Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

yeah also its like near future fema takeover with a well done nyc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that part does look cool

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

In Training posted:

When you dome a guy their head should blow off

Also game should slow down during headshots like dead to rights retribution.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

I'm DIVIDED as to weather to call this game a piece of CRAP or poo poo. :smugdog:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

I'm DIVIDED as to weather to call this game a piece of CRAP or poo poo. :smugdog:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
For the record, I think its gay when medieval games have enemies die to 18 sword cuts too. Every game should play like Die By The Sword

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

When you dome a guy their head should blow off

in soldier of fortune their head either explodes or the bullet caves in their face and blows out the back of their head depending on the gun you use

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Larry Parrish posted:

For the record, I think its gay when medieval games have enemies die to 18 sword cuts too. Every game should play like Die By The Sword

ya. it feels good to carve someone in half in a single blow

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

I don't mind it in action games where you are just generally striking an enemy, but when you have complete control over where the damage is gonna be it's harder to look past

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I was watching a feed of this the other day and thinking about the same thing, how its dumb in games when you shoot a guy in the head a thousand times and hes still rolling around. They should just replace health bars with armor bars, so that after you destroy someones armor you can like shoot them in the head once to kill them. That would make a lot more sense to me.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HORMELCHILI posted:

I was watching a feed of this the other day and thinking about the same thing, how its dumb in games when you shoot a guy in the head a thousand times and hes still rolling around. They should just replace health bars with armor bars, so that after you destroy someones armor you can like shoot them in the head once to kill them. That would make a lot more sense to me.

Mass effect 2 and 3 were mostly like this on humanoid enemies. Pitiful heath bars once you broke armor or shields.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

if you buy or play ubisoft games you're loving stupid! piece of poo poo! fuc k yuou!!!

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

mysterious loyall X posted:

if you buy or play ubisoft games you're loving stupid! piece of poo poo! fuc k yuou!!!

Ubishit (pronounced U be poo poo)

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I'm going to play it for the true new york experience as I stop in front of every in-game store or restaurant and complain to my group that the one in my neighborhood is so much better

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I think I've done all the PvE stuff and am heading to the Dark Zone for the first time... I'm enjoying it pretty well so far. I think the combat nailed the shooter/RPG hybrid thing pretty well, you still have to pay attention to your surroundings and make use of all your tools or you'll get murked in seconds like you'd expect from a Tom Clancy game, keeping the combat fast-paced, but it still manages to feel like an RPG rather than a shooter with a lame RPG skill tree tacked on like a lot of these things do. It's not blowing me away like I was hoping it would from the first previews but I still like it enough to get the full game when it comes out.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

I think I've done all the PvE stuff and am heading to the Dark Zone for the first time... I'm enjoying it pretty well so far. I think the combat nailed the shooter/RPG hybrid thing pretty well, you still have to pay attention to your surroundings and make use of all your tools or you'll get murked in seconds like you'd expect from a Tom Clancy game, keeping the combat fast-paced, but it still manages to feel like an RPG rather than a shooter with a lame RPG skill tree tacked on like a lot of these things do. It's not blowing me away like I was hoping it would from the first previews but I still like it enough to get the full game when it comes out.

i played this at my friends house on his computer and actually just ran at the computer bad guys and punched them and never died, so i dont think you really need to pay attention to your surroundings and use all of your tools. it was really dumb. also you cant even jump in this game. spacebar just loots stuff. lol

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Theres no need to jump in the post apocalypse. Keep your head down and your feet in the game.. I think thats how it goes. You go jumping around and you're worm food. Welcome to the jungle, kid, Population: hosed.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

Theres no need to jump in the post apocalypse. Keep your head down and your feet in the game.. I think thats how it goes. You go jumping around and you're worm food. Welcome to the jungle, kid, Population: hosed.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Larry Parrish posted:

Bushido Blade ftw

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

net cafe scandal posted:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

i played this at my friends house on his computer and actually just ran at the computer bad guys and punched them and never died, so i dont think you really need to pay attention to your surroundings and use all of your tools. it was really dumb. also you cant even jump in this game. spacebar just loots stuff. lol

That's really weird to me because me and the enemies were both completely toast if we got caught out in the open. Once I wasn't paying attention to my surroundings and a guy--regular enemy like one level above me, not a boss or anything--jumped out from behind a fence right next to me when I wasn't prepared and he killed me before I could draw a bead on him or make it to the cover a few yards away. The boss enemies with multiple health bars are the only ones in the game that make me feel like I'm not playing a typical TC game when I'm shooting.

E: and the lack of fatal headshots, of course.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

rediscover posted:

Normie punks gently caress off

Play it cool
Feb 2, 2016

net cafe scandal posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

Well yeah watch me *jumps away from this poo poo rear end game*

• Locked thread