Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 18 days!)

:siren:gently caress NASCAR.:siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

kidcoelacanth posted:

The cup field has three less backmarkers, guess American racing is basically doomed

Wow someone who works for NASCAR thinks NASCAR made a good decision, stop the loving presses.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

CBJSprague24 posted:

...while here's what Mike Hillman said (I haven't heard it because the internet where I am sucks right now):

He's not very happy. He was really optimistic about his team's future with Cassill, had sponsors, was running better. Now team has "no value". Guy asks him if a team can make it without a charter and he said no.

It wasn't like a "loving gently caress YOU NASCAR :argh:" kind of thing it was more "I've wasted my time and money".

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

- Thirty-six Charter teams will be assigned a starting position and four Open teams are eligible for starting positions.
- Qualifying results will determine the Open team starting positions assuming the event is run as scheduled
- If qualifying is canceled due to weather, the combined practice speeds determine the four Open teams
- If practice and qualifying are canceled due to weather, Owner points determine the four Open teams (events 1-3 revert to 2015 Owner points)

??????

Peanut President fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Feb 11, 2016

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

VikingSkull posted:

or they could start 24 like the Outlaws or any other arbitrary number

They should just start 100 entries and make teams share a pit stall like endurance racing

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

NO! NO! ANYTHING BUT...

ROLLING START 2016 Episode 1 "Brian France Love Triangle"!!

Where CBJSprague24, Kid Coelacanth, Peanut President, and Ayn Rand Hand Job talk about Indycar, Donald Trump's Yooooge penis, Indycar, and Tom Brady!!

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

No, see, that's okay because

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Cole Whitt finished 17th in his race Gillilland finished 12th in his and neither qualified for the 500 :bravo:

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

VikingSkull posted:

if you're the slowest car, and two cars are faster and you don't beat them, you kinda shouldn't be in the race IMO

the guys going home this year are the slowest cars from this year, so gently caress em

Please note that both guys finished mid-pack and so therefore were not the slowest cars. I know you're a Paul Menard fan but he should've been sent home.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

CBJSprague24 posted:

GIF THAT SAD MAN.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Brad K is a bad driver with a lovely attitude problem who wrecks people and then has his dad go on national tv and say he (the dad) is gonna whip a driver's rear end.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

FuzzySkinner posted:

F1 sucks don't talk about it in the SASCAR thread.

Honestly I'd love to see Ford invest back into IndyCar again.

[Falls out of chair, rolls out of thread.]

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

NASCAR CUP SERIES SUPER SPEEDWAY race. Daytona Beach =/= Daytona International.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Probably have to go back to the 90s before NASCAR mandated 43 pit stalls at every track.
edit: entered, not started, nm

VikingSkull posted:

#1 that's Cup

#2 Daytona Beach is long enough to qualify as a superspeedway

#3 they ran Darlington in 1950 which took balls no one in this thread have

Like you can argue they're good drivers or cool or whatever but the criteria was cup superspeedway race which none of them ran. Hell one of them had gave it up before Daytona Speedway was even built.

Peanut President fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Feb 26, 2016

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

LASTCAR posted:

Sunday's race owned. With the slipping and sliding combined with the old FOX music, I thought for a second I was back in 2004 watching a race at Rockingham. All it needed was more starters.

Plus, this ended up the stat of the day:

It should be in %'s because 312 laps at Atlanta is definitely harder to pull off than 401 at Martinsville.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

One more and I get "bad posts in the nascar thread" bingo!

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

This pretty much proves any talk of diversity is bullshit, right? "We want mexican drivers but let me tell you about those job-stealing rapists coming across our border"

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

I mean it always was mostly bullshit but now it's exceedingly obvious.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

VikingSkull posted:

Here's a NY Times article when the project first started.

I dunno if it would've killed off the Glen, that's 5 hours from here. Would've hurt Pocono possibly, but if it was built prior to 2000 like they wanted you'd likely see it as the last race of the year and as big as the Daytona 500.

:laffo: to everything you just said.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

VikingSkull posted:

45 minutes from NYC with direct rail access bro, it was gonna be a crazy facility

[looks at all the failed LA tracks, nods]

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

"Last race of the year" in New York, in November. mhmm mhmm
"as big as Daytona 500" again, in new york, in november. mhmm mhmm
"the huge racing fanbase in New York" [looks at attendance at the Brickyard] mhmm mhmm

This is some subpar trolling by you, my friend.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Viking there are all of maybe 50,000 nascar fans north of the mason-dixon. New York probably has ~10,000 of them.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

CBJSprague24 posted:

Ah yes, TRAC.

I think you're right about preventing a split. What other stock car series are even out there which would be comparable aside from ARCA or whatever ASA's top class is now?

ASA is dead.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

daslog posted:

I can't think of a better way to attract a new title sponsor than to have the head of NASCAR endorse a bigot for president.

Northrop Grumman Cup Series

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Please stop talking about your really dumb political opinions in this already terrible thread, I beg you.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

"He has taken substantial or controlling positions in various corporations including RJR Nabisco, TWA, Texaco, Phillips Petroleum, Western Union, Gulf & Western, Viacom, Uniroyal, Dan River, Marshall Field's, E-II (Culligan and Samsonite), American Can, USX, Marvel Comics, Revlon, Imclone, Federal-Mogul, Fairmont Hotels, Blockbuster, Kerr-McGee, Time Warner, Netflix, Motorola, and Herbalife."

yeah sounds about as smart as ol France.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Please fire brad keselowski into the loving sun already.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

VikingSkull posted:

whatever distaste I had in my mouth for hearing celebrities talk about politics, it's more than made up for by watching morons twist in the wind about it

Wow, guy who bitches about "those loving liberals" supports trump, shocker.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

VikingSkull posted:

it's almost as if Elliot Sadler isn't good

Please don't sign your posts.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Also please stop having a meltdown, it's not good for your heart.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

I didn't watch the race because gently caress Donald Trump and gently caress every single nascar driver for not walking out.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

VikingSkull posted:

I watched because what the gently caress do I care what a bunch of glorified stuntmen think about politics

That's fine.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Why?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

VikingSkull posted:

because it was clarifying an existing law and they somehow made an entire industry assume they were writing a new one

like, they tried to do something and the complete opposite happened

Is that the legislation's fault or the fault of dumbass tinfoil wearing jerkoffs who think the GUBMINT is coming for their guns hood scoops?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

I find that very hard to believe. That sounds like a facebook post.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

It doesn't really say what you said, "the epa didn't know cars polluted" but it's a neat story so whatever.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Alain Post posted:

why would harvick leave SHR

Allegedly because he's a big loving idiot who's tribal about manufacturers and doesn't want to run a Ford. A Brand-Slut as they're known.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

LordPants posted:

K&N East isn't broadcast live anywhere is it? I wanna see Bowman Gray

Last year it was tape delayed on NBC sports. LP put up the Bowman Gray race on his youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT4V8Ua7gTA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

FuzzySkinner posted:

I always felt it'd be best for NASCAR to buy up the complete rights to whatever is left of the Trans Am Series, merge it with XFS, and then have said series just run road courses.

Camaros, Chargers, Mustangs and perhaps something from Subaru/Toyota running at places like Mid Ohio would be awesome. Hell you can even use it as an excuse to open the sport up to new "foriegn" manufacturers.

So Grand-Am.

• Locked thread