Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Anyone use NRL Digital Pass and if so, is it geolocked? It's a pain in the rear end to watch matches in the US and it's way easier (and cheaper) to watch games on demand than FS+. With the conversion rate right now, it's pretty favorable to do a year subscription for an American.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

iajanus posted:

I think it is because I'm pretty sure there's a product they have for the international market.

Oh yeah so it is. Well that's lame. I looked and there's no international option except the "international broadcast" streaming site, which you need to use a VPN to get around the geoblock for. They claim fox has the rights, but fox soccer 2 go doesn't even carry all the matches and it's $20 a month which is absolutely preposterous.

Oh well whatever. It's 2016, if I want to give someone money for a service I should be able to. I mostly don't trust fox at all since their sports2go platform is one of the worst I've ever used.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

iajanus posted:

The first goal I could get behind, but the second and third were idiotic. They showed no confidence in their ability to score tries and completely capitulated to the Cowboys once possession evened up. They were extremely lucky the Cowboys got greedy in extra time and forgot how they won the GF.

I'm with you and the announcers pointed it out too. The body language on the players when they chose to go for two showed they were pissed. They wanted the try and the chance to put it out of reach. I have no idea what the Cowboys were thinking not kicking in ET. Kept waiting for it and waiting for it..and then they went wide. It was mind blowing. Still an fantastic match to watch though.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

cpaf posted:

Pretty sure they were pissed about the never-ending deliberate penalties on the try line never ending up with the ref binning someone like they should. Corey even went up to one of the refs and asked him why he didn't give 10 minutes

Fair point. I didn't even think of it that way but that makes way more sense.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

cpaf posted:

I'm glad he's changing the team (assuredly he's dropping walker) because blaming the refs like that is a pretty big cop out. After the first 20 minutes or so of whistle blowing extravaganza, NSW had all the possession and momentum for like 40 minutes and failed to really capitalise. The Morris try was rightfully overturned. There were some shockers near the end of the game but for both teams.

Most importantly the blues looked extremely strong. Actually competitive. Don't forget they lost the previous game 52-6. Blaming Queensland for being old or the refs or whatever undermines how well both teams played

Also the knock on call that led to that overturned try went off the head of a NSW player and never should have been a knock on. It was a fantastic game though. Hardly exciting for the first 60 minutes or so but just a knock down drag out game. I was amazed Queensland pulled it out. I kept expecting them to break but it just never happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

cpaf posted:

That is an understatement

"It's a three-pronged attack: sub-liminal, liminal and super-liminal."
"Super-Liminal?"
"I'll show you. HEY YOU! JARED HAYNE IS PLAYING IN 2016!"

• Locked thread