Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Come on Bunnies, don't gently caress this up.

Old Magpie fans can feel the catharsis......

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Hayne tears best tears.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
It will never beat the giant optus tv breaking apart and almost killing someone.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Good old country Rugby league

quote:

http://www.westernadvocate.com.au/story/4160419/ugly-scenes-mar-grand-final/?cs=2452

Ugly scenes mar grand final

POLICE have been called in and league officials are promising to clamp down after ugly scenes marred Sunday’s Group 4 grand final which descended into chaos when crowds stormed the field.

Among player send-offs, angry supporters spilled onto Jack Woolaston Oval mid-game before referees stopped play and called the game off early between long-time rivals, West Lions and North Tamworth Bears.

It’s understood police are investigating an assault after allegations a player headbutted one of the referees, while there were claims supporters levelled verbal threats at others on the ground.

On Monday, Oxley Acting Superintendent Jeff Budd would not be drawn on the details surrounding the police intervention.

“Police are investigating allegations arising from an incident on the field at the Group 4 rugby league grand final on Sunday afternoon at Jack Woolaston Oval,” he told The Leader.

“That investigation is continuing.”

The on and off-field drama left a sour taste in the crowd who left the game, with Bears claiming an easy victory, despite the early finish. And league officials are angry.

“I’m shattered, angry, disappointed, it’s hard because it’s two years in a row that the grand final has finished like this,” Group 4 President Mick Schmiedel told The Leader.

“We will stamp out this behaviour because we want to protect the image and integrity of the game.”

Mr Schmiedel said the Group stood by referees and said players, supporters and those involved in the ugly incident needed to take responsibility for what happened.

“It’s disappointing for the game, and we as a Group we’ve got to protect the reputation of the game,” he said.

“The problem we have is nobody is taking accountability for their actions so we’re going to review a few things, and that’s off the video [of the game].

“What we’ve got to do is realise it happened in last year’s final, some of the players involved in last year, were involved again this year.

“We can’t lay the blame at the ref, we can’t lay blame at Norths, we can’t lay blame at Wests, it’s everybody that was there.”

The judiciary will meet within two weeks to decide the fate of players or supporters involved, and Group 4 says there will be a zero-tolerance for the scenes that played out on Sunday.

“It will be dealt with swiftly, we will be looking at bans and penalties and suspensions, the majority of what happened is on the field,” Mr Schmiedel said.

I think six maybe seven sent off. The first incident starts at 5hr:44min in the embedded video in the link.

Also some decent lower league and women's matches before hand. Kudos Group 4.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Roy and hg are calling both Afl and nrl grand finals this weekend.
If your audio is lagging just use your pvr of choice to pause the vision until the audio catches up.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

BoonyPC posted:

Terry Lamb is off!

Holy poo poo they just showed Brett Dallas, forgot all about him

Aka The Grassy Knoll.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Reminder: RoynHG on Newsradio. Not online it would seem.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
I love a scrum play.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
That was a good hard half of football.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Harold Holt found.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

She was divisive and was not liked by many both in the code and out.

But cancer is a terrible way to go.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

iajanus posted:

welp Idris is officially a Tiger now. This should be fun...

Syntax error in line 1.

No idea what to make of this.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Stupid WA time difference. Makes me miss footy.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Curtis Sironen off to Manly.

Fair enough, wanted to start and whilst solid hasnt really been spectacular - injuries this year not helping.

Means we will keep Elijah Taylor now which is good.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

iajanus posted:

Completely agree

Whilst I don't like losing players with family ties he's been mediocre at best and Taylor is a much more important way to waste our cash.

Watch Taylor do an ACL or gently caress a donkey and be out all season.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
England: still not good

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Even when the play stops the drama continues.

drat I love this sport.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

iajanus posted:

Does anyone want to volunteer to make the 2017 thread or will I just do it once I get back from holidays?

You know you want to. The bile is strong with this one.

Also bit of a bugger with Chad Robinson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Rl 2017: Steroid cocaine is rugby league as gently caress

• Locked thread