Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

I thought that said group Three team weststigers and thought it was optimistic to rank us that high.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

So this is what good refereeing looks like

ili
Jul 26, 2003

cpaf posted:

So this is what good refereeing looks like

Seems like they may have made a mistake awarding the Kiwis' field goal.

It's not a very good picture but from the video it looks like the ball actually skimmed outside the goal post. Would've been a hard one for the ref/touchies though, I don't think anyone was expecting the field goal attempt so early and they would've been focusing on forward passes/on side/etc instead.

ili fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Oct 30, 2016

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

New Tigers jerseys for 2017

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2016/11/02/wests_tigers_reveal_.html

wtf is the away jersey it hurts my eyes

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

iajanus posted:

New Tigers jerseys for 2017

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2016/11/02/wests_tigers_reveal_.html

wtf is the away jersey it hurts my eyes

"marketing research"

it'll be a top seller

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Abalone Malone posted:

"marketing research"

it'll be a top seller

I went on the tigers' official facebook wall and the comments were very positive; I'm also a member of one of the bigger unofficial groups and the comments were universally negative (and we were all praying yesterday they were hoaxes) so idk

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

iajanus posted:

I went on the tigers' official facebook wall and the comments were very positive; I'm also a member of one of the bigger unofficial groups and the comments were universally negative (and we were all praying yesterday they were hoaxes) so idk

the navy blue training shirt is pretty kick rear end,

Kaglicious
Mar 31, 2011
England? England?

:negative:

e: then we go over...

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Stupid WA time difference. Makes me miss footy.

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
Sharks have released Ben Barba

Looks like he was going to miss half the season suspended after testing positive for cocaine anyhow.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

As always, just when you think League players have plumbed the depths of stupidity there's another seam of idiocy just a little further down.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Barba you can come to the Knights, we have eccys

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

Red_Museum posted:

Looks like he was going to miss half the season suspended after testing positive for cocaine anyhow.

On the same day that Danny Wicks walks away from his contract with the Eels and retires from the NRL after recently signing a two-year extension? I hope there's nothing to it, but that's a helluva coincidence.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Curtis Sironen off to Manly.

Fair enough, wanted to start and whilst solid hasnt really been spectacular - injuries this year not helping.

Means we will keep Elijah Taylor now which is good.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Red_Museum posted:

title void, give to the storm

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

MiniSune posted:

Curtis Sironen off to Manly.

Fair enough, wanted to start and whilst solid hasnt really been spectacular - injuries this year not helping.

Means we will keep Elijah Taylor now which is good.

Completely agree

Whilst I don't like losing players with family ties he's been mediocre at best and Taylor is a much more important way to waste our cash.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

iajanus posted:

Completely agree

Whilst I don't like losing players with family ties he's been mediocre at best and Taylor is a much more important way to waste our cash.

Watch Taylor do an ACL or gently caress a donkey and be out all season.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

hahahahaahhaaahahahaha well done NZ

Kaglicious
Mar 31, 2011
Scotland should have won that too, great effort from them. No idea what was wrong with NZ though they didn't look at all bothered until those last two tries in the last 10 minutes.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Nz looked like they believed that Scotland would just break eventually if they ran simple plays at them all game and had no other creativity.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Woot tickets and flights booked for the Nines, should be an awesome birthday weekend away (until the tigers get the customary season ending injuries I expect to watch live).

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
England: still not good

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

MiniSune posted:

England: still not good

Water wet, England poo poo.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

it's the auckland nines draw

Waiheke Pool

Cronulla Sharks, Gold Coast Titans, Penrith Panthers, Canterbury Bankstown-Bulldogs

Rangitoto Pool

Wests Tigers, Brisbane Broncos, Melbourne Storm, Newcastle Knights

Hunua Pool

North Queensland Cowboys, Sydney Roosters, Canberra Raiders, South Sydney Rabbitohs

Piha Pool

New Zealand Warriors, St. George-Illawarra Dragons, Parramatta Eels, Manly Sea Eagles

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

I guess by trying to make the Warriors into the Kiwis they accidentally also made the Kiwis into the Warriors

Kaglicious
Mar 31, 2011
Seeing New Zealand get battered like that makes me wonder how the hell England lost to them, even Scotland got a draw out of them. We're absolutely worse this year than last, English rugby league is in trouble but that stretches past the performance of the national team I guess.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

That was just a terrible game all round by the Kiwis. They looked completely pedestrian and bereft of any ideas with and without the ball.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Wow, the Tigers managed to not gently caress up re-signing Elijah Taylor.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
I basically avoided that whole 4 Nations tournament.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Is anyone surprised that the Kiwis were absolute garbage? It was a fait accompli that Australia would win, considering the brains trust they had running the team at the top. The Kiwis, on the other hand, appointed a guy who's never coached seriously at the top level, who's still learning the game. There's shooting one's own foot, and then there's what the Kiwis did, which is blast away with a loving howitzer.

The only real surprise is that they didn't get thumped by the English either.

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

best part of the 4 nations
this sook

http://wwos.nine.com.au/2016/11/14/06/12/frustrated-bennett-bemoans-sloppy-england

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Vagabundo posted:

The only real surprise is that they didn't get thumped by the English either.

no it isn't

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Semi Radrada may have swapped codes and signed with Toulon in the Top 14 French club rugby competition. He also failed to appear in court on domestic violence charges.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...6f18a1e644cb5d2

And if you're wondering if his legal trouble will give Mourad Boudjellal pause, keep in mind that Paul Perez has played for both Biarritz and Toulouse after being thrown out of New Zealand for assaulting his pregnant partner, twice.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Nov 28, 2016

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Even when the play stops the drama continues.

drat I love this sport.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Might be about to pull the trigger on season tickets to Suncorp next year. Help me I have a problem.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

iajanus posted:

Might be about to pull the trigger on season tickets to Suncorp next year. Help me I have a problem.

Praise be to Locky, you've finally seen the light!

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

ili posted:

Praise be to Locky, you've finally seen the light!

There's nothing else to do in this godforsaken state except drink yourself to death on terrible beer and laugh whenever Queensland teams lose at things. It's either go to Suncorp and hope to see them lose live or shoot myself and save some time.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Theres nothing you can do in sydney or melbourne that you cant do in brisbane you giant baby.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

BlindSite posted:

Theres nothing you can do in sydney or melbourne that you cant do in brisbane you giant baby.

Go to Coles to get something before 8am?

E: You need to be a special kind of sheltered to think of Brisbane as anything but an overgrown country town.

E2: with the added bonus of even more abhorrent political views being the norm and no non-Murdoch printed media.

iajanus fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Dec 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I've lived in 4 states and a whole seperate country.

How did I know your post would be a smug self satisfied virtue signalling diatribe about how less enlightened queenslanders are.

• Locked thread