Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Pulled off my first Xpeke backdoor last night as Jungle Graves. Their team comp was better than ours, and we had no real initiation. At one point their whole team was pushing our toplane and I had a flash of inspiration. Told my team to stop them from backing, snuck through the enemy jungle and took down the inhib + nexus by myself. Their gnar managed to teleport back but he just wasn't able to kill me fast enough. (god bless you steraks gage)

What a beautiful good feel. My rift sense is improving.

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Apr 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
I think the muscle memory of backing up all the loving time when graves fires Q at me accounts for taking so much unneeded damage when I could just walk slightly to the left or right of the initial little line. That being said, crushing his skull in with noted 48% winrate champion Pantheon jungle feels pretty good.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Crushing Graves as Patheon is always good

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i dont think ive seen one graves top all patch. ekko is banned every game so i dont know where they all went.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Since when did Vel'koz have the highest winrate for mid? 53.54%, then Pantheon.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

Is there a good guide/playlist that shows all the Champs and their abilities? The in-game hero page isn't detailed at all.

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB

ThePeavstenator posted:

Is there a good guide/playlist that shows all the Champs and their abilities? The in-game hero page isn't detailed at all.

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/League_of_Legends_Wiki

That has all the necessary details. Any time I need info I just google "Lol wiki [champ name]" and click the first link.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbAFXJC0J5GaVjPNNw_i-oLNKc7bVQcF

Not up-to-date though. Also maybe a bit too lengthy if you just want the basics.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

Also is there a website that tracks stats like Dotabuff for Dota 2?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

https://www.champion.gg

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

also http://na.op.gg for player stats if that's what you're looking for

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

lucifirius posted:

he's been around 52-53% for basically his entire existence, there's just always been some other mage that was higher before now, so he flew under the radar

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

This was such a ridiculous, improbable 2v3. I had to commemorate it. It may have been my best leona ult ever, if not my very best play.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Tales of Woe posted:

he's been around 52-53% for basically his entire existence, there's just always been some other mage that was higher before now, so he flew under the radar

I mean yeah he's pretty balanced and has been since release, I think they've only worked a tiny bit on his scalings. Could it be that since they gave him a new skin people have to buy it and then play him a lot, therefore the winrate goes up just by being played more?

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

lucifirius posted:

He's relatively unpopular but is deadly in skilled hands. He's contradictory in that he's unsafe and vulnerable but has a combo that decimates engagements if they're too predictable.

In lane, he overpowers most other mages regardless of their ranges and only really has particular trouble with the more unpredictable assassins like Zed and Ekko.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
So I've been playing Top Sion for the past week (not really a fan of jungling in general so haven't tried that out with him yet) and have been doing pretty well, I've seen a lot of advice to do the "dying to a camp, using your passive to kill the camp and then porting top with gold and level 2 as your advantage" thing but it's never worked out well for me. Is that still a thing worth doing and I'm just doing it wrong or is it outdated advice?

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
They made it so doing a camp without a jungle item (and you can't get one without smite) doesn't give you level 2 anymore, so doing that as sion probably isn't worth the time

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

if the enemy jungler starts blue you can take their red for level 2 and a buff when you tp back to lane.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

lucifirius posted:

Vel'koz is really loving good. He has nearly everything you want out of a midlaner: crazy damage, easy wave clear, CC.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Sexpansion posted:

Vel'koz is really loving good. He has nearly everything you want out of a midlaner: crazy damage, easy wave clear, CC.

Also: Skillshots, no mobility, squishy as hell, high rotation cooldowns, skillshots, high mana costs, singular build path and skillshots,

Heehee Hartlocks
Feb 9, 2012

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

looks like im back in the game BOYS

none of us got a chest or key fragment

Heehee Hartlocks fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Apr 11, 2016

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Heehee Hartlocks posted:

none of us got a chest or key fragment

I get chests like all the time, I can't remember the last time I got a key fragment. The drop rate seems really low.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

the drop rate is exponential and resets every month

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I don't believe key fragments really exist.

Radical posted:

It's April now and I still haven't gotten a single fragment since mid-March!

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i dont think its a hard reset at the start of the month but i didnt see anyone from riot go into detail on it

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Radical posted:

Guess I'll just have to... play exponentially more games, then. :hellyeah: :yeah:

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

they also said there isnt a hard cap but im 100% sure that was bullshit

edit: or its broken

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Radical posted:

if the enemy jungler starts blue you can take their red for level 2 and a buff when you tp back to lane.

doing this makes you bar none the biggest piece of poo poo in existence and will guarantee I will come toplane tears streaming down my eyes at level 3 with just a blue buff and kill you over and over

or the much more likely scenario you will have my laner forced under his tower with a billion creeps under it and i'll die trying to kill you because sion does a lot more damage at low levels than anyone could possibly think about :mad:

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Sexpansion posted:

Guess I'll just have to... play exponentially more games, then. :hellyeah: :yeah:

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

I don't believe key fragments really exist.

It's April now and I still haven't gotten a single fragment since mid-March!

It's anecdotal evidence but I got a ton of key fragments the first week, Hadn't seen one in a solid 2-3 weeks, And just got 3 last night. So I'm pretty sure theres some underlying reset mechanic

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

The Crusher posted:

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/League_of_Legends_Wiki

That has all the necessary details. Any time I need info I just google "Lol wiki [champ name]" and click the first link.

If you are using Chrome or Firefox you can right click on the search bar on that site and make a custom search for league wiki like "lw [searchterm]" which will then shortcut it whenever you type it in the top bar. Useful for pretty much any reference site.

Maxmaps
Oct 21, 2008

Not actually a shark.
Here's some info on Key Fragments and their droprates, for the curious

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Sexpansion posted:

AHH FUGH posted:

Also: Skillshots, no mobility, squishy as hell, high rotation cooldowns, skillshots, high mana costs, singular build path and skillshots,

a medical mystery posted:

He's relatively unpopular but is deadly in skilled hands. He's contradictory in that he's unsafe and vulnerable but has a combo that decimates engagements if they're too predictable.

In lane, he overpowers most other mages regardless of their ranges and only really has particular trouble with the more unpredictable assassins like Zed and Ekko.

Vel'koz is fun. And yeah, he has trouble with mobility and assassins, but if you're in any way predictable then he can capitalize on it. He's really bursty and if you max W then you can clear waves easily. He's one of my most favorite champions, but it sucks because he's not the best against a lot of matchups that are popular such as Zed or Ekko.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

re: the earlier discussion about champ shards being pointless for people who already have all the champions, in the thread when asked about it they said:

"The champion complaint is totally legit. We have a solution in the works and are going to add alternative uses for champion shards and/or blue essence in the future."

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Just like how soloq is coming.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

remember like 4 years ago when yorick was going to be reworked

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

That's about right. I'm playing an assassin after all...

Oh.

EDIT: 19 armor penetration rune page and fervor for masteries.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
i'm more amazed that veigar played and didn't feed his rear end off

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

NTT posted:

i'm more amazed that veigar played and didn't feed his rear end off

Please do not be mean to headline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Ezreal of Arabia greets you, Platinum goon division

• Locked thread