Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Sounds more like not the right amount of refrigerant although I am not an a/c expert. Get it leak tested, vacuumed, and re-filled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

PaintVagrant posted:

Also debating on what wheels I will eventually go with. Options I like:

Rota Grids:

I like how those are the legitimate wheels the rotas are a copy of.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

Because suspension links generally don't rotate in a single plane of motion so it would cause binding. Best option is a spherical bearing with a boot sealing it.

I have a lot of poly and it doesn't make any noise because a lot of them are graphite-impregnated self-lubricating deals. The swaybar bushings do need occasional re-greasing.

jamal fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Mar 16, 2016

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah was talking about the tic lateral link and trailing link bushings. Cusco makes quite a few that go in stock links, and then spc has a few in what they decided were standard sizes.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

Seat Safety Switch posted:

It's really hard to find good stainless options for coilovers. Even a lot of stainless bodied coilovers still have mild steel collars.

It's the classic kind of Canada problem: Apple engineers make a phone without an under heat warning, Google engineers make a self driving car that shuts off in the snow, Chinese coilover manufacturers use old pot metal mined in a death camp.

Some guys in the Subaru club here have neoprene sleeves they put over the collar and zip tie tight over the winter. I would assume fluid film might also help.

KW are stainless with composite collars. And are good.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

Right, ST coilovers and whatever else they are rebranded as (vogtland?) are made of galvanized steel. V1s are the same damper and spring but stainless.

The older kw competition 2-ways are steel as well, I think because it is a bit stronger. Or just to spend money on internals instead of the housings.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

Sounds like you need a bigger cheater bar.

I've broken the end off a snap on breaker bar before. And then the cheap one got the bolt loose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

For me it really depends on the size/offset. The high offset ones do not look nearly as good

Good:

Not as good:

• Locked thread