Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ICR
Dec 31, 2008

KoldPT posted:

Hello friends

Is there anything extremely cool and new to do since I stopped playing? I think it was the last time cake slices were dropping / they gave out a free hero.

Too god drat much is new and I don't think anybody here can answer that.

You're gonna have to log in. Sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Saint Freak posted:

9999999 credits cap what a time to be alive. Also a bunch of other changes I didn't bother to read.

Yeah, I get to take 14 chests out of my stash, reducing my stack to around 150.

HandsomeBen
Nov 23, 2006

There is no greater calling than to serve your fellow men. There is no greater contribution than to help the weak. There is no greater satisfaction than to have done it well
Totally forgot mental doom was a thing. Think I may go that route though mental cable is tempting. I'll have time to decide while I'm getting Deadpool to red.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Too god drat much is new and I don't think anybody here can answer that.

I did! I got a carol outfit and everything. More asking if there's anything that's I should go out of my way to check out, i got the gist of the changes from browsing around a bit.

HandsomeBen
Nov 23, 2006

There is no greater calling than to serve your fellow men. There is no greater contribution than to help the weak. There is no greater satisfaction than to have done it well
Holy poo poo Deadpool's specs unlock at level 14. Gaz finally learned!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

HandsomeBen posted:

Holy poo poo Deadpool's specs unlock at level 14. Gaz finally learned!

He is such an excellent review.

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

We missed our thread title moment right here

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

May get an emergency patch all. Be prepared just in case.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
what's the deadpool build

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

KoldPT posted:

I did! I got a carol outfit and everything. More asking if there's anything that's I should go out of my way to check out, i got the gist of the changes from browsing around a bit.

Main things to look for are the new ones they just added... Chapter 10 and the new patrol zone (like midtown and industry city) where you can tool around fighting random bosses. Check for any characters and costumes you like. The free Carol costume is because they changed her to Captain Marvel and gave her the current costume, so they can make room for adding the new Ms Marvel eventually.

Danger Room should be new for sure so give that a shot. You get a bunch of missions from the tutorial to try out, and can join groups doing the harder difficulties for loot.

If you left during the first cake event there's a ton more new than if you left during the second one, but the things previously mentioned should keep you busy until you learn your way around.

Finally, if you want a challenge and never got into cosmic midtown, take a max level character into midtown and enter the portal on the far right side of the map. You've got a few minutes to kill a bunch of enemies and a couple bosses without dying. Depending on your character, gear, omegas and skill this can be difficult. Beating it flags that character only for Cosmic Midtown and Cosmic ICP, which should have the best quality and quantity of loot. Or did they nerf that? I haven't played since December.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

im very excited for deadpool review and also potentially maybe I won't have to carry 100 fucken types of particles now. this is Very Good.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Dammit, I just spent $20 of the $70 that has to last me until Thursday to buy Magik and Iron Fist just leaving me short Black Nun, under no circumstances will you ever see this cleavage, shitlords. I swear I'll only use splinters on new heroes from now on. I was only #5 on the leaderboard and will drop some when #1 sun god deigns to log in.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Lozareth posted:

Dammit, I just spent $20 of the $70 that has to last me until Thursday to buy Magik and Iron Fist just leaving me short Black Nun, under no circumstances will you ever see this cleavage, shitlords. I swear I'll only use splinters on new heroes from now on. I was only #5 on the leaderboard and will drop some when #1 sun god deigns to log in.

this post makes me sad

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I gotta admit, black cats new stume creeps me out. Eye titties are wild.

And my favorite stume shall now be Lucas P Cage: Skrull Edish.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Lozareth posted:

:(

if you dont feed gaz who will?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Drythe posted:

:(

if you dont feed gaz who will?

I will. I'm riding the cosmic wave baby.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I gotta admit, black cats new stume creeps me out. Eye titties are wild.

And my favorite stume shall now be Lucas P Cage: Skrull Edish.

Eyespots may be a form of mimicry in which a spot on the body of an animal resembles an eye of a different animal to deceive potential predator or prey species; to draw a predator's attention away from the most vulnerable body parts; or to appear as an inedible or even dangerous animal.[1] In larger animals, eyespots may play a role in intraspecies communication or courtship – the most well-known example is probably the eyespots on a peacock's display feathers.

So see it's an evolutionary trait so that you're always making eye contact with her.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

bagrada posted:

Main things to look for are the new ones they just added... Chapter 10 and the new patrol zone (like midtown and industry city) where you can tool around fighting random bosses. Check for any characters and costumes you like. The free Carol costume is because they changed her to Captain Marvel and gave her the current costume, so they can make room for adding the new Ms Marvel eventually.

Danger Room should be new for sure so give that a shot. You get a bunch of missions from the tutorial to try out, and can join groups doing the harder difficulties for loot.

If you left during the first cake event there's a ton more new than if you left during the second one, but the things previously mentioned should keep you busy until you learn your way around.

Finally, if you want a challenge and never got into cosmic midtown, take a max level character into midtown and enter the portal on the far right side of the map. You've got a few minutes to kill a bunch of enemies and a couple bosses without dying. Depending on your character, gear, omegas and skill this can be difficult. Beating it flags that character only for Cosmic Midtown and Cosmic ICP, which should have the best quality and quantity of loot. Or did they nerf that? I haven't played since December.

Yeah I left around the time ICR cosmic'd all his heroes iirc, so I did try cosmic midtown. I'll check out the Danger Room, thanks.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Want to know how many people are logging in today? Go to the leaderboards. It updates as people log. Was at 5,100 about 30 minutes ago.

Steam has 3,000 currently logged in.

Very interesting to see about 2,100 of 5,000 are using the standalone client.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Saint Freak posted:

Eyespots may be a form of mimicry in which a spot on the body of an animal resembles an eye of a different animal to deceive potential predator or prey species; to draw a predator's attention away from the most vulnerable body parts; or to appear as an inedible or even dangerous animal.[1] In larger animals, eyespots may play a role in intraspecies communication or courtship – the most well-known example is probably the eyespots on a peacock's display feathers.

So see it's an evolutionary trait so that you're always making eye contact with her.

okay but why do her tits have lazy eye?

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
achievement panel not working for me.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Why is there no deadpool build yet? how am i supposed to play if no one tells me what buttons to push?

ransome
Dec 27, 2012

Cosmic, Baby!

malhavok posted:

Why is there no deadpool build yet? how am i supposed to play if no one tells me what buttons to push?

ranged:

choose one to max for filler skill: bang bang, not so minigun

bang bang is better when you are stacking awesome

other points: max defensive passive, or canadian devil, or shoot the bullets, or cutting room floor

aoe spec:

same thing, but max canadian devil. rest of points same as above (could take slam jam instead of devil i guess)

melee:

choose flesh wound or sai, take his other stuff in the tree, max passives and sig

push buttons hurt enemies

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

malhavok posted:

my build 2 range + 2 mov + 2 melee + 4 area and + 2 dot
Stable damage to any stand PU or GM or Corps
on the test server, the assembly gave 30-32 sec TTK or 5m

why I take the Apocalypse ?
because
5 strange = 20% base damage
5 fighting = 15% base damage and 5% br and 15% bdr
5 speed = 20% base (dot mov) and 5% as + dodge and deflect 10% (good ttl)
5 Durability = TTL up
5 intellegece = cdr+cr
5 enegry = TTL up

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

my build 2 range + 2 mov + 2 melee + 4 area and + 2 dot
Stable damage to any stand PU or GM or Corps
on the test server, the assembly gave 30-32 sec TTK or 5m

why I take the Apocalypse ?
because
5 strange = 20% base damage
5 fighting = 15% base damage and 5% br and 15% bdr
5 speed = 20% base (dot mov) and 5% as + dodge and deflect 10% (good ttl)
5 Durability = TTL up
5 intellegece = cdr+cr
5 enegry = TTL up

Rofl I swear he is adorable. He does great assemblies.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Marvel Heroes 2015:Marvel Heroes :: Marvel Heroes 2016:Marvel Heroes 2015 ??

aka should I bother

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Rip

http://marvelheroes.info/item/2147.jpg

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
like icarus, we flew too close to a giant flaming retard in the sky and paid dearly for it

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
also, since we are all friends here, I would like you to do me a favor

assume, for one shining moment, that Asros is telling the truth: there is an item budget, and not just one idiot making up grotesquely stupid items with no oversight

assume that you believe this

now close your eyes

picture the item budget

visualize it in your mind

map its shape, its form, its substance with your thoughts

attempt to fathom the non-euclidean contours of its geometry that would allow both of versions of the Skrull Military Uniform to exist within the defined bounds of the item budget

do you see it yet, my brothers? do you see the crawling madness that comes to destroy us all?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I like to think there's an item budget but it's just weighted terribly like they have 1 dr equivalent to 1bdr because it's all just damage right?

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

Soothing Vapors posted:

also, since we are all friends here, I would like you to do me a favor

assume, for one shining moment, that Asros is telling the truth: there is an item budget, and not just one idiot making up grotesquely stupid items with no oversight

assume that you believe this

now close your eyes

picture the item budget

visualize it in your mind

map its shape, its form, its substance with your thoughts

attempt to fathom the non-euclidean contours of its geometry that would allow both of versions of the Skrull Military Uniform to exist within the defined bounds of the item budget

do you see it yet, my brothers? do you see the crawling madness that comes to destroy us all?

Please source your HP Lovecraft quotes.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Wow, the ~armoured~ AoU Thor variant costume is a joke. I get that variants are supposed to be, well, minor variations on existing costumes, but this is comical even by these standards.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
sweatpants hawkguy remains #1

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

a single tear rolls down the cheek of the item budget

ZodiakLucien
Jul 27, 2013
Fine I'll reinstall

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

So I guess chapter 10 was neat? Did it all in like 20 minutes tops.

Definitely sad that I'm going to have to spend all weekend trying to get the new artifacts for my Ironing Man, so I can just put in the least amount of effort as possible.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Erdricks posted:

sweatpants hawkguy remains #1

I still want weskereye, myself.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Soothing Vapors posted:

I'm kicking everyone from the SG I catch using a controller

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
I'm honestly finding chapter 10 a little perplexing. Is there any reason to replay it? Or do it at all on other characters after you've seen it once?

And where do all the new items drop. Off bosses in the patrol?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
also kick skrull-costume wearers

also the game runs even worse for me now lol

• Locked thread