Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

This Geordie commentator is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

CactusWeasle posted:

I could listen to John Hindhaugh call rush hour traffic

e: I hope the Rolex 24 is half as awesome as the BMW200 was

Wut a greh-t battle we 'ad 'ere at Dey-tooona in the BMW Peh-fohmence two hoon-dred.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Tony Kanaan says green flag at 2:10 p.m., Jordan Taylor says 2:40 p.m. Which is it?

jammyozzy posted:

I didn't realise Daytona wasn't gonna be on Motors TV here in the UK so I'm bodging together a computer to play it on my TV instead of my tiny laptop screen like I usually end up doing. Is #nascar the official IRC channel for us to idle in while watching?

That's the channel I was going to use since I think it's typically the go to channel.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

C'mon in: https://client00.chat.mibbit.com/#nascar@irc.synirc.net

Also, Honda's going to stink up P. :drat:

And we're going to have like 15 hours of Ad Council PSAs, aren't we? I was just bombarded by that loving Love Has No Labels ad, backed up by Explore the Forest with the talking deer and then the kids going to Central Park. :fuckoff:

e- Briscoe gon' Briscoe :lol:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Jan 30, 2016

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Before I went to Staples, somebody in IRC asked how the 02 was going to somehow win this race.

Well, when the two Hondas who appeared to be ridiculously fast cancel each other out...

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Jonny Nox posted:

I just love how good this race is.

Eight and a half hours in and there is 8 seconds between 1st and 7th

aaaand Kanaan goes into the Garage. Great night for Ford!

What's more impressive is when you have 4-5 cars within 10-15 seconds of each other in the last couple hours, as was the case a couple years ago. Think it was the 01, 02, 10 and...maybe the Action Express car.

e- Door fell off the 62 Ferrari during a pit stop. Ferraris causing self-inflicted wounds now. :laffo:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

30 minutes ago, the 2 had like a 25 second lead over the 10. Now it's about two car lengths. :psyduck:

e- LEAD CHANGE. :laffo:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Too fast entering on the 2.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Hope Max is OK.

24 hours, with one class determined by .034 seconds.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Casey Atwood. Joey Logano. Sage Karam can wind up like one of them- either a washout or a success after regrouping somewhat and finding a new gear.

I get that Atwood got a bit of a bum deal from Evernham in the end, but both of those two stick out as getting hype like Karam.

KingShibby posted:

Just came across this gem out of the pics I took at the Rolex 24 this past weekend:

Link for size

The blue and white Konica Minolta logo on the front of the 10 was noticeably blackened from grit and it was awesome.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

It's almost over, but Formula E from Long Beach is live now on FS1.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

BTCC in the US starts next week at 9:00PM Eastern on CBSSN with the condensed Brands Hatch broadcast. Expect the rest of the broadcasts to be in the same time slots 9-10 days after the race runs.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I had to DVR BTCC and there was some softball draft or something live on CBSSN, so I'm going to have to wait to Saturday to catch Race 3 and probably the end of Race 2, but I love this series.

The first lap of Race 1, the battle for the lead on lap two of Race 2 effectively ending the days of both leaders, the marshal running out to pick up the debris with cars approaching rapidly. :allears:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Posting this before watching the IMSA race and ignoring possible spoilers, holy poo poo, that move by Ricky Taylor going into turn 1 on the first lap.

Also, gently caress you, CBSSN. I DVR'd BTCC again and got some dumbassed high school basketball talent contest. Probably gonna have to look up the results. :fuckoff:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

If anybody keeps forgetting Formula E exists (like me), apparently you can watch the races on demand somewhere on Time Warner Cable. While talking TV, if you're in the US and DVRing BTCC, set the program following it to record as well, because there's been CBSSN fuckery on both airings of Brands Hatch so far.

Also, Wayne Taylor Racing. :hellyeah:

And :lol: GTLM. That was a hell of a plot twist.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Apr 17, 2016

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Belle Isle is always fun with IMSA.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Is Jamie Howe a former driver? If not, why is she being used as a color analyst?

Looks like the broadcast crews for this are Varsha/Fish/Kendall, Till/Pruett/Howe.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Is John Hindhaugh working RLM?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Hindhaugh looks hungover:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIIPAXYIOng

e- Well, he did.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

BTCC from Croft on CBSSN now. Reairs at 11pm Eastern and a couple times this weekend.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Derani go boom.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Riso posted:

Italian reliability on track isn't exactly stellar but the Italians simply put their best engineers on racing and not designing a slightly better belt buckle.

Their engineers are too busy unfucking that little air bag issue.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

55 running that awesome retro scheme at Mosport again today.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

IMSA is a good as hell racin' series, y'all. That GTLM finish. :psyboom:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

GramCracker posted:

Any video clips up yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNSHhs7-Vsw&t=9671s

I haven't heard this with Hindhaugh yet, either. I'm betting it's tremendous.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I was a fan of the DP class when it was Rolex and was never interested in ALMS before the merger, but have slowly become more interested in GT under the IMSA merger, especially GTLM. That could be because the prototype class seems to be dying slowly, with only Action Express (formerly Brumos), WTR, and Spirit of Daytona of all teams (which, to their credit, have become a factor after being a backmarker in the 2000s) being the last teams standing from Rolex DP (Shank is still around, but they changed to the ALMS body style).

I remember when DP had 17-18 full-time cars in 2007 and 2008. Even a few years ago, they still had a bunch of cars and nearly all of them got a win (whatever year they last ran Indianapolis. 2013?).

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Yeah, I just saw this on DVR the other day. That was definitely a thing.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

This happened in the SCCA Trans-Am race I just watched on CBSSN because there was nothing else on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6offBLJl9R4&t=154s

The Corvette spun off, got it refired, and rolled backwards toward the corner where he tried to loop it back around on the pavement and it didn't work.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

WEC on FS2 now from COTA. I thought Calvin Fish was going to be flying solo on the call, but they're using RLM's commentary led by Jo'n 'ind'augh. :getin:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

gret posted:

Has FOX's stream been making GBS threads the bed for the past half hour or so for anyone else?

It's struggling right now. They had similar problems with their FS1 broadcast at CoTA, too.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

It's like when Mazda ran that diesel class and blew up each race. Except it's in P.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Held off posting this until Petit was over, but I've DVRed the last two BTCC highlight shows (Rockingham, Silverstone) to get caught up and they've reaffirmed why I love this series.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

The BTCC Hondas are the Red Cars of that series. I was hoping for a Tordoff upset of sorts.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

VikingSkull posted:

Jeff Gordon is taking the 4th seat in the DPi Cadillac with the Taylors and Max

Get the gently caress in. That was a fun team to be a fan of already. Now it's even moreso; I'd hoped Gordon would wind up back at WTR for the 24.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Is there a preliminary team list for WTSC in 2017?

Unrelated, I might go over for some of the Ferrari Mondiali stuff at DIS this weekend. Can anybody give me a quick and dirty rundown on the different classes running?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

You knew this was coming:

https://twitter.com/jordan10taylor/status/817122742218661888

Ok, Wayne. Start a second team, put Ricky in that car, and let's roll Jordan and Gordon full-time in the 10. :regd08:

gret posted:

Jeff looks like he's having entirely way too much fun. Maybe he'd like to do this full time.

Cygni posted:

Max Angelelli is going to retire after the 24

...and Angelelli was the third driver for Sebring and Petit.

You thinkin' what I'm thinkin'? :getin:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jan 7, 2017

• Locked thread