Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

bowmore posted:

Robson underrated as an organizer, he doesn't have much speed but you have all the other guys for that

We swapped Chad Townsend for an older Chad Townsend basically. I'd have Leuleuai at 6 myself, potentially Lolohea later on in the season if he's not needed out wider due to injuries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

bowmore posted:

Chad Townsend couldn't organise for poo poo though

Eh he did ok. The main similarity is the extreme lack of pace.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

The bald/balding blonde guy who played halfback for the Sharks for the last 5 years or so. Previously at Parramatta I think.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

I still maintain that if Townsend had even average halfback pace he would be a superstar with how gifted he is in spotting a gap. Kicking game is below par and he's not the greatest organiser but you can tell by watching him that he knows how to play, just isn't fast enough to make it happen.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

I like that Parramatta hopes are building, their eventual failure will be all the more delicious.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Red_Museum posted:

https://twitter.com/abcgrandstand/status/695473346578755584

Maybe Hunt and Napa the ones likely to grab a bench spot anyhow?

Milford, Hunt and the already banned Valentine Holmes would've been in the mix for sure. Napa I guess based on commentator hype but I'm yet to be convinced by him.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

cpaf posted:

These conversion attempts are magnificent

Wish these commentators knew at least as many player names as I do

Why would they know something like that. not like it's their job or anything.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Abalone Malone posted:

Anasta kicks a field goal, loses by a 3 points

He really Sandowed it up out there.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Shaun Johnson :stare:

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

bowmore posted:

he saved your rear end

Yep, but there's nobody else in the game you'd rather have the ball in their hands in that situation than Johnson. We got boned with that disallowed try early on too, they call that pass forward and let so many ridiculous ones go all weekend?

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

ili posted:

The Warriors really should win this.

3rd year we've sent out most of our dynamic players while everyone else sends out under 20's and reserve graders, we're loving due a win.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

This segment is terrible other than Daryl Halligan's trick shot from the sideline 10m out.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

loving Paramatta winning a trophy :barf:

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Hahah the looks of disgust on the yobbo Australian crowd having to put up with all this 'abo poo poo'

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

iajanus posted:

Also this commentary team has to be almost the worst I've ever heard, just for annoying voices and comments.

We still like Sterlo at least, don't we? It's hard to keep track of sometimes.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

BCR posted:

Yeah, but he breaks too easily for a big kid.

By all accounts he's actually done pre-season right this year, not his usual 20kg extra fat after Christmas.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

I know Soward is a prick but I love when he does well since I know he irritates the gently caress out of assholes like Robbie Farah and Beau Ryan.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Soward seems like the kind of rear end in a top hat who will quite happily leave you alone if you leave him alone. Farah & Ryan are the kind of assholes who go out of their way to be assholes regardless.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Koni is so loving good at earning penalties.

edit: Bird has jizz on his face

Smorgasbord fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Feb 13, 2016

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

iajanus posted:

Except when they cut to the low camera for no reason and it's impossible to see what's happening

Did they get the Channel 9 Origin crew to run it?

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

MiniSune posted:

lovely camerawork cant hide some pretty poo poo calls by the ref. That Tedesco pen was horsehit given the sharks player was walking forward.

Bit early in the season for shouting at the wind about unfancied teams being shafted by the refs isn't it?

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Last time i was positive about the raiders i ended up with a new username by the end of the season lol.

The raiders depend heavily on josh Hodgson. If he stays on the field and has a good run with injury the Raiders might be alright

Was that the Bulgarelli finals game v the Warriors? Good times, good times.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

It is really weird how of all the clubs you'd predict to win the offseason contract game, it looks like it's the loving Warriors & Raiders :psyduck:

Also Manly I guess.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Haha Tamou got knocked the gently caress out by Garbutt after slapping Galloway. Personally I'd prefer the slapper gets the red, gently caress that pussy poo poo.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

I blame Greg Bird.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Nah he has enough money to pay for the sort of lawyers who can get you off for this poo poo unless there is HD footage of the actual incident. The revelation that she approached the Roosters for money is pretty easy to spin in a way that makes her look really bad and if this is a jury trial I'd say that's probably enough to get him off already. I don't know though, even if he is guilty how do you prove it? All we've heard is she had a bruise that she told her friend was caused by dropping a weight on herself so who could honestly convict on that evidence?

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Gorbash posted:

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...226-gn54sx.html

"The push is part of new chief executive Justin Pascoe's plan to create a unique atmosphere at games. While some of the themes are aligned to NRL-themed rounds, such as the annual Indigenous round, the Tigers will introduce others, including a 1980s theme, a circus round, back to school round and a legends round as the club looks to improve its engagement with fans."

I can't wait for "score more points than the opposition" day, or "no missed tackles" day.

I want every round to be "Raudonikis era Magpies" round.

Also apparently the Knights may have as many as 5 debutants round 1. May as well, their existing roster was loving poo poo even though they cut a lot of dead wood.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Ewar Woowar posted:

Hurrell isn't fat for once so I can only assume he's carrying a knock?

We are notoriously bad starters so I don't have high hopes for this game but our starting line up looks pretty great on paper.

McFadden really doesn't like Hurrell.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

iajanus posted:

No sane person should be worried about the warriors losing to the tigers in round one.

Warriors losing to bad Tigers teams seems like a tradition.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

bowmore posted:

I changed the league settings, we need 1 more player

League name The Goons
Privacy settings Private
Skill level Intermediate
League size 12 users
League type Head-to-head
League final series Yes
Play opponents Flexible
League start round 1
Bye rounds No
Coaches Box Off

If you joined please tell me your team's name

I'm the team that wins it every year.

:smugdog: :pipe:

(Beavertown Banter)

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Well to be fair they seem to be fixated on the dog thing which is ridiculously overblown so in that regard Pearce is hard done by compared to other players who have literally assaulted women for real and had zero punishment. Also clubs have systematically and deliberately cheated the cap so outrageously that they set up a frigging dynasty and also not been punished.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Broncos
Cowboys
Sharks
Storm

Warriors
Souths
Parramatta
Canberra

Dogs
Penrith
Roosters
Manly

Dragons
Knights
Tigers
Titans

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Every time I watch the Broncos Oates is so loving good :allears:

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

ili posted:

And Beau Scott with another cheap shot. Stupid loving old bald sack of poo poo.

Yeah that guy is a straight up dirty grub oval office.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Will be interesting to see the effect of the reduced interchange on these massive Bulldog forwards.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

bowmore posted:

seems to be helping so far?

Kasiano losing 15kgs seems to have helped a lot.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

iajanus posted:

It's like manly have never played a game together and are a bit confused where they are or what they're doing.

The Trent Barrett experience :laugh:

I hope Geoff Toovey's relaxing at home with a couple of drinks enjoying the game tonight.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

bowmore posted:

I wonder what it's like supporting a team that never passes the ball to the million dollar a year player

The Cowboys used to do this with Thurston, it's infuriating as a Cowboys sympathiser.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Segs broke his arm. Did a witch curse Penrith.

I was so close to buying him in fantasy...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

We all ready to get retarded?

edit: :lol: what a ridiculous first 90 seconds

Smorgasbord fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Mar 5, 2016

• Locked thread