Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Motto posted:

Anybody have any impression of the game, since it came out almost a year ago in Japan?
I imported it. It's pretty fun? My japanese is slapshod so I can't tell you how the story is, but there's a lot of fun to be had experimenting with all the digimon, digital monsters, digimon are the champions. As you can see from the OP, the list is pretty huge, and there's generally more differences between them than you'd get in, say, Pokemon, and the fact that you have a 3-mon battle party allows for more experimenting with party configuration.

Combat itself isn't super complex, though, it's pretty standard RPG. It's not bad in any way, but the draw is definitely messing with which mons you're using and how they progress as you level them up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im going to digikiss all the digigirls

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lets hang out posted:

is this game worth playing if you don't come to it with a ton of digimon nostalgia? i caught like 2 episodes on tv once but i think rpgs are cool
it's fun if you like experimenting with party set-ups and watching things change into different things

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Rasamune posted:

Actually now that I think of it TK's always getting the shaft. Wasn't his mon the first one to die, ever?
and it was always the last to digivolve

of course the idea there was that when it did digivolve it kicked all tons of rear end

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Abu Dave posted:

is this game actually good

yes

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Wendell posted:

Does it have the terrible raising mechanics where your monster has to poo in a toilet every five seconds, and die forever every twenty seconds?
no. it has none of those mechanics. it's a much more straightforward RPG.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the only similarity between this game and digimon world is 'digimon' and 'sometimes you have to fulfill weird requirements for certain digivolutions'

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Ah, that's cool to know! Thanks for the info.

a character from dusk is even in it iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

this game isn't marketed at kids at all, yeah. maybe teens will play it because it's got anime babes and a video game theme like sword art online, but it's aimed at people with nostalgia for digimon, not kids. They aren't trying to compete with Pokemon.

• Locked thread