Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Anyone wanna tell me what I'm probably doing wrong in teamfights as nocturne?

I have a pretty good early game usually (unless something bad happens) but I mean I generally go something decent like 2/1/2 or like 1/1/4 or sometimes something nuts like 4/0/3 or whatever, but anyway, I find later on after laning is over even though I have like the red smite sword with warrior, and ghostblade, and like DMP or something I still get blown up before I can kill the adc in teamfights most times. Should I like wait way late until the peelers go do something else? I usually try to turn my ult on as soon as they engage because I want to get max value from the vision loss but I find that if I go in like immediately I just get blown up by eating everyone's cc before I can kill the adc or whatever.

It's funny because I used to play adc and even as like Caitlyn I would just insta die to nocturne every fight so I can't figure out what they were doing that I"m not. Maybe I wasn't sticking close enough to my team or whatever.

I'll upload some replays and maybe people can critique or something, but like in general what should Nocturne be doing during teamfights? Should I just hang around the front line to peel for a bit and then only try to ult on the backline when people start getting scattered?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who
Dec 29, 2000
Was wondering if anyone has tried this build yet, and if so, what are your thoughts on it.

With 8 stacks of rageblade and W up you have 5.00 attack speed, and one time I killed Lux while she was casting her ult from 100% to 0. The only downside is it's a bit slow to get going, but once you have rageblade + hurricane it really kicks in.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Who posted:

Was wondering if anyone has tried this build yet, and if so, what are your thoughts on it.

With 8 stacks of rageblade and W up you have 5.00 attack speed, and one time I killed Lux while she was casting her ult from 100% to 0. The only downside is it's a bit slow to get going, but once you have rageblade + hurricane it really kicks in.

You forgot Smite.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Stefan Prodan posted:

I have a pretty good early game usually (unless something bad happens) but I mean I generally go something decent like 2/1/2 or like 1/1/4 or sometimes something nuts like 4/0/3 or whatever, but anyway, I find later on after laning is over even though I have like the red smite sword with warrior, and ghostblade, and like DMP or something I still get blown up before I can kill the adc in teamfights most times. Should I like wait way late until the peelers go do something else? I usually try to turn my ult on as soon as they engage because I want to get max value from the vision loss but I find that if I go in like immediately I just get blown up by eating everyone's cc before I can kill the adc or whatever.

It's funny because I used to play adc and even as like Caitlyn I would just insta die to nocturne every fight so I can't figure out what they were doing that I"m not. Maybe I wasn't sticking close enough to my team or whatever.

I'll upload some replays and maybe people can critique or something, but like in general what should Nocturne be doing during teamfights? Should I just hang around the front line to peel for a bit and then only try to ult on the backline when people start getting scattered?

Nocturne doesn't do great as a glass cannon unless you have someone else to initiate. Nocts ultimate is great for initiation but your offensive items should pretty much stop after ghostblade. If you have someone else who is better at tanky initiation you are free to build damage and save your ultimate for picking people off or cleaning up. Also make sure you're spell shielding the right poo poo.

Turkeybro
Nov 12, 2011

Looking for strong men to discover what's under the helmet.

Who posted:

Is Lulu Viable?

Ive been doing a ton of research and lulu top is a great pick,I'm wondering this since bronze players are bad is lulu a good pick 4 solo queue in bronze because u must rely on others on your team to do most of the damage?

What is lulu dps with rageblade like?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Mystery Prize posted:

So Udyr with the new AP jungler item is actually kind of good. It gives him crazy fast clear speed and the movespeed means he's basically impossible to run away from unless you can chain ranged CC on him.

Stalker's + Runic Echoes
Swiftness + Alacrity
Iceborne OR Trinity (gotta go faster)
Dead Man's Plate
Spirit Visage
insert tank item of choice

I might have to try this since I like Udyr but am so so terrible at farming enough early to get sated.

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich

Tequila Sunrise posted:

I played him a few times and it didn't seem like it included the slow, just about a 1 second windup then the detonation. I could be wrong though cause I wasn't paying close attention.

It does, exactly the same as a normal trap.

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich

Turkeybro posted:

Is Lulu Viable?

Ive been doing a ton of research and lulu top is a great pick,I'm wondering this since bronze players are bad is lulu a good pick 4 solo queue in bronze because u must rely on others on your team to do most of the damage?

What is lulu dps with rageblade like?

Lulu is strong in the right hands, but mostly strong against people who know how to play aggressive since she's an anti-Assassin. Do Bronze players know how to play aggressive?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Who posted:

It's more reliable out of the jungle. Devourer-Rageblade-Hurricane-Wits End-BotRK is great.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

This just in: don't build Runic Echoes on Udyr it's dumb and bad.

Instead, be good and have two Udyr pages (yes that's right) so you can decide which build path to take.

Tiger Udyr (Warrior Enchant)
+ Incredibly strong dueling potential all levels
+ High physical damage is front-loaded into an AA buff which can be applied in any stance (as long as the Tiger Attack buff is still up)
+ Can tag enemies with Tiger Attack to apply damage and back off
- First clear is slightly slower than Phoenix Udyr (by ~8 seconds)
- Pure physical damage dealer, which isn't always good in the League of Attack Damage meta

Phoenix Udyr (Devourer Enchant)
+ Very strong clear speed that only gets even faster (Pro Tip: Phoenix Udyr can do Small Camp-Buff Camp-Small Camp-Buff Camp by the time most junglers go Small Buff Small)
+ Mixed damage (favors magic), which is favored in the meta
+ Strong wave-clear and high-sustained damage make him a strong split-pusher
- Dueling potential is typically lower than Tiger, and typically more situational (ie. who you are dueling)
- Damage output is tied to multiple auto attacks, making Phoenix Udyr more susceptible to strong kite comps

The ~SUPER SECRET TECH~ for Udyr is 10% CDR from runes (blues and one quint). Why? Because you want to hit 40% ASAP to maximize stance up-times. Additionally, the early impact of 10% CDR (and 20% with blue) it's extremely noticeable: you can use just one stance button to clear camps without dropping your passive (this makes clears safe and easy and less reliant on Turtle Stance for sustain).

12/0/18 are the masteries you probably want to run if you plan on ganking early and/or countering (which you want to do, you are Udyr), although 0/12/18 is also fine.

Max Bear Stance second. That's right, second. Turtle Stance is your Trap Stance early. One point is fine for early clears and/or aggressive Dragon/Baron (or baby Baron), but beyond that it's not worth the whopping 40 shield value and 2% life steal per rank. Bear on the other hand gives 5% move speed and .25s buff duration per rank which is what makes you crazy fast (25% and + 1.25s duration over 5 levels).

The new jungle items gives you nothing you want but movespeed, but just by leveling your poo poo properly you get the crazy movespeed anyways AND you can even have good stats on your jungle item!

Zerilan posted:

I might have to try this since I like Udyr but am so so terrible at farming enough early to get sated.
The solution to this is to get better at knowing when to farm and when to gank (it's really easy), and aggressively pursue objectives like Rift Herald (comically easy) and Dragon for your free 5 stacks, rather than build a gimmick.

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

Who posted:

I don't know how good the Phantom Dancer is in that build, and BoRK feels really poo poo so it might be worth avoiding even on Kog.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I want to play against the people who see Kogmaw jungle and don't kill him at his first and second buff and every other camp afterwards

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Mikujin posted:

Instead, be good and have two Udyr pages (yes that's right) so you can decide which build path to take.
Assuming you mean runes: what do you have on those pages, exactly?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Firebert posted:

I want to play against the people who see Kogmaw jungle and don't kill him at his first and second buff and every other camp afterwards

I think you mean the people who see Kogmaw jungle and get dumpstered at his first buff because they think they're hot poo poo as Lee Sin or some scrub character who can counterjungle him.

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!

Stefan Prodan posted:

First a checklist: Are you using shield correctly when going in? Are you landing your Q on the ADC, and preferably the fear as well? Are you running Thunderlords?

When I'm on Nocturne and we're having proper 5v5 teamfights, I like to wait for people to commit to the fight and then jump on the carry (preferably from out of vision). Sometimes diving a well-protected ADC can be the correct thing to do, for instance: You've built full damage and they have no shields or heals so you have a chance to instantly burst them regardless of their help, or you feel like your team will win the other half of the fight that isn't you vs the backline in which case you can die to keep them busy for a while.

Don't think of your ult as utility if that is costing you opportunities to kill carries. Nocturne is in a good place with item builds that he can go a lot of different ways and understanding how much damage to build and when versus getting tanky is always going to depend on the situation. I would also recommend just not picking him into very strong peel, or ADCs that can self-peel, or god forbid both because you won't have as good a time and a different champion could perform better. You're picking him to either kill the back line or zone them.

Ideally you don't teamfight at all and get to spend all game picking off stupid ADCs splitpushing bot forever

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

The Shortest Path posted:

I think you mean the people who see Kogmaw jungle and get dumpstered at his first buff because they think they're hot poo poo as Lee Sin or some scrub character who can counterjungle him.

I am pretty sure if Lee shows up at Kog's red and autos him without moving or hitting a skill shot he'll just kill him 100% of the time.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Killed By Death posted:

Assuming you mean runes: what do you have on those pages, exactly?

The pages are similar save the reds. For both, use:
  • Armor Seals - Flat or Scaling work fine, so use whichever you have. I prefer scaling since they hit parity at 6 and then only get stronger, and since jungle camps don't beat you up hard enough to be concerned about it.
  • Cooldown Reduction Glyphs - Flat. As mentioned, this is how you get to that magical 10% number at level 1.
  • Cooldown Reduction and TO TASTE Quints - Run 1 CDR quint for the remaining 2.5% CDR you'll need, and then put what you want in the remaining slots. I prefer movespeed since I like to go fast, but people just starting out may prefer to be more conservative until they're used to what Udyr does. In that case, fill your remaining slots with the same rune type as whatever is in your marks.

Tiger Stance - Flat AD Marks (and Quints, if you aren't using move speed). Udyr's Q is fortunate enough to come with a great attack speed steroid, so supplement that with flat AD (to accompany Q's also very strong AD ratios Q (15% on hit always + 60-80% active total AD).
Phoenix Stance - Attack Speed Marks. The usefulness of Phoenix Stance in the jungle is gated entirely on how fast Udyr can punch things three times, and attack speed helps him do that (ideally you get the initial activation wave + one punch wave before activating another stance, or just reactivating this one).

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Mikujin posted:

Tiger Udyr (Warrior Enchant)
+ Incredibly strong dueling potential all levels
+ High physical damage is front-loaded into an AA buff which can be applied in any stance (as long as the Tiger Attack buff is still up)
+ Can tag enemies with Tiger Attack to apply damage and back off
- First clear is slightly slower than Phoenix Udyr (by ~8 seconds)
- Pure physical damage dealer, which isn't always good in the League of Attack Damage meta

Phoenix Udyr (Devourer Enchant)
+ Very strong clear speed that only gets even faster (Pro Tip: Phoenix Udyr can do Small Camp-Buff Camp-Small Camp-Buff Camp by the time most junglers go Small Buff Small)
+ Mixed damage (favors magic), which is favored in the meta
+ Strong wave-clear and high-sustained damage make him a strong split-pusher
- Dueling potential is typically lower than Tiger, and typically more situational (ie. who you are dueling)
- Damage output is tied to multiple auto attacks, making Phoenix Udyr more susceptible to strong kite comps

The ~SUPER SECRET TECH~ for Udyr is 10% CDR from runes (blues and one quint). Why? Because you want to hit 40% ASAP to maximize stance up-times. Additionally, the early impact of 10% CDR (and 20% with blue) it's extremely noticeable: you can use just one stance button to clear camps without dropping your passive (this makes clears safe and easy and less reliant on Turtle Stance for sustain).

12/0/18 are the masteries you probably want to run if you plan on ganking early and/or countering (which you want to do, you are Udyr), although 0/12/18 is also fine.

Max Bear Stance second. That's right, second. Turtle Stance is your Trap Stance early. One point is fine for early clears and/or aggressive Dragon/Baron (or baby Baron), but beyond that it's not worth the whopping 40 shield value and 2% life steal per rank. Bear on the other hand gives 5% move speed and .25s buff duration per rank which is what makes you crazy fast (25% and + 1.25s duration over 5 levels).

The new jungle items gives you nothing you want but movespeed, but just by leveling your poo poo properly you get the crazy movespeed anyways AND you can even have good stats on your jungle item!

The solution to this is to get better at knowing when to farm and when to gank (it's really easy), and aggressively pursue objectives like Rift Herald (comically easy) and Dragon for your free 5 stacks, rather than build a gimmick.

I'd like to play a build of Udyr that never leaves my own jungle, never goes to a lane other than to take CS, and spams chat about how bad my team is. What murder weapon do you suggest?

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

I like this champ already

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

el dingo posted:

i miss the days when people would say this because i picked fiora or quinn :(

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

kingcobweb posted:

I'd like to play a build of Udyr that never leaves my own jungle, never goes to a lane other than to take CS, and spams chat about how bad my team is. What murder weapon do you suggest?

Attack speed reds attack speed yellows attack speed blues attack speed quints and this new jungle item that's too good to pass up on.

E: Don't forget to max turtle stance ASAP for all the sweet sustain

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Mikujin posted:

Attack speed reds attack speed yellows attack speed blues attack speed quints and this new jungle item that's too good to pass up on.

that rune setup is the dunkmaster yi forbidden technique

forged in the toxic fires of bronze v...

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Who posted:

It does completely insane amounts of damage but you don't have a laning phase and you better hope your entire team comp is built around protecting you. Nashor's tooth or Wit's end are also probably better than the phantom dancer in that build.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Sometimes your back just breaks when people can't be carried, featuring me Sated by 11 minutes and a Lucian who got a double kill at level 2 and then couldn't win his lane afterwards (some people can't handle all that pressure!).

To be fair though our Orianna was pretty awful and I out-damaged my whole team by plenty on my quest to kill everyone and everything and help my team be rad and win. Sadly, we didn't win, because our Lucian refused to participate in team fights because I was a "poo poo jungler who can't gank" (dropped that gem when I was 4-0-3 having killed mid, top, jungler, and roaming support, and of course after he died in lane for the however-many-ieth time after getting free money).

Remember kids, when you lose the game, it always the jungler's fault.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

el dingo posted:

do you play and post on the same mobile phone?

Mikujin posted:

Sometimes your back just breaks when people can't be carried

Seraphroy
Jun 24, 2010

Jesus shit that Steelix is terrifying.
Finally decided to log in and see my Lunar Revel Shop:

Urfrider Corki for sure I guess, maybe Graves/Cait?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
don't die 13 times

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
yeah its really hard to not die when they have 2 champs that are great at blowing up the backline and you have 3 tanks that are braindead clueless

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
picture carefully excises your item build of six deathcaps

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Luna Was Here posted:

do you play and post on the same mobile phone?

sometimes, people opt to convey a point in a direct manner instead of being a total spaz

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

A Stupid Baby posted:

sometimes, people opt to convey a point in a direct manner instead of being a total spaz

i DoNt KnOw WhAt YoUrE tAlKiNg AbOuT

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
Luna, did that game actually happen? None of those names in the picture show any games played like that recently, or is that a picture you've been keeping in your pocket for the right time to post or something? I don't get it

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

rabidsquid posted:

Jhin looks fun and I look forward to running out of bullets and whiffing my Xerath ult frequently

Yeah I'm actually kind of excited about a new champion what's going on.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Gibberish posted:

Luna, did that game actually happen? None of those names in the picture show any games played like that recently, or is that a picture you've been keeping in your pocket for the right time to post or something? I don't get it

I think he posted the same picture like3 months ago

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Gibberish posted:

yeah

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
This game was a lesson in how not to build end-game Lux and I apologize:

I think there are two obvious mistakes with this build, can you spot them?

My take: Athene's should have been Morellonomicon against all those tanks, and Zhonya's probably should have gotten swapped for LIandry's.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Feb 1, 2016

Mottie
Mar 30, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

My take: Athene's should have been Morellonomicon against all those tanks, and Zhonya's probably should have gotten swapped for LIandry's.

The reason we lost that game was because I have no idea how to team fight or deal with tanks diving me properly and the one diana q I ate in 55 minutes deleted me. It was still a good game through
I regret selling my boots for a PD.

Also Garen ultid me for 1000 true damage.
Counterplay!

Mottie fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Feb 1, 2016

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Mottie posted:

The reason we lost that game was because I have no idea how to team fight or deal with tanks diving me properly and the one diana q I ate in 55 minutes deleted me. It was still a good game through
I regret selling my boots for a PD.

Counterplay!

I made so many big mistakes. I basically died twice for literally no reason, including one Jinx rocket that I easily could have dodged and one braindead moment of walking up to dragon while the enemy team was doing it, again for basically no reason (I thought I was going to steal it or something, which was dumb because we had no vision).

Mottie posted:

Counterplay!

lol, 60 minute Garen is fun! I did literally no damage to him.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Feb 1, 2016

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
Uh, if anyone was wondering about really terrible and bad ideas Shen's 3 hit thingy gains the effects from both Rylai's and Liandry's. I think the extra AP worked out to be roughly 2-3% extra hp per hit and the shield got another 280 on that, plus the 700 health. I mean it's probably a terrible idea even if that also gives you mpen for your sunfire and from you can just hulk out with a warmogs and lucy's and your choice of something useful or just going full clownshoes with the windu's end..

I mean, it's probably and definitely a really terrible build but nonetheless I guarantee it will work and is really good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

Your mistake was not getting Ludens echo, a great Lux item for mobility, waveclear and bursting people you catch and that Frostfang and Grail are a either-or thing, you don't take both, if you have maximum gold you can sell frostfang for a 20% CDR mana item, your only real threat on the enemy team is diana and and naut jumping into your face at the same time, you can kite everyone else and both of those could be completely neutralized by getting a banshee which none of them would be able to pop so Naut would never be able to ult you.

I imagine you were a prime target for Naut ulting which gave time for the melee to rush into you while you hourglassed it.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Feb 1, 2016

• Locked thread