Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Magina, the Anti-Mage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Vermain posted:

Magina, the Anti-Mage

A real Hero name in popular Multiplayer Online Battle Area, Defense of the Ancients 2

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Strygwyr, the Bloodseeker

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I always liked Disruptor, the Stormcrafter's kit.

Edit: Venomancer's name is Lesale Deathbringer, wth

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Sep 26, 2017

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

I could never make Disruptor work, but it was a blast watching other people do it

Sneaky Wombat
Jan 9, 2010

a medical mystery posted:

"I hear a man likes a lady with legs" - Brood Mother, Defense of the Ancients 2

Spiders can be sexy.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Rygar201 posted:

I could never make Disruptor work, but it was a blast watching other people do it

Just level glimpse and use it on cooldown as often as possible and you're basically doing your job

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
Quijibo, the Apemaster

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
How about Anti-Mage the Anti-Mage

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
The champs have NAMES! For example, anti-mage, a stupid name or title, actually has a real name: it's Mangina.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
FUPA, the Sword Swinger
Thot, Boot Fighter
Honkis Weewee, Wizard Spell Caster
Blart, The If your boy send you a dick pic but you save it who gay?

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Big Pussy, the Pridestalker

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

sup bitches. just came into this game from dota -- where the tangos at lmfao. anyway been playing a lot of tidal trickster and frost archer. pretty good heroes but how come everyone turns around so fast

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

*150 IQ Mensa brain kicking into action* They should get rid of flash and make it an item

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

i cannot believe after years they still havent fixed the problem of douchebag aram-only accounts in this game

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Can we maybe be a bit more open to new players, stay with me here, even if you don't like the Moba they are coming from?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Why don't you play Morganna, The Off Tank about it.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Work Friend Keven posted:

Why don't you play Morganna, The Off Tank about it.

what is wrong with RoA Zhonya's and Protobelt on Morgana

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I guess nothing other than the fact that you shouldn't be playing that crap. But if you've got to play solo lane morg than I agree you should go no pen and minimal AP and CDR in order to better lean into how worthless you are.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

I guess nothing other than the fact that you shouldn't be playing that crap. But if you've got to play solo lane morg than I agree you should go no pen and minimal AP and CDR in order to better lean into how worthless you are.

smh at this unskilled Morgana player

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
stop with this morgana hate. she's cool and she bought me cupcakes

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007

Elman posted:

What's a good champ for a Dota refugee?

As someone else who's played DOTA forever and just started playing league again since they did the 10 ip runes, amumu blitzcrank, thresh, and nautilus are fun and have hook things like pudge or clock. Also playing jungle is good once you get smite, and when you're jungling you can be looking around the map to see which lanes are gankable and try to figure out what the enemy heros do and how the lanes are going and all that.

Kha'Zix , Xin Zhao, Amumu, and Fiddlesticks are all fun junglers to play, but I don't know how good you'd consider them. Xin is probably the strongest and easiest one to play of those.

Playing adc usually sucks but Kog'Maw is neat, supports are like lane babysitters and aren't as fun as dota supports, but top is fun, its like a solo offlane vs solo offlane. For top, singed is fun and you can be cheesy and creepcut the waves, Gangplank is neat especially when you get his barrel combo thing down, Kled seems cool.

Mid can be fun, Veigar and Annie both seem pretty strong and caster mages, Twisted Fate isn't bad, Galio is cooler.

I don't have much experience with many of the heros and I'm not even level 30 yet either, but that's my league experience so far.

E: also for the jungle buffs, just think about it as red is for attacking blue is for casting. Baron is as important as roshan but its a teambuff. Rift herald is "take a tower free" card that you can hold onto for a few mins.

Mortimer Knag fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Sep 26, 2017

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
"supports are like lane babysitters" -a man who has not mastered Thresh, the one true League of Legends champion.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Support is less "lane babysitter" and more about collaborating with your lane partner to defeat the enemy duo, controlling vision, and interrupting/disrupting fights in some way. This is through sightstone, sweeping lens, crowd control, buffs, debuffs, shields, and healing in multiple ways.

Generally early on the onus is on the support for leading the lane because they tend to be stronger overall than the scaling carries. There are a lot of exceptions to this rule in Janna and Soraka but there exists mage support characters like Nami Lulu and Karma that want to interact with and force the enemies to deal with them. And then there are the brutal and effective roamers like Thresh Leona Alistar and Bard etc. that can speed up to the middle lane and ruin someone's day while their ADC is backing/returning to lane.

Unfortunately this meta favors being a passive stat stick for your ally through Janna and Soraka being heal/shield bots and coin, the passive gold item, being the best. If Riot nerfs these/buffs alternatives we may get back to botlane being less of a boring shitfest.

How Rude fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Sep 26, 2017

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
The Darkin Blade

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Teikanmi posted:

League has some pretty dumb champion names but at least they're not DotA level bad so take solace in that

Skeleton King, Axe, Bounty Hunter, Sniper etc

If League was like this you'd have Jungle Woman, Ice Queen, Ice King and Rat

i would main Rat

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

kingcobweb posted:

"supports are like lane babysitters" -a man who has not mastered Thresh, the one true League of Legends champion.

sometimes you have a friend who is a support main who teaches you that supports are like Pennywise the Clown trying to trick you into getting killed tower diving them at level 2

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

RoA is pretty good on her because catalyst already makes her fairly sustainable afk push lane even more oppressive, but yeah I don't think I'd ever go for a protobelt.

when I play morg mid/top, I go like 20% scaling cdr in runes because I know the items I initially want don't have a ton of cdr on them, then pick up some combo of roa, mask, and zhonya's depending on how the game is going and what I need to do. Usually if i'm top i can get the jungler fed pretty easy, mid is more about denying your lane opponent opportunities to roam.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

7.19 notes are out.

Of particular note: they did it, they loving did it. I saw it on the PBE and wasn't sure it'd go through to live, but Ardent Censer now applies to you as well if it affects an ally. The on-hit healing is gone, but who cares! Who's ready for some support Ashe??

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Vermain posted:

7.19 notes are out.

Of particular note: they did it, they loving did it. I saw it on the PBE and wasn't sure it'd go through to live, but Ardent Censer now applies to you as well if it affects an ally. The on-hit healing is gone, but who cares! Who's ready for some support Ashe??

Oh.......ohhhhhh.......

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

The healing loss is kind of a big deal and is a fairly large impact to the silly hurricane first twitch and bizzare kog builds. Still a great item tho.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

The healing loss is kind of a big deal and is a fairly large impact to the silly hurricane first twitch and bizzare kog builds. Still a great item tho.

Yeah, it's actually a massive (and deserved) nerf to the item. I suspect you're still going to see it as a first item pretty consistently, though, because it still has great base stats for everyone, still gives a solid midgame damage buff, and there's frankly nothing better to buy at that stage in the game with how badly Redemption needs bonus healing to be worth a drat.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Another excuse for me to attempt on-hit Lulu.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

The thing I'm going to enjoy most about this patch is the inevitable week or two where I get to absolutely body every Janna one-trick in lane until they realize that sitting behind the minion line and hitting E ain't gonna cut the mustard anymore.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Vermain posted:

The thing I'm going to enjoy most about this patch is the inevitable week or two where I get to absolutely body every Janna one-trick in lane until they realize that sitting behind the minion line and hitting E ain't gonna cut the mustard anymore.

everyone will just yell at the adc

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

Vermain posted:

That's literally always worked since way before Ardent, it's just she used to sit at ~53% not 56%+

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

iSurrender posted:

That's literally always worked since way before Ardent, it's just she used to sit at ~53% not 56%+

The changes to Janna are massive, the post seems to be referring to those more than Ardent. You don't usually have that item finished during laning unless you're playing the all-time most boring game.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Taric passive autos are gonna hit like a truck with Ardent, that's kinda cool

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/featured/champion-reveal-evelynn

eve cant stealth until lvl 6 lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Very smart design from them. She's got enough tools to be a normal-rear end jungler who ganks in plain vision before then, so it gives you time to actually be able to afford Control Wards before she starts coming in and cheesing your lanes.

• Locked thread