look more like I was about to be eaten.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I accidentally still had Crusadermon in my party so when it panned to her I was like "oh God no."

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
How do I get chapter 15 to progress? The detective lady says to talk to Mirei, and Mirei just says "hey this will take a while, go back to the agency and do cases". I've done ten green cases now and nothing else shows up but x's property.

Emong
May 31, 2011

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

How do I get chapter 15 to progress? The detective lady says to talk to Mirei, and Mirei just says "hey this will take a while, go back to the agency and do cases". I've done ten green cases now and nothing else shows up but x's property.

You have to go to Galacta Park. There should be some dudes standing around that'll give you the case you need to do to progress.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
The place to go specifically (if you want to grind) is Odaiba in Chapter 15.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

If you devolve one of the dna-digivolutions I know you don't get both guys back but does it mean you need to raise another version of the missing one to evolve again?

If so that's pretty poo poo.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

If you devolve one of the dna-digivolutions I know you don't get both guys back but does it mean you need to raise another version of the missing one to evolve again?

If so that's pretty poo poo.

Remember that you don't need any stats on the other digimon except high cam so you can just force-feed a dude meat and get yourself a 100cam angewomon or something real easy

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
According to Neogaf Cyber Sleuth sold 64k units on the US.

Taking into account digital sales, the Vita versions and Europe, they should've been a success for Bamco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

According to Neogaf Cyber Sleuth sold 64k units on the US.

Taking into account digital sales, the Vita versions and Europe, they should've been a success for Bamco.

Yeah, it probably was. It's a shame digimon isn't nearly as big as it was, because this game is legitmately one of the best.

• Locked thread