Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Your mistake was not getting Ludens echo, a great Lux item for mobility, waveclear and bursting people you catch and that Frostfang and Grail are a either-or thing, you don't take both, if you have maximum gold you can sell frostfang for a 20% CDR mana item, your only real threat on the enemy team is diana and and naut jumping into your face at the same time, you can kite everyone else and both of those could be completely neutralized by getting a banshee which none of them would be able to pop so Naut would never be able to ult you.

I imagine you were a prime target for Naut ulting which gave time for the melee to rush into you while you hourglassed it.

I actually had luden's until the lategame, when I sold it for... void I think? I agree that Athene's + FF is probably too much mana regen. Maybe I should have kept the luden's, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I played Nautilus mid and I think it's my new go-to this season over Malphite/Zac since they take a lot longer to ramp up now. Had to go tanky because we had Teemo/Pantheon/Sona so no real tank, but up until I had to go defensive I was like 4/0 at some point. Early wave clear on AP Nautilus is amazing so he can push up and roam and beat the snot out of any other lane he pleases because he has so much CC. He feels good as a hybrid tank, so I think full AP Nautilus would be a (deep) terror to deal with.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Had 2 games today where I had the most wins on my team (a staggering 183) and the lowest on their team was 500. Others were 1k or more. One of my guys was lvl 27

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
What are people building on Lux now? I really value 45% cdr so I go morello and grail into sorc/void/deathcap/hourglass in whatever order is appropriate, but sometimes I feel like grail is a waste and I'm not sure where else to get the cdr. FQC and cdr boots?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Taciturn Tactician posted:

What are people building on Lux now? I really value 45% cdr so I go morello and grail into sorc/void/deathcap/hourglass in whatever order is appropriate, but sometimes I feel like grail is a waste and I'm not sure where else to get the cdr. FQC and cdr boots?

Sexpansion posted:

I actually had luden's until the lategame, when I sold it for... void I think? I agree that Athene's + FF is probably too much mana regen. Maybe I should have kept the luden's, too.

Yeah, Voidstaff should be your 3rd or 4th purchase, not your max gold selling a item purchase, the correct itemization choices could of had your team win the game before it got to the max gold stage.

The Lux build I've gone on a 90% winstreak with over afew dozen games has usually gone like this.

Dorans/Biscuits > on first back priority on first buy is Frostfang >OR Morello if against heavy healing >OR Grail if against AP burst like Leblanc.
if vs a aggressive heavy burst/wave clear champ where one of us is going to die before I go OOM, get a large rod on first back and finish ludens early and get second dorans for mana regen and finish a CDR/Mana item after luden.
Your core build is going to be having Luden/mana CDR item/CDR Boots/Dorans ring by around the 20 minute mark, after which you rush Rabadon for the massive AP spike which can keep you and your team alive with shield strength, followed by Voidstaff.
If your against a team that can't touch you except for that one guy with a long CD CC ult, get a banshee before voidstaff, a example would be the enemy team has Malphite, Naut, or someone like Leblanc who is trying to assassinate you with a sudden burst.

For boot enchant, grab Alacrity when you got the funds, with Luden you'll walk around with 430 movement speed and just be completely unreachable for any run of the mill bruisers and can quickly position to get off a good Q>R one shot on a squishy target.

And don't be afraid to blow your ult right away as soon as the root hits your opponent in lane, it's a short cooldown and forcing someone play defensively after taking huge guaranteed damage is better then dying without the chance to use it because the other guy was still able to play aggressively because he didn't lose 50% of his health suddenly.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Someone asked earlier about shen support: The new sword mechanic stuff takes a bit of getting used to, particularly in regards to his new W. Stopping the adcs autos on your adc can obviously be a big game changer but you kinda have to try set up the position of the sword ahead of time.

Other stuff: I found myself running out of energy more than usual, so think before you Q as his other 2 standard abilities will probably be of more use.

Taunt has a long cool down so it's probably worth maxing first. He still has the same problem of finding CDR without wasting stats

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Your mistake was not getting Ludens echo, a great Lux item for mobility, waveclear and bursting people you catch and that Frostfang and Grail are a either-or thing, you don't take both

FQC, Morellos, Lucidity boots is completely fine on Lux because she values CDR so highly

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Cuck

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Firebert posted:

FQC, Morellos, Lucidity boots is completely fine on Lux because she values CDR so highly

I wasn't saying not to take a mana/CDR item, I was saying you have to pick morello grail or frostfang, you can only take one.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
people should play zilean more!!!!!!!!!!!

GoldenSeraph
Mar 8, 2006
reincarnation time!
Shen can duel like a boss now with his awesome new Q and W, and thunderlords proc. It's silly and hilarious

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I wasn't saying not to take a mana/CDR item, I was saying you have to pick morello grail or frostfang, you can only take one.

And I'm saying you can easily take both because 40% cdr is arguably better than a random Luden's proc

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

Not until rewind affects his ult again. :argh:

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Tired Moritz posted:

NRG just beat TSM 19-0 with a Seraphs/RoA/Banner Zilean mid, I think that it's a safe bet you'll see at least a few more Zileans in solo queue.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

foutre posted:

NRG just beat TSM 19-0 with a Seraphs/RoA/Banner Zilean mid, I think that it's a safe bet you'll see at least a few more Zileans in solo queue.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

foutre posted:

At least until a patch or two down the line because it doesn't line up with riot's idea of where zilean should go, and he will be nerfed back into a support only pick rarely seen.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
More shen support chat: Once you acquire a FoTM and locket, there will be an absurd amount of shields every teamfight. It just didn't seem right how long I survived with 150hp

el dingo fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Feb 1, 2016

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Just me, or does Jhin seem to be born out of what they wanted a sniper like Cait to be? basically trade netshot for bouncing grenade and you have a very similar set of skills and much improved Sniper ult, traps, long range skill shot.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
So the last few games I've played Fiora, I've built Iceborn Gauntlet and been really happy with it. Thoughts?

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Sexpansion posted:

This game was a lesson in how not to build end-game Lux and I apologize:

I think there are two obvious mistakes with this build, can you spot them?

My take: Athene's should have been Morellonomicon against all those tanks, and Zhonya's probably should have gotten swapped for LIandry's.

Firebert posted:

And I'm saying you can easily take both because 40% cdr is arguably better than a random Luden's proc

These itemization problems become a lot simpler if you run 15% CDR in scaling blues. Almost all high level players do it and 15% CDR is better by a gigantic margin than anything else you can get there. FCQ + Athene's/Morello is very suboptimal.

IMO the ~dream~ 6 item Lux build in that game is probably Athene's/Ludens/Rabadons/Void Staff/Zhonyas/Lich Bane (first selling your CDR boots for Lich Bane, which gives the same amount of CDR and not that much less movement speed, and then selling your FCQ for an Athene's -- but if you really prefer the spooky ghosts it's alright to keep FCQ). The Luden's Echo is the least essential part of the build and you can make arguments for replacing it with a RoA, Liandry's, etc (for example I really like the FCQ -> RoA -> CDR boots start on a lot of midlaners right now, especially Morgana).

Mottie posted:

I regret selling my boots for a PD.

Nah, it's the right move.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

dynamic queue matchmaking: Cool, And Also, Good

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Jhin's out

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Just me, or does Jhin seem to be born out of what they wanted a sniper like Cait to be? basically trade netshot for bouncing grenade and you have a very similar set of skills and much improved Sniper ult, traps, long range skill shot.

Yeah, it's the good version of a sniper. Also, I think it's so cute that Riot thinks he will be in the bot lane.

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Kashuno posted:

So the last few games I've played Fiora, I've built Iceborn Gauntlet and been really happy with it. Thoughts?

Fiora has so many different itemization choices that it's hard to imagine that it's a core item but it's certainly solid. Against all AD teams I'd probably buy it every game.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

blah_blah posted:

These itemization problems become a lot simpler if you run 15% CDR in scaling blues. Almost all high level players do it and 15% CDR is better by a gigantic margin than anything else you can get there. FCQ + Athene's/Morello is very suboptimal.

Kuro, Coco and Edge have all ran FCQ+Morello in solo queue/pro play, it's actually really good!

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Kashuno posted:

Jhin's out

I feel like patch updates have gotten way stealthier. It was just kinda a uh-uh moment in ranked when someone picked him.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Xoidanor posted:

I feel like patch updates have gotten way stealthier. It was just kinda a uh-uh moment in ranked when someone picked him.

he was in the patch last week they just didn't turn him on that day for some reason

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

yeah it's pretty common to include a champ in a patch and then enable it later on, and they usually mention this in the patch notes, like right at the top

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Sexpansion posted:

Yeah, it's the good version of a sniper. Also, I think it's so cute that Riot thinks he will be in the bot lane.

It's a GypsyLord champion. Aside from Gnar (which was a collaboration), he has yet to make a champion that actually goes in the lane he intended for them. Mid-lane AP Assassin Ekko's strongest play/build path for the longest time was as a loving tanky jungler.

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Sexpansion posted:

I feel like riot has a 50/50 success rate on guessing where a champ will go. They thought vi was a top laner, tahm would support, and vel'koz would ever get picked.

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Firebert posted:

Kuro, Coco and Edge have all ran FCQ+Morello in solo queue/pro play, it's actually really good!

You're trading a slightly larger midgame spike for a lot less damage, utility and EHP in lategame (depending on what item you build instead of the Morellonomicon). I have a hard time believing that this is a good tradeoff in non-pro games (with non-pro coordination and non-pro positioning)

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Kashuno posted:

if the enemy has 4+ AD champs then yes it's good, especially if the enemy is kinda slippery and you want that extra chase. the main problem with it is that you are not getting ANY AD from it which means your passive is doing much less potential damage than if you built another AD item, and a Fiora that does no true damage sucks

if the enemy comp isn't clownshoes bad and you are facing at least one ap threat IBG isn't worth it. you should favor lifesteal/AD/flat health more. Deadman's plate is pretty good after you get a few core damage items, vs. dangerous AP threats Maw is definitely a must. Against fatass tanks Black Cleaver is really solid first. If you really want to bulk up take Titanic Hydra instead of Ravenous after you get Cleaver, otherwise stack up on the lifesteal. Bloodthirster is incredible as a defensive and offensive item especially if you take Grasp of the undying (like you should) and you get the 8% better regen/lifesteal/shields mastery (you definitely should).

Bulk is better vs. burst and ADCs and lifesteal is better vs. tanks in terms of survivability.

As for runes, I have been experimenting lately and found Lifesteal Quints, AD reds, armor seals and MR blues to be optimal for early lane. 10% lifesteal start with doran's blade, Grasp of the undying and the 8% better healing mastery make you near impossible to trade with at level 1 and 2, and you can easily zone your lane opponent out of farm if they are not a strong duelist early.

You can easily get 40% cdr from items (build lots of caulfields warhammers!) but against some comps (especially heavy AD) I often get scaling cdr blues and swap out the CDR heavy items for stuff like Bloodthirster and Deadman's. If you have troubles sticking and the enemies have lots of slows Boots 3 are super super good. Merc treads vs. lots of hard CC. Tabi vs. heavy AD teams makes you very hard to kill.

A lot of words but I feel like it would help you alot if you aren't sure about Fiora builds.

How Rude fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Feb 1, 2016

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

There's a special place in hell for people who ban new champions in normals. Saw a guy ban Jhin then lock in Warwick, imagine the wretched type of person this man must be.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Kashuno posted:

he was in the patch last week they just didn't turn him on that day for some reason

No matter, rocked his world with support nunu anyway.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.

Bland posted:

There's a special place in hell for people who ban new champions in normals. Saw a guy ban Jhin then lock in Warwick, imagine the wretched type of person this man must be.

That's a time honored tradition! An offensive and defensive troll ban. I do it for the first week of champ release just because.

Aren't you posting on the Something Awful "grief em all and let God sort them out" forums?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Sexpansion posted:

This game was a lesson in how not to build end-game Lux and I apologize:

I think there are two obvious mistakes with this build, can you spot them?

My take: Athene's should have been Morellonomicon against all those tanks, and Zhonya's probably should have gotten swapped for LIandry's.

This game was pretty much a lesson that I need to learn how to properly late game teamfight on tanks. Also better reksai tunnel placements for flank ults.

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
1-0 on Jhin so far, most damage dealt

Feels Jhin Man

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

foutre posted:

Yeah, but will they be running smite? I am the trendsetter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Vermain posted:

It's a GypsyLord champion. Aside from Gnar (which was a collaboration), he has yet to make a champion that actually goes in the lane he intended for them. Mid-lane AP Assassin Ekko's strongest play/build path for the longest time was as a loving tanky jungler.

Jinx and Vi weren't intended to be jungle and adc respectively?????

• Locked thread