Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Luna Was Here posted:

Holy poo poo STOP loving POSTING ADDAMERE NO ONE LIKES YOU

Hurrrrrr I got banned for doing nothing but scoreboard dot jpeg and spam posting before but I'm sure THIS time it's gonna go real well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Nice meltdoawn

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i am truly 100% owned :)

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

yeah dude luna sure was being passive aggressive telling you that nobody likes you in all capitals. very subtle; understated aggression haha. good on you for catching on to those tiny clues

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

pog boyfriend posted:

yeah dude luna sure was being passive aggressive telling you that nobody likes you in all capitals. very subtle; understated aggression haha. good on you for catching on to those tiny clues

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
can you stop talking to methanar's alternative personality and like crop your poo poo

the Im the yellow trinkets is a ruined meme now.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
What the gently caress is this thread now

Anyway is Shaco's clone still buggy as hell after all these years and supposed fixes or is it just me? It often stands there doing nothing even if I target something

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

seriously tho please stop. i will literally never look at another one of these scoreboards so if you accidentally post a good one its very likely no one will notice.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

pahuyuth posted:

What the gently caress is this thread now

Anyway is Shaco's clone still buggy as hell after all these years and supposed fixes or is it just me? It often stands there doing nothing even if I target something
You're supposed to control his clone separately if you're not already by mashing R.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Yeah that's what I'm doing, using R to target

really though the best reason to play Shaco is to taunt and tilt with his worm dance. I don't know why but it seems that animation really sets people off more than say, Lux's laugh

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

pahuyuth posted:

Yeah that's what I'm doing, using R to target

really though the best reason to play Shaco is to taunt and tilt with his worm dance. I don't know why but it seems that animation really sets people off more than say, Lux's laugh

Use alt click instead

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
i enjoy my time in the moba ghetto and am super chill and cool

i love leaguje of legends!

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

its curtains for Kevin posted:

i enjoy my time in the moba ghetto and am super chill and cool

i love leaguje of legends!

It's a fun game. It's shame about all the people who play it.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Why the actual gently caress do people keep dodging ARAM lobbies

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

JerryLee posted:

drat, we have Ashe, Caitlyn, Ziggs, and Lux but I just don't want to play Poppy sorry guys I'm dodging

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Silver 2 Promos here we goooo

Almost Gold gently caress yeah get at me..Addamere play Malzahar you're welcome :D

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

JerryLee posted:

Because they keep getting a random champion instead of the one they wanted to play.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I am trying to learn league and uh... game hard.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Turtlicious posted:

They've kind of stopped making the game as easy to access because every new champion does 13 different things, your best bet is to watch streamers while you learn or join us in watching the World Championships (Which is going on right now on lolesports.com) and joining us in the Competitive thread

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I can't find the competitive thread!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Bleck posted:

I can't find the competitive thread!
Here you go!

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Thank you~

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Turtlicious posted:

Train yourself to keep a eye on the mini map, drill it into your head to look at the map while your killing minions, your looking for what you don't see as much as what you do see, just glance for enemy head icons and where your ally head icons at to get a gist of whats going on.

Learn champion cooldowns even if you got to wiki your lane opponents character during loading to know what they are, you need to know for how long a opponents CC/blink or best move will be on cooldown so you can go aggressive on them and when to prepare to dodge it coming back up.

Practice last hitting, the ideal is hitting 100 cs in 10 minutes in a even lane, at the very least try and get 5 out of 6 minions when alone in a lane, unless a ability is the only way to get the minion in time, try to avoid blowing important cooldowns on minions if your opponent can take advantage of that downtime.

Get used to playing with quickcast so you only need to press a button once to fire a skill, makes landing skillshots far easier, otherwise you'll keep aiming where they used to be from the delay.

Bind the extra 5 pings to keys you can easily use so you can get your teammates to do what you need to them to do, or to spam question marks on them when they do something dumb.

Try every champion a few times, try and find a play style you like and play champs similar to that, check sites like https://lolalytics.com/ranked/worldwide/platinum/plus/grid/ to both figure out what you should be building on the champion for the best success and to check the numbers to figure out what is currently the most played or highest winrate, ideally try and avoid champs that hover around a 45% winrate until a patch gives them some love.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

JerryLee posted:

I have three accounts precisely so I never have to play Skarner, Udyr, Bard or Ivern in ARAM.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

at one point in my game i was 0-7 and kindred was 1-7 because she kept invading for marks when we saw them all going towards it

i kept trying to help get her out safely but she would instead keep going towards the mark and we would both die

we finally started coming back, winning teamfights, etc.

she tried to solo baron at 36 minutes while we were healing and the enemy killed her and took the baron, which she kindly leashed for them

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

JerryLee posted:

for the same reason people actually make aram only accounts

Sneaky Wombat
Jan 9, 2010

Over the wonderful weekend, I managed to go 2-20 in my ranked games. Someone suggested to stop spamming syndra and maybe play malz or lux. I won those 2 games back to back, and I never played lux before.
I think lux is stupid easy though, her kit is pretty intitive, and I learned how missing Q can make you dieeeee.

Also, Addamere made me go thresh top since Mundo goes where he pleases. You could say I learned a few lessons.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Turtlicious posted:

Play one champion in one role and learn the game through that one champion as a baseline. Boom, you're now higher ranked than 80% of the players in the world automatically.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Teikanmi posted:

Play one champion in one role and learn the game through that one champion as a baseline. Boom, you're now higher ranked than 80% of the players in the world automatically.

yup

Sneaky Wombat
Jan 9, 2010

I was under the impression that you had to be well rounded in your champion selection, but I think that is false now that you can queue for what you want.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

pog boyfriend posted:

for the same reason people actually make aram only accounts

I have no respect for people who have aram only accounts

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sneaky Wombat posted:

I was under the impression that you had to be well rounded in your champion selection, but I think that is false now that you can queue for what you want.
learn a champ or two for each role, with an emphasis on champs that can go in multiple lanes. grats youre now well-roundd

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Sneaky Wombat posted:

Learning one champion ends up teaching you a lot of transferable skills, and those skills are easier to pick up when you can handle the basic mechanics of your champion without thinking too hard about it. As an example, if you start getting good at a champion, you'll be reflexively able to cs and push without losing cs, so you can learn more about when to push than you could if you were getting wrapped up in how to kill three casters without losing any melees.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

henkman posted:

I have no respect for people who have aram only accounts

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
spreading out and trying new poo poo in ranked games is the best way to tank your winrate. stick with one or two champions and spam them, you will rise quickly, and like others have said less focus on your characters' specific mechanics means you can focus on transferable skills like CSing, map awareness, split pushing, objectives, etc.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

How Rude posted:

spreading out and trying new poo poo in ranked games is the best way to tank your winrate. stick with one or two champions and spam them, you will rise quickly, and like others have said less focus on your characters' specific mechanics means you can focus on transferable skills like CSing, map awareness, split pushing, objectives, etc.

this is true and i know from experience

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
don't ask someone who just started to play ranked. ranked is bad.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
we are talking to sneaky wombat who just purchased syndra and had a big losing streak in ranked.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
oh phew. carry on, then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneaky Wombat
Jan 9, 2010

How Rude posted:

Yeah, I am learning this the hardway. I wanted to say, "no you can do this MY way" but that will just lead to a lot of losses and frustration.

• Locked thread