Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Tigers rack up two more wins than I predicted.

Hope is still pretty poor. You don't win things in March.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
If the roosters lose tonight then the office will be awesome tomorrow.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Smorgasbord posted:

Watching the Footy Show since I'm sick at home...Vautin blathering on about McFadden taking the captaincy off Mannering and giving it to an Aussie until Brohman sets him straight that it was entirely Mannering's decision and management wanted him to stay as captain. When Daryl loving 'Big Marn' Brohman is the most up to speed with what's happening in the NRL then your show is a complete loving joke.

Dear lord. A Warriors fan, stuck at home sick, watching Tee Hee Vautin the "funniest man in league". Triple whammy.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Good to see the Tigers revert back to drop ball and give dumb penalties and therefore tire out.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Playing out of a packed suburban ground hasn't hurt the Wanderers brand, far from it. And as a result of two codes (w/Parra) they've jagged a nice upgrade to 30K.

Also being a flipping marginal seat at all levels of government helps. Probably more than anything. Heck it's why Gosford Stadium got built in the first place, it was electoral pork through and through. The fact that the Bears, and then the Mariners use it is a pleasant afterthought. It's helped with the Mariners to attract 20 million dollars for a centre of excellence, and I'll bet a nice cup of tea they'll get another 10 million in the upcoming federal election.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Whilst jesus rose from the dead, i dont see souths doing so.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Rugby league works in mysterious ways. Always.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Chalupa Joe posted:

Come on Warriors, don't gently caress this up.

Good Warriors found.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
I'm not so sure. I think they just need more than five plays taught to them.

We only lost 8 nil, in a game we would have shipped 30 in seasons past. I think our defence is about where it needs to be as a contender, they need to expand the playbook a little.

We also looked far better with Cherrington the past few weeks than when Farah came on.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
I can't believe I've paid real money to watch roosters vs warriors.

Although only match it seems this year in Gosford, so any port in a storm.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Also Nate Myles in attendance as a guest of Easts. Still likes the club it seems.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

cpaf posted:

That should definitely be a penalty try

What mythical beast is that.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
What the gently caress was RTS doing letting Auboson run so loving far? He practically conceeded the try.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
This really is lolden point.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
RTS I believe for the winner?

Got my money's worth.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
I agree with the team, but cant see teddy there. Maybe lord bogan at the back?

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

iajanus posted:

Normally I'd agree, but if we're picking on form then Teddy is light years over Lord Bogan atm

Oh I agree on form. But from my vantage teams are rarely picked on form. See Pearce, Mitchell.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Facebook tells me grub stuck his finger up a date at the scrum. Phoneposting so can grab the image but be interesting if anything comes of it.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
What is it with the league and animals

quote:

Brisbane Broncos deny sensational claims of player scuffle after plot to identify ‘rat’ leaking information

BEN Hunt and Josh McGuire are the players at the centre of a “rat” in the ranks saga at the Brisbane Broncos.

Fox Sports News chief NRL reporter James Hooper revealed on NRL Tonight a picture of a rat was placed on McGuire’s locker in the Broncos dressing room and there were words with Hunt.

Hooper said there was no physical contact, despite reports on radio earlier of a scuffle between players over the issue.

It’s understood some within the club are unhappy with McGuire, believing he has been talking out of school.

Claims that a angry scuffle broke out in the Broncos dressing room over the issue were reported by Greg Martin earlier on Triple M Brisbane breakfast radio.

Martin said Broncos players had concocted an elaborate plot to identify a teammate leaking information to the media.

According to Martin, players had to be pulled apart in a heated confrontation ahead of Thursday night’s win over the Dragons, having apparently identified the perpetrator.

The Broncos denied that any scuffle occurred.

“That hasn’t happened. There is no issue between anyone here. There is not. That story is made up,” a club spokesman told foxsports.com.au earlier on Friday.

However, it is understood that coach Wayne Bennett called an unscheduled player bonding session for the Broncos on Friday afternoon in the wake of the unrest claims, with five-eighth Anthony Milford posting a shot of the gathering on social media.

The supposed plot saw Broncos players tell three teammates, including the main suspect, three different versions of a story and waited for the tale to appear in the media. The story that came out in the media, a newspaper report that Test forward Matt Gillett was being chased by the Dragons as a big-money recruit for next season, identified the leak.

Martin said the accused player had a picture of a rat plastered to his locker and became involved in pushing and shoving with a teammate, but no punching.

That person had a picture of a rat placed on his locker in the dressing rooms,” he said on Triple M.

“A scuffle ensued between the player with the rat that was placed there and the player that he thought had placed it there.

“Training started and (coach) Wayne Bennett had to settle everything down, that’s how they went into last night’s game against St George.

“Wayne Bennett didn’t drive it, this little group of players said, ‘We’re sick of somebody, if we are going to be such a tight team we can’t have anybody leaking stuff’.

“The player didn’t mean to leak it he just told his manager. He may have a blabber mouth manager.”

Martin said unrest over a mole had been “festering” at the Broncos.

“I’m just telling you what I know — they might watch Game of Thrones just like you,” Martin said.

“This has been festering for a week, remember that story two days ago, back page of Courier-Mail, Matt Gillett being shopped around to St George, I’m hearing that ain’t true.

“Yes, he is being shopped around by his manager, but not to St George. That was a plant to discover something.

“There’s a bit of trouble in the ranks at the Broncos. There’s a leak. There’s been far too many stories.

“They like to keep some things close, there’s been a few too many stories coming out of the Broncos. Nothing too serious, but they’re worried about someone within their ranks, the players and the core group of the Broncos.

“A lot of footballers talk to their managers and their managers are often the blabber mouths.”

Martin claims the players devised the scheme to out the leaker after their win over the Gold Coast Titans last Friday. He said the coaching staff was not involved.

“They had some suspects who the leak was and they cooked up a couple of stories that only that suspect would know,” he said.

“They said: ‘I’ll tell you something to one player then I’ll tell you something to another player and I’ll tell you something to another player’.

“One of the stories was about Gillett going to St George. And when it appeared, bang, they knew who leaked it.”

Well at least no animals were actually hosed this time.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
I always thought he had a slightly chewy accent.

For he is with Fui Fui in loving the taste of sweet flesh.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

BlindSite posted:

Thoughts on Roosters v Panthers?

Was Roosters' last performance them finding form or more just stupid luck. For a team that's so talented they've sure stunk most of the year.

The Roosters looked good against the Warriors and were unlucky to lose in lollden point. So they are finding some form. Which is understandable given they lost their central playmaker for dog related activities.

The Panthers are regularly uninspiring, and have been for some time.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
That had to be a square up. Knock on for all money.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Horrible attempt at a match so far.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
I'm really getting over Refball.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

bowmore posted:

you guys haven't won a game since Farah has come back

maybe the coach was right to try and get rid of him?

A Good Point.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Watching replay st helens and leeds. Whats the ESRG on the arse of the St Helens players?

30 mins this is quite entertaining.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Dirty Frank posted:

Kyle Amor just monstered Zak Hardaker and took a try, well worth a look on replay, fun stuff.

Amazing. Just seen it.

In the nrl that would have been a penalty for being mean or somesuch.

Also idiot comentators it's not a scissor kick its a goose step. Gooooooose Steeeep. Goose.

MiniSune fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Apr 26, 2016

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Surely proctologists would be fingering for some of that action.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
The Rabbits ran out of ideas with 20 to go, and the Tigers didn't resort to dumb penalties and drop ball and just followed the game plan.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Given the Foran drama, the dog loving king returns and nary an eyelid was batted.

Mind you hard to get excited when newy is playing.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Vagabundo posted:

So, the Warriors management were angry enough with the antics of Vatuvei, Matulino and Thompson, that they've declared the three unavailable for the Kiwis in the upcoming ANZAC test. Good. gently caress them.

Who are the Warriors to decide whether their players can play for country or not?

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Eels fans at work adamant they can still make the 8 if they offload players now given their draw.

God bless them. Never give up.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

iajanus posted:

Yay my 2003 away jersey that I've been looking for forever finally arrived in the post today, bought off some random guy on Facebook :D. Finally got every home and away jersey for the clubs history (plus a few others since I have no self control with jerseys)

Seek more help.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Maybe we should just get rid of the passing backwards only rule.

Would save a lot of embarrassment.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

cpaf posted:

You know the refs are hosed.

I think this is a position we can all agree with.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

bowmore posted:

waste of a season

Only reason why Parra won't win the spoon.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Latrell Mitchell going off it seems for good will be good for us. Sadly not good enough, the Chooks do look quite solid.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Jono C posted:

That looked like a bit of a dive, but the Souths player wasn't exactly stationary either.
Nah, the dumb arse Souths player grabbed hold and clearly pulled down. If he hadn't charged in to block it was doubtful the onrushing player would have made it and Souths would have won.

But what really shits me is the years and years of the Tigers getting hosed over in similar fashion with that poo poo not getting called and NOW it's a thing.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
That was rather dandy.

Although this blasted camp has no foxtel so it was nein for me and god drat have I not missed Gould.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

ili posted:

That's a smooth-rear end kick from Cam Smith.

Was rather hilarious.

Rooster poo. Everywhere.

• Locked thread