Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Good news: Toyota have confirmed Kamui Kobyashi for their LMP1 program.

Better news: Toyota are running a white/red car instead of the stupid faux-Peugeot livery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It's nobody's fault that both Japan and Germany's racing colors are white.

What we really need is some French and American prototypes in, to add some blue to the mix.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I really am hopeful of racing series having full archives of TV broadcasts going back decades at some point. Mainly because I want to throw away my DVD collection.

(MotoGP has it going back since the 90s but some of the races are in awful sub-Youtube quality)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

H13 posted:

That was a bloody good race.

I'm completely unfamiliar with motorsport. I used to like F1, but now it sucks, I used to like the V8 Supercars which now sucks almost as much as F1, but this was a great race.

Is there a big GT3 league that I should be paying attention to?

IMSA GTD (GT3 specs) is good, but IMSA GTLM looks like it might be completely nuts this year.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Why would they kill the only good class

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
TCR looks intriguing but Bahrain is not a very inspiring track to kick off a season. I guess being an F1 support series is kinda cool though.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Second V8SC race at Symmons Plains was good stuff, worth seeking out.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Nah he was just real bad and got released

I don't know what Halfords Honda were expecting, it's cool that the guy nearly died and survived to race again and all, but he's been god-awful in every BTCC seat he's had

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
DPs had some of the best racing around from about '04-'07, before the grid numbers collapsed. I'll kinda miss them.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
they are, and manufacturer involvement is the specific reason they're moving away from the V8 image. fine by me since traditionally the ATCC had a shitload of engine types being run

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Top prototype class in boom-bust cycle shocker

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

CBJSprague24 posted:

The BTCC Hondas are the Red Cars of that series. I was hoping for a Tordoff upset of sorts.

nah TeamDynamics and especially Shedden are cool imo. the real villain is Plato

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
yeah, which was cool

e) Turks is one of the best drivers in the series and he's also one of the cleanest IMO. Shedden isn't bad either, they're probably my two favorite BTCC guys.

though honestly Turkington's been my favorite BTCC guy ever since I started watching in 2006 and he had the coolest looking car in the entire series

Feels Villeneuve fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Oct 14, 2016

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
also speaking of unlikable teams, I'm conflicted in Supercars this year, because I hate 888/Red Bull but I've always really loved SVG :ohdear:

If he wins the title I'll be happy honestly

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
SuperStars owned for like the two years it was a thing

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
WRC is bad.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'm actually going to confess that for whatever reason I find rallycross boring as poo poo

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
As much as I like the guys like McRae and Sainz, WRC should have always been a car-focused series rather than a star-driver focused series. People remember the Impreza, Lancer Evo, and the Celica GT-Four. Who the hell is going to remember the Hyundai i20 in ten years time?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Human Grand Prix posted:

Nobody even remembers the i20 now.

Really the emphasis on attracting more manufacturers with the World Rally Car is what did it. Completely removed the homogolation special element of the sport for what, the SEAT Cordoba? the Hyundai Accent?

(The Skoda Octavia is still cool though)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
WRC actually has a streaming service but you get like, four stages live and it's usually a lovely super-special at that.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
VW is rumored to be pulling out of the WRC. Joke series.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I liked that Hyundai were forced into running a five-door for some weird reason resulting in them accidentally making the first acceptable looking WRC car in about a decade.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The WRC is bad.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Turbo AWD cars are allowed if you make a thousand turbo AWD models. Per year.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
WTCC is trash.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
BTCC is good.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Laguna Seca is one of those tracks that's fantastic to drive but doesn't quite work as a race track because it's next to impossible to overtake on.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
TCR at Macau is on, already been three crashes and a red flag for people who like shitshows

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Macau is less a motor race and more performance art

e) i'm the guys in the Youtube chat who are shocked that a race at Macau is poorly organized

Feels Villeneuve fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Nov 20, 2016

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Red flag count-back rules sometimes lead to funny results like that (see: Bathurst '92)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

gret posted:

I also saw that Tordoff is leaving BTCC. I wonder where he's going.

Rumors was that Tordoff was taking up a day job, which is why he didn't seem that bothered about losing the title.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Love Vauxhalls, so happy about that. Looks a lot better than the Insignia that Jack Goff ran a few years back.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
WTCC is the worst racing series on earth, except maybe WRC.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It's like DTM but with worse tracks and less competition.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It's incredible how they don't get that touring cars almost always look like poo poo when you run them in places like Bahrain and Qatar.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I hate 888, but Van Gisbergen owns and has been the best driver in the series for a while, I'm glad he's exposed Whincup to be a fraud

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I like TCR but I don't know what they want to do here other than potentially kill touring car racing in the UK.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
OK, even as someone who prefers the Group A look, that's admirably bonkers

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

njsykora posted:

That car is ugly as sin. All the new WRC cars are because of all the little aero elements.

I mean, it's not like they're loving up a Celica GT-Four or a good looking car, it's a loving Yaris.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Yeah say what you want about STCC, they have decent tracks and going to TCR-spec might be positive.

• Locked thread