Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Id rather they both get a million claw hammers dropped on them

A post worth quoting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Id rather they both get a million claw hammers dropped on them

Same

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
I'd rather they both be quietly fired and had their hard cards revoked, seeing as how they desire attention so much.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Waltrip should move to F1.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

How about a compromise and both Waltrips become the full time broadcast team for Formula E?

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
How about we fire the Waltrips into an industrial woodchipper with a trebuchet?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

VikingSkull posted:

That is less horrifying than Formula E but then again this is the Waltrips.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

VikingSkull posted:

what is it with you and bizarre driver deaths

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I like the Waltrips.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

exploded mummy posted:

Kind of his thing

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

His thing is bizarre driver deaths, not creative yet wholly justified driver deaths.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

exploded mummy posted:

"Totally Normal"

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
"Whoa whoa guys like I hate the Waltrips but describing a Warner Bros. style fate for them might just be a bridge too far"

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
"The best part of waking up is a Waltrip in your cup"

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

exploded mummy posted:

"The best part of waking up is a Waltrip in your cup"

Preferable to waking up to one locked in his house for three days while an upside down SUV smolders down the street.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

That is less horrifying than Formula E but then again this is the Waltrips.

A drunken bender spout on a Formula E (race) would be interesting.

Let him lose on the 24 of Le Mans.

Hell pair him up with Kevin Harlan to do the Superbowl.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

Colostomy Bag posted:

A drunken bender spout on a Formula E (race) would be interesting.

Let him lose on the 24 of Le Mans.

Hell pair him up with Kevin Harlan to do the Superbowl.

Just make a scream team set of announcers for any sport with either Waltrip, Joe Buck, and Cris Collinsworth.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
"Posts hundreds of times in Shmorky thread

Has meltdown, quits forums

Comes back and posts 79 times in 12 hours

Totally normal."

I worry sometimes.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Well, most of them were poo poo post jokes, as one does in GBS, I didn't really melt down I just joined in a GBS shitposting riot, I didn't quit, I got banned, I wouldn't have come back had EB not bought this account and like most of those 79 posts were either talking about the new NASCAR rules or catching up on other threads while I rode out a Nor'Easter, but besides that yeah you guys know I'm an idiot.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

https://twitter.com/HutStricklin7/status/825163564059131904

Still so bitter from having that Southern 500 win within his grasp and snatched by Gordon. But he has other problems to deal with.

https://twitter.com/jordan10taylor/status/825160339532689409

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

This.....This is not flattering:

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Boomer The Cannon posted:

This.....This is not flattering:

Equally as unflattering
https://twitter.com/TheOrangeCone/status/825831833501827075

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Jeff Gordon says NASCAR was considering excluding the Daytona 500 from the new system before deciding in the interest of consistency that it also be broken into three segments.

SwampYankee
Mar 7, 2007

By the grace of God and 600 horsepower

CBJSprague24 posted:

Jeff Gordon says NASCAR was considering excluding the Daytona 500 from the new system before deciding in the interest of consistency that it also be broken into three segments.

They should have kept the Daytona 500, Spring Talladega, the Coke 600, and the Southern 500 as is without segments and awarded more chase points to the winners, with an added bonus if a driver wins all 4, Winston Million style. They can market them as honoring NASCAR's heritage and call them the "Crown Jewel" series. What harm is another gimmick thrown into the mix gonna do?

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

At Phoenix, the finish line is over HERE, but in late 2018. . .
https://twitter.com/A_S12/status/826066279270334464

SwampYankee posted:

They should have kept the Daytona 500, Spring Talladega, the Coke 600, and the Southern 500 as is without segments and awarded more chase points to the winners, with an added bonus if a driver wins all 4, Winston Million style. They can market them as honoring NASCAR's heritage and call them the "Crown Jewel" series. What harm is another gimmick thrown into the mix gonna do?

That - actually makes a lot of sense. Which is why NASCAR didn't do it.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

SwampYankee posted:

Make it double points in the top 10 and I'm on board with this.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

LASTCAR posted:

At Phoenix, the finish line is over HERE, but in late 2018. . .
https://twitter.com/A_S12/status/826066279270334464

That - actually makes a lot of sense. Which is why NASCAR didn't do it.

I wonder if the dogleg will be uncutable now with the pits there now

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

dentist toy box posted:

I wonder if the dogleg will be uncutable now with the pits there now
https://twitter.com/A_S12/status/826098710790733824

They're encoruaging it.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
Looks like it will still be cuttable, though I can see some really stupid/dangerous crashes having some potential.

They should put the line after the dogleg though if they want to encourage it for finishes.

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

Late race restarts are gonna be loving hilarious. Someone's gonna cut the dogleg to make a move on the restart and nobody's going to let them back up before turn 1.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Is there any reason at all to do this beyond "reasons" or "because changes are exciting!"?

Make the apron a slick pad or at least paint the lines so guys will spin if they hit them wrong like in the 24 yesterday.

e- What the hell is with the S/F line? Whoever's second is barely going to have time to get on the gas to get a run and make a pass coming to the line if it's tight. :psyduck:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jan 31, 2017

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

they think escalators will bring fat gently caress NASCAR fans back to the track

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Can we have :ccp: only for Nascar?

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Junyur being woke af

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

dentist toy box posted:

Junyur being woke af

when he scrambles his egg again he's gonna let a refugee drive his car

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

dentist toy box posted:

Junyur being woke af

This makes up for all the times I have been accused of just jumping on the Dale Jr. bandwagon. Dude is great.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Junyer is a cool guy.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

dentist toy box posted:

Junyur being woke af

Please don't use that word.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boomer The Cannon