Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

:horse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

First SL game of the season, Leeds vs Warrington in a little over a hour, I'm excited! Got wine, beer and the kids in bed. All ready :toot:

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Warrington just on top in the first 5mins, Sandow looks sharp which is nice, ref made a couple of mistakes in warringtons favour, a good thing imo

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

and now lots of pressure from leeds, rhys evans has 2 defensive knock ons which he probably had to make both times. if Warrington get through this they'll be happy.

and they do

and then sims drops it lol

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

The voluntary tackle rule does't make much sense

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

HT: 0 - 6 Warrington. Sandow scores from a head high tackle penalty on his good self, you need a stiff neck if you're a short arse in RL.

Dirty Frank fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Feb 4, 2016

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Leeds 10 - 12 Warrington. drat fine game. Warringtons defense won it.

Sandow is a step ahead of everyone else in attack but that includes his teammates, I recon he'll be poo poo next week against Hull KR and will loose heart in the whole project. I hope I'm wrong cos he's loving good when he's on.

Leeds had a good open play attacking game as per btw.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Troy Queef posted:

Leeds also not having Sinfield hurt them bad: Hardaker missed two kicks that would've won them the game.
Yep, but if Warrington's defense hadn't been so good they wouldn't have had the chance to win the game due to Leeds kicking

bowmore posted:

Sandow has always been good when he's on
agreed

Dirty Frank fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Feb 4, 2016

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Wigan Catalans is 9mins in, Wign had most of the ball so far and the pitch is a mud bath. Matty Smith just kicked a 40-20.

Gigot at fullback and Escare not playing which is a bit of a suprise, Gigot was very good last season and Escare fairly ordinary so I guess its fair.

Dirty Frank fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Feb 5, 2016

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Glen Stuart tripping now, Wigan 10-0 up and Catalans can't keep hold of it.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Kaglicious posted:

This Catalans first half :psyduck:

50% completion rate lol :(

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Well, it was a lovely game, but 12 - 6 at wigan isn't a terrible result.

Hope the skys clear for the 9's

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

ili posted:

Caught my first super league game on fox tonight, the Wigan vs Catalans game. I really enjoyed it but have to ask, do they usually play in that much mud? It was like a game at Brookvale but without the broken glass and dog poo poo. Also your steveo and eddie make the channel 9 clowns seem like towering intellects.

Thats just February in England, since we moved to playing in the Summer you don't see it too often, there's generally a few games like it at the start of the season though. It used to be like that all the time when we played in the winter, I remember a ref mistaking Jimmy Pickering (big fijian playing for Workington, he also played in Aus for the bulldogs) for one of Castlefords players (big english guy playing for the other team) because they were so covered in mud.

Stevo is retiring at the end of the season, hopefully Eddie will go with him :toot: I doubt there's a worse commentary team on the planet in any sport.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Ilyich posted:

32-6 to Salford. :stare: What the gently caress is going on? That 1st half was embarrassing. Truly awful performance from the whole team.

Edit. 44-10 final score. Amazing performance from Salford, and an appalling one from St. Helens. We haven't played that badly in a long time.

That's an amazing score, I watched it today and Salford were very good but Saints didn't seem interested at all.

Hudd Wigan is a good even game atm btw.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

This is nice, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiJMAKofWUY short highlights from Toulouse XIII vs Wath Brow in the Challenge Cup. There some good attacking play! Wath Brow is a small village in Cumbria just at the edge of the Lake District about 10 miles from where I grew up. Them playing against a french city makes me happy :)

The camera work is surprisingly good, I wonder if they went over with the froggies, cos I'm sure there's no one in Cumbria knows how to use a Camera.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Figured I better get my ladder prediction in before things actually kick off, I asked the guessatron. Seems random chance will do jus as well as I do normally.

Roosters
Bulldogs
Dragons
Cowboys
Broncos
Titans
Seagles
Raiders
Warriors
Sharks
Rabbits
Panthers
Storm
Eels
Knights
Tigers

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

The Narrator posted:

Why is Nine not showing the tackle count?

Yeah, what the gently caress, they expect people to watch sober or something?

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

^^ edit: adopting correct nomenclature

I like the video ref bunker thingy ~*The Bunker*~. Always feels better when we hear what the refs are thinking about a decision.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Kickoff Leeds vs Huddersfield, both teams winless, another waterlogged sloggfest. Just because it would be funny I'm hoping for a Huddersfield win. Anythings possible though.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

ili posted:

When a Tigers fan and a Titans fan get together, which one pities the other?

They're both annihilated, it produces -ve energy though.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

MiniSune posted:

Upside is a working Alcubierre drive.
Good upside. My KSP Eve builds might actually work.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

MiniSune posted:

Soward tears best tears.

Not as good as Reynolds tears, but I'll take em.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Widnes just scored a nice try against the run of play, Hull FC the stronger team by far though, they look like they can just muscle the game away. Come on Widnes.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

And again! Widnes have some chops in attack. Brown made a really intelligent cross field kick to the opposite wing.

Odd game this, Widnes, in defense, look like they're *just* holding on. This third try for them is really the only one Hull should have stopped. Fun! WID 14 - 6 HULL

Dirty Frank fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Mar 10, 2016

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Kaglicious posted:

Widnes making the super league look even easier than the NRL teams did...

Haha, Hull have no idea wtf.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Wigan 4 -0 Widnes. Widnes with all the attack, but they keep passing it to Wigan players at the last moment. Good game so far.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Smorgasbord posted:

Yeah enjoying it, hoping for a Widnes win.

Testify.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

gently caress me, Widnes lucky not to get a yellow there at the end, but same for Matty Smith for the trip, so... Widnes look really good, they could have won by more with a bit more luck on a couple of bounces as well.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

First really bad decision I've seen this season I think. Regardless of whether it was a forward pass or not (I don't think it was but its really close) the ref had the video ref rule on it in a weird round about way.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Someone's gotta be accountable!

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

iajanus posted:

The broncos being retarded and kicking so many penalties is what's made this close.

Nah, Hunts poor kicking and the fact that the teams are really close. Taking the two is good strategy imo. You need the good field position kicking to back it up though.

Also, holy gently caress this is stressful.

Also, Granville is amazing.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

:horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse:

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

The top teams don't let in many 10m tries when the goal line defense is set, which it will be on these kind of penalties. Playing against the Tigers the maths is different though ;)

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Professional foul yellow card for holding down after a big break in Wigan vs Warrington, its a beautiful thing. Sandow makes a nice try with a big pass close to the line 20 seconds later.

Sandow is on, pinpoint kick that was more like an NFL quarterbacks pass, direct to his wingers hands, for try number 3.

aaaaaand Sandow might be off with a hamstring? knee? balls? went down like he was shot with no one near him, they always seem to be bad ones.

Dirty Frank fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Apr 1, 2016

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

cpaf posted:

That would have been the try of the year if Sezer made it

Great bit of play, and a yellow card!

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Klemmer should go into acting, dude looks evil.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

ili posted:

I didn't watch the Dogs-Raiders game too closely, what was Klemmer's punch like? I notice he didn't even get cited for it.

There was a bit of shirt grabby pushy pully around the play the ball and he lashed out, not sure if he connected even, but he swung a punch, surprised he didn't get anything. I guess that means if you swing and miss its ok?

https://cdn.streamable.com/video/mp4/65xd_1.mp4

looks like he connects to me

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

The dragons drop the ball so much, I blame the hair-dos.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Dragons completed a set!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Catalans Dragons looking as good as they have done this season at Hull KR, 0 - 28. Hull KR fans are loving incensed, I'm biased but the commentators* agree that the ref has been fair.

* yeah I know

• Locked thread