Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
But NASCAR secretly loves cars going into the fence. And so do I. They won't do anything until someone literally dies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Tony getting an early start on that retirement!

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Yeah but Kyle Busch wins races. Tony Stewart has a good day when he finishes one spot ahead of Danica.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Based on all the positive reception to the Caution Clock, we're putting it in the Cup Series!

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
I've been doing that for years. It's more entertaining. You can't be legitimately entertained by the racing because there is none. The slow self-destruction of the sport into a fiery wreck (cars and business alike) is so much fun to watch.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Hey guys, check out these high-tech digital gauges. Bet you haven't seen anything like that before.

Except in every racing series around the globe.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
So is Chase winning the pole tomorrow basically set in stone? I mean, it's the perfect NASCAR headline. It happens every goddamn year.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
gently caress that NASCAR nonsense.

It's almost time for lolarca.

Edit: If you aren't rooting for John Wes, you're a commie.

L_Harrison fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Feb 13, 2016

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
ARCA is still entertaining because the drivers are awful and a moment away from turning right into the fence given the right circumstances. Until then, it's fun anticipation, even if it's blue balls in the end.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Yes, I like edging. Edging is good. It makes the wreck even better (if it happens).

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
So who's still excited for NASCAR?

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Less than 2 hours now until the Cinderella story Chase Elliott pole.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
But who gets it next year? We must preserve this guess for 365 more days. I say it's Tony Stewart, because he's retired from full-season racing but obviously driving at Daytona to get that elusive 500 win. It might be his last appearance, and it's the perfect headline story, especially after missing the 2016 Great American Race.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Yeah I didn't say he'd be in the 14. I fully expect him to show up though, in one of his own cars with a different number.

Edit: Then that'd be a 5 car team. Eh, who the hell knows.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
That car that nobody ever bought. I'm surprised they haven't changed the body yet to a different, more popular model.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Both cars should be black-flagged according to the rules.

Oh wait this is NASCAR, where the rules are made up and the points don't matter.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

anotherblownsave posted:

Missed the whole drat race and we get a close finish :negative:

Good. You missed nothing.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
They joke, but Samsung will be the title sponsor next year. You watch.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
NASCAR's bad 99% of the time. Don't start watching it again.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Yeah you're a monster if you don't like #jolo.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
So there's only 39 cars entered for the Atlanta Cup race. That's got to be the lowest field at a speedway in .... a while (I'm sure LASTCAR can look it up so we don't have to).

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
no it's just NASCAR.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
I enjoy seeing KBM trucks get destroyed each week. 2016 delivers.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

theacox posted:

Clint Bowyer is apparently insane. They just had a weird "holeshot challenge" on dirtbikes on FS1 at the Motocross event. He won and crashed straight on into the barrier, beating Stenhouse, Biffle, and Ty Dillon. I can't imagine the team is real happy about that one.

That's his only chance to win anything these days.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
I thought I was reading satire, all the way until the photos.

Well, I guess we shouldn't be surprised. NASCAR turning right, just like Dale.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Mr. Trump grins at the crowd, a total packed house. With a firm grim on Ryan Newman's shoulder, he leans over and whispers into his ear, "I'll blow this moon landing business wide open. It's gonna be huge, I tell you. The public will know the truth once and for all."

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
They will when NASCAR is no more in the next ~10 years.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
I wonder how the people involved with the NASCAR Mexico series feel about this. There might be some interesting repercussions from this.

(oh who am I kidding, nothing will happen)

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

Donald Drumpf posted:

If the people that like and watch NASCAR vote for Donald Trump, they can cancel the election right now -- nobody can win

Someone should show him the TV ratings before making claims like that.

Edit: And Mike Joy weighed in on Twitter.

Mike Joy posted:

No we won’t be discussing this gaffe on @FOXSports on Sunday. Off limits topics include Race/ Religion/ Sex/ Politics.

Good to see this move is receiving negative feedback almost everywhere online. My dream of NASCAR crumbling to the ground is still in effect. :getin:

L_Harrison fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Mar 1, 2016

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Another bad race overshadowed by a good finish. NASCAR is good at those. There's no point in even watching the first 90% of the race.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
If there's something you shouldn't say in person, it's probably going on Twitter. Kyle Busch is apparently trashing a few random people lol.

Basically Twitter is a cesspool of dumb poo poo because everyone has a voice on there, or believes they do.

L_Harrison fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Mar 21, 2016

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
I don't think that trend is going to change. Kids just don't give a poo poo about auto racing anymore, whether watching it or being involved with it. NASCAR has the oldest viewing audience of any major American sport. Plus, average drivers with money/sponsors will get in quicker than great drivers with no sponsors. Elliott and Blaney already had family involved with big-time auto racing too. Many of the names in the early 2000s were completely new to it. There's just no fresh interest these days, except maybe Larson and Eric Jones, who will inevitably make Cup I imagine.

L_Harrison fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Mar 21, 2016

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

This guy won:

He's lucky he found that one happy fan leaving the track.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Who the hell wants to watch Xfinity races anyway, even if they do have heat races?

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
You can't even hear the announcer at Bristol anyway. And yes I hope that thing comes crashing down (during the race, caused by unforeseeable vibrations caused by the cars going around the track or something).

mearn posted:

The sound systems are gonna be obsolete when NASCAR goes electric by 2025 anyway.

NASCAR will push off electric powerplants as long as possible, because the majority of the audience(ie the southern folk) wants to hear the vroom vrooms. Electric cars are hippy/Obama/liberal poo poo.

L_Harrison fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Apr 16, 2016

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
So what was the point of the heat races again?

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
That's seriously cooler than any driver's win this year.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

spring Bristol race

when the August one draws 3's this one will be in the 1's

It's been around 3 for a while (on major networks). Last year's Bristol night race was 2.1 (NBCSN).

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Austin Dillon already tried to claim that honor by being the second driver of the #3 to die at Daytona. But he somehow lived.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Goddammit Dale Jr, stop making me like you.

• Locked thread