Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Irony.or.Death posted:

He's trying to trick you into logging in, don't thank him.
In my defence, you don't need to log into the game to redeem any codes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

MichaelMayhem posted:

With the focus on Civil War, we unfortunately have not been able to address many concerns that have been rising in regards to some hero balance issues that have allowed to persist in Live for longer than we'd like. On this current build of Test Center, you will find the following changes for hero balance, specifically targeting heroes who have spiked beyond a reasonable point.

These changes are never easy for us to make, but we have to make an effort to reign in power creep rather than trying to catch up to it. Trying to catch it is a neverending task that simply isn't feasible, and hasn't worked for us when attempting it in the past.

Emma Frost - reduced defense to damage ratio to 1 per 500 rating. Reduced passive Damage Reduction to 4%.

Spider-Man - reduced dodge to damage ratio to 1 per 250 rating. Reduced passive Damage Reduction to 4%.

Rogue - Spider-Man passive dodge to damage ratio reduced to 1 per 250 rating

Rogue - War Machine passive spirit to damage ratio reduced to 150%

Developer Note: As noted by @Psylocke earlier, the scaling of "other stat" to damage ratios for heroes who have them has been a common link on heroes pulling far ahead of the pack, and needs to be reigned in a bit. These ratios will still offer a strong incentive to itemize for defense, but will no longer completely beat straight-offense itemization paths. There are still a couple of heroes with these types of ratios who were not changed, but may be subject to changes later.

Iron Fist - reduced Thunder Kick (Tiger Stance) cooldown reduction to 1s

Developer Note: At it's current 3 second cooldown timer, Iron Fist can easily rotate his cooldowns that grant damage immunity to become impervious to damage at near 100% uptime, during a rotation of damaging powers. This change will force Iron Fist, like all heroes, to have some level of vulnerability during the rotation.

Loki - Arcane Ruin now gains 50% of Summoned Ally Damage as damage bonus

Developer Note: This power has been long reported as a problem, to the point of generating some of the highest DPS in the game, beyond a reasonable measure. We realize Loki overall (this one power aside) is not hitting intended DPS targets, and will be buffing him elsewhere now that we've resolved this issue.

Thor - Lightning Hammer damage reduced.

Developer Note: Lightning Hammer was incorrectly tuned from the moment the "Charge and Hold" mechanic was removed, and it has been long known that Ranged Thor outperforms Melee Thor. This was the primary offender, and has continually placed Thor above the rest in the damage metrics.

Rogue

Developer Note: A few months back, we removed Rogue's power restrictions, opening up her build options dramatically. We said then we'd be monitoring and making changes (likely reductions here and there), and have not done that up until now. As many of you know, Rogue has had a tier of her own in damage after players really figured out how to maximize her potential, going above everyone else by a good margin. As such, we're hitting her layers with a moderate damage reduction - enough to bring her back to the 'top tier'.
  • All former "Attrition" powers (that is hotspot or DoT layers) now deal 15% less damage
  • Additional reduction in damage to Teleportal, Wrath of Muspelheim, Swooping Flames, Crashing Hail, Solar Assault, Chaotic Hex
  • Wrath of Muspelheim changed from Melee to Ranged
  • Shifting Sands Stance attack speed multiplier reduced to 1.5% at rank 1
:rip: everybody.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Mover posted:

Didn't spider man have better dodge scaling than rug with the stolen passive? Like, he was 180:1 while she was 200:1? Or am I misremembering.
MH.info has him at 1% damage per 200 dodge rating, same as her.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

KittyEmpress posted:

So I played this game for like 2 months a year and a half ago, and I just finally realized 'gaz' means the company, not some specifically super stupid dev who screwes everything up.

I'm stupid.
That's so Gaz.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Jusupov posted:

par the course
I came for the mediocre English but stayed for the hamburger quest. :allears:

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Guys. Guys. Gaz have delivered a serious oforums QoL buff.

AgentFenixion posted:

Hey folks,

Just so you know, we've increased the limit of the ignore list on the forum from 5 to 20, as we know it's been asked for frequently.

Unfortunately this still does not ignore the person if someone else quotes them, but we've submitted that as feature feedback for a future patch.
They are really stepping up their game.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Gaz's colour budget is stretched thin already. If they're not careful they'll have to code Misery Hormones 2017 to run in black and white only.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Oh man, that post is something loving else.

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Marvel Heroes 2016: I have spent over $3,000+ in this game and more than half was wasted on nonsense

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

part of the anniversary event was introducing every old bug from the past year. its a bold move by mr gaz
"See how good you have it nowadays, you shitlords? Now quit your bitching or I'll beat you to death with this adamantium-coated hot dog."

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

ndub posted:

i logged in and got this
Guess it was too much to expect for the "it's" thing to get fixed even though it was reported in a TC thread a while back.

Item flavour text guy probably is gently swaying to and fro beneath some rafters somewhere, anyway.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Midnightghoul posted:

New Emma costume, not bad
She looks like a Punisher-themed cheerleader who has recently decided to get into wrestling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Midnightghoul posted:

No skills that add damage based on defense, dodge or spirit are working

The nerfs are complete
Rolling out those QoL changes early, I see!

• Locked thread