Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

In as "I Stole Johnathan Cohen's Car"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

David Ragan's gonna waste another competitive ride by being the only person available.

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

BMB5150 posted:

What's not to say they make and prep a car for Smoke and just slap a 15 and HScott Motorsports sticker on it.

The wording of the four-car team rule prevents this. If a driver races for one team and has an ownership stake in another, both teams count towards the limit.

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

Brian France donated $2,700 to Carly Fiorina, $2,700 to Jeb Bush and $50,000 to a Jeb Bush SuperPAC earlier this month. Everything else he touches has turned to poo poo so maybe he can turn the Trump train around too.

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

Chase Elliott was invited by NASCAR to fly on a NASCAR plane to be at a campaign event for someone NASCAR totally isn't endorsing! Also, Brian France isn't sure what some of Trump's policies are but dammit he's gonna support him because :supaburn:ELECTRICITY:supaburn:
https://t.co/xsEkhrewX5

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

The yellow was already out when he turned away from pit road, the Fox graphics were behind.

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

The sound systems are gonna be obsolete when NASCAR goes electric by 2025 anyway.

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

I'm not sure even Robby Gordon could get fined as quickly as Tony did.

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

If anything it needs to be more ridiculous.

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

Of course people know who Dale Jr's dad is, he's driving the number 88 that his father made famous.

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

Apparently one lug nut had no threads so it looked like there were five nuts on the wheel but one was just glued there.

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

Elitist Bitch posted:

Anyone been to a Whelen Modified Series race? My local track (Meridian Speedway) has one in July. I figure for $10.50 a person it can't be too bad of a time.

I went to the circus of a race on the Daytona backstretch a couple years ago. It was bullshit but I have to imagine it would have been great on a real track.

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

I thought about going but gently caress Daytona's prices.

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

What are the odds that Big Cart I met its demise in a rollover?

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

leica posted:

Anybody here been to Daytona since the renovations? I usually go infield, but since I have some extra cash those new renovated grandstands look worth it to me. Looks a hell of a lot better for rain, much more space to hang and wait it out under the stands now. If anybody has been I'd love to hear how it was.

Last year's rain delay was definitely roomier than previous ones. Plenty of space under the stands. Wider seats and cup holders are a nice plus. You don't feel crammed in like the old stands. Biggest downside of the new stands imo is the bathrooms. Bring back the troughs so I can get in and out asap none of these drat urinals. Just sit far enough up that you're out of the splash zone at the finish.

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

Found some good info on NASCAR in this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSGr_q_IEAI

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

Big rivalry heating up between Jimmie Johnson and Regan Smith apparently:
http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/blogs/inside-groove/2016/10/14/jimmie-johnson-regan-smith-a-rivalry-is-born.html

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

My dumb idea: make all the Xfinity races that draw less than 10,000 people anyway and make them part of a Sunday doubleheader. Hold the Cup drivers meeting before the Xfinity race is over so anyone wanting to run both will lose their starting position in the Cup race.

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

Buescher to the 16, Biffle to JTG, Ryan Reed to Front Row?

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

Everyone left has wins, I really don't think there's a good comedy option this year.

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

Josh Williams is doing a heck of a job in ARCA. I think he could do something with a decent opportunity.

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

That guy came to Jeff Gluck's Daytona tweetup last year and complained about the direction of the sport so much that it makes us look like die-hard Brian France supporters by comparison. Then he left because nobody had an extra pit pass for him. He had some good rants about NASCAR's media bias (NASCAR won't give him media credentials because he's too honest or something).

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

Darrell dead would probably do more for ratings than Dale tbh

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

https://twitter.com/gbiffle/status/805522541506752512

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

I hope they let Frank Kimmel run his ARCA car

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

Looking forward to the new tournament bracket-style playoffs with drivers being matched up head to head each week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

Late race restarts are gonna be loving hilarious. Someone's gonna cut the dogleg to make a move on the restart and nobody's going to let them back up before turn 1.

• Locked thread