Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

this game will probably be aids but the setting and music seems good. its supposed to have cross platform play between xbone and pc? a few of my friends are excited for this game so ill probably get it. it isnt developed by ubisoft only published. if youre playing the beta let us know how it is!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Me and my workmate are going to get this on ps4 and form a crew.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Me and my workmate are going to get this on ps4 and form a crew.

i might get it too. i wanted to play the drat beta but ubisoft is making it fuckin impossible for me

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

HORMELCHILI posted:

this game will probably be aids but the setting and music seems good. its supposed to have cross platform play between xbone and pc? a few of my friends are excited for this game so ill probably get it. it isnt developed by ubisoft only published. if youre playing the beta let us know how it is!!

the sound design seems super duper cool, but the gameplay and level design stuff seems super simple

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

i wanna believe in massive though

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
actually nevermind

http://i.imgur.com/z2gpLgW.webm

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

lol

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

lol also i just found out that isnt cross platform which means i wont be able to play this with my friends so ill probably not play this for awhile if it all

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Doi durr doihoi I only buy games if my friends play them. Gahuck, I'm a normie.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
if it's not to play with your friends you can play actual good games like dragon's dogma, think about it

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I'm excited, I like all the Tom Clancy games. I have the beta preloaded but I'll be at work for like six more hours after it goes live. I'll let y'all know how it is sometime after 7 CST, I guess.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Doi durr doihoi I only buy games if my friends play them. Gahuck, I'm a normie.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Normie punks gently caress off

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

tbh it looks super cool but i need to stop taking blind 60 dollar dives on new shooters that turn out to be turds OP

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

They apparently took some time to re-tool the game to be more like Destiny

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

They apparently took some time to re-tool the game to be more like Destiny

(canned laughter)

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

There's some good things a game like this could learn from Destiny, imo.

And some really, really bad things, too, so fingers crossed I guess.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I've been enjoying my time in the PVP 'dark zone' and I kind of wish the whole game was like that because the PVE stuff is somewhat boring.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This is third person shooter destiny op

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

frank.club posted:

And?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
did you like destiny? Was it some win?!

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I thought this was going to be like an open ended splinter cell blacklist but I watched a video where a dude shot someone a dozen times with a pistol as damage numbers popped off. I'm salty about it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

Good poo poo

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

frank.club posted:

I thought this was going to be like an open ended splinter cell blacklist but I watched a video where a dude shot someone a dozen times with a pistol as damage numbers popped off. I'm salty about it

The next Ghost Recon game seems to be kind of MGSV-ish in mission and gameplay mechanics.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

I just watched a video as well and was thinking this looks neat and then yeah. Unloaded an AR into a goon from distance and it took 6 head shots while numbers flew out. Come on

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

I just watched a video as well and was thinking this looks neat and then yeah. Unloaded an AR into a goon from distance and it took 6 head shots while numbers flew out. Come on

welp, im out

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I'm enjoying it so far. I used Nvidia to get a beta key, but I think they stopped giving them out.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

In Training posted:

I think that kind of thing can work, it's just that most developers aren't good enough to pull it off. From the videos I've seen it looks like good use of cover and smart use of your skills and abilities and stuff is important to combat and enemies actually react to being shot like you'd expect so I don't think it will be as bad as like Borderlands or Fallout 3/NV combat where you and the bad guys just stand there blasting each other until one of you falls down.

I don't know, it seems kind of weird to me that everyone's okay with medieval RPGs having enemies take twenty sword blows or six arrows to the face or something before dying but as soon as guns get involved it's a big crime. As long as there's more to the combat than just pulling the trigger at them it should be fine imo.

Still got 4 and a half hours in my shift until I can try it out -_-

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

rediscover posted:

Normie punks gently caress off

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

HORMELCHILI posted:

what about the setting seems good

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

I think that kind of thing can work, it's just that most developers aren't good enough to pull it off. From the videos I've seen it looks like good use of cover and smart use of your skills and abilities and stuff is important to combat and enemies actually react to being shot like you'd expect so I don't think it will be as bad as like Borderlands or Fallout 3/NV combat where you and the bad guys just stand there blasting each other until one of you falls down.

I don't know, it seems kind of weird to me that everyone's okay with medieval RPGs having enemies take twenty sword blows or six arrows to the face or something before dying but as soon as guns get involved it's a big crime. As long as there's more to the combat than just pulling the trigger at them it should be fine imo.

Still got 4 and a half hours in my shift until I can try it out -_-

I'm going to get gamesy with you for a second. When I'm playing a realistic style fps or 3rd person shooter I don't want to shoot a guy 6 times in the head and torso because that goes against how a lot of my favorite fps and 3ps shooters work. I don't think it works very well but many people seem to enjoy it and that's cool. I don't mind swinging a bunch in a rpg if the combat feels right. I think maybe it's just something that's been developed over years of playing games with mechanics that work for them. Semper Games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

When you dome a guy their head should blow off

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im tired of playing gritty dark shooters where there is absolutely no gore

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think MGS does violence and gore stuff perfectly.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
Okay this is pretty rough but i had the idea and thought it was pretty funny. Mayhaps some of you Photoshop-goons can improve on the concept

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmao

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

In Training posted:

yeah its bullshit how this doesnt happen in games anymore

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

In Training posted:

I'd like to see a good game with Max Payne 3's gore

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
heck, you just mentioned one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

bhlaab posted:

what about the setting seems good

Snowy towns are always comfy, even if you're shooting people in them.

• Locked thread