Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Fiora is cool Poppy is cool and I'm the coolest of them all. I really like Kanye he's fun, is he actually good?? What do the players at my true elo (gold+) think?

Edit: old fiora ult was the best I agree with the guy on the last page. They need to bring back juggernaut ult and more dota ults in general. Thanks for your patience with my edit. Gowby out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

reminder that the jungler is the ultimate trash coward who conspires with the enemy team to kill you. the jungler is never your friend. dont trust the jungler only trust your fists.

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.

rabidsquid posted:

reminder that the jungler is the ultimate trash coward who conspires with the enemy team to kill you. the jungler is never your friend. dont trust the jungler only trust your fists.

What if the jungler is Vi and is therefore fists

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Kooriken posted:

What if the jungler is Vi and is therefore fists

vi is a loving cop

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Methanar posted:

bring back gp deny NOW
If you position/guide them right, you can get one of the top lane red site melee minions to get stuck on the second (outer) turret. Effectively denies 1 CS for awhile (it will break free once enemies are close enough to engage it).

I haven't been able to do it reliably enough yet, but I'm working on it. It also only matters for the first like 2.5 minutes of the game so probably not even worth figuring out.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
lady yasuo /
is feeding with me ~

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

rabidsquid posted:

This guy last hits in lane while his opponent leaves to gank you with their jungler, I guarantee it

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

rabidsquid posted:

vi is a loving cop

remember that caitlin is also a sheriff and thus trash

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver
Op.gg: Play taric/Sona/velkoz support. You have 60-70% winrate over hundreds of games and it's your only chance of breaking plat this season

Night shift brain: play ap Nasus lol yolo

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004
Can any top laners give me (silver league) some tips on deciding when to teleport and tracking the team? Do you just diligently use your F keys to quickly switch to other players?

I just had a game as Renekton where I came out a bit ahead of Jax from the laning phase but didn't feel like I fully used the advantage. Our support + mid kept getting dunked walking blind into their jungle, but there were a few cases where at least 3 on our team were itching to engage and got splattered by 5 before I could even teleport in - it felt like I was just too late on starting the teleport. On the other hand, there were several times when they really wanted to go 3v5 (with our jungler desperately trying to get to the fight) and I figured teleporting in would just feed another kill. In that case, do I just push the side lane I'm in as much as I safely can and back off while we recover?

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Firebert posted:

I hate Fiora's new kit, %hp true damage is an abomination that should never be combined

The %hp true damage is extremely conditional and difficult to achieve consistently.

The %hp true damage is thrown on a fragile melee character that has to throw themselves into specific positions to strike the vitals. She also does very little damage if she doesn't just go full AD, which means she remains a pile of tissue paper. It's trivially easy to prevent her ult from getting all four hits if you are aware of where she is trying to strike you and move those points away from her/towards a wall. CC will also destroy her if you bait out her W.

Fiora also struggles a lot when she is ganked. Her ability to deal with two people at once is very poor since she can only target a single person at a time to kill them and pray her ult goes off on the toplaner before she just gets her 1200 hp murdered by the jungler/toplane combo.

Yasuo farts out a windwall and blocks all your projectiles if you are a Wizard or a Shooter. Fiora blocks only damage and CC on herself and does not absorb projectiles. Also, since bramble vest now exists, tanks hardly struggle against Fiora when they will win every trade ever since she takes damage from hitting them.

How Rude fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Oct 18, 2017

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Basically, unless you are criminally fed as Fiora, teamfights loving suck for her. 1v1s, 2v2s, and short skirmishes are where she thrives the most.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Phayray posted:

Can any top laners give me (silver league) some tips on deciding when to teleport and tracking the team? Do you just diligently use your F keys to quickly switch to other players?

Just keep an eye on the minimap and watch for sudden swings in movement, as that usually indicates a fight's broken out. Watch the movement of your jungler, too: if they're going bottom, there's a good chance that either they're planning a countergank or are about to get counterganked themselves. You should TP into a fight if any enemies there are low enough to not put you in peril if you go in 1v2/1v3 or if the rest of your team is healthy enough to follow up on your engage. In the later stages of the game, it's best to hold TP until you're dead certain that your team's about to get engaged on (such as if there's a Kled ult or something similar) and that they can't or won't disengage successfully. I'd recommend against trying to do big TP plays unless your team's reasonably on the same page, as it's pretty common for you to get a good angle and then have nothing come of it because your team isn't willing to commit.

Don't be afraid to ask for good wards to TP to, either. A lot of people in Silver either don't trust their top's ability to TP or don't understand how important having a good ward to TP to is. Just ask politely in chat to ward their lane-side bush and use that to TP in.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Does anyone ITT play Elise semi regularly and feel like typing some basic Elise words?

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
Back at my placement matches, lost my first one today to a good vayne and a tilted zed (feat. Jungle Teemo)

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
uh nm sorry bad post.

Malzahar is broken below like plat.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
malzahar lets even someone like me get really good cs because you dont have to play the minion health minigame at all once you hit level 3

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Addamere posted:

malzahar lets even someone like me get really good cs because you dont have to play the minion health minigame at all once you hit level 3

You say this, then you blindly throw it on a melee creep and forget to AA it and lose a cast of visions

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Vonnie posted:

Back at my placement matches, lost my first one today to a good vayne and a tilted zed (feat. Jungle Teemo)

Won my second match, it was really rough at points. Our midlaner wanted Yasuo, he got banned by the enemy team. Then he wanted Fizz, enemy team first picked Fizz. So they picked Syndra, but were a bit tilted from the experience. I was Wukong into Lissandra and while it didn't go very good, it didn't go bad either, their jungler found no meals in my lane. I wish I had switched lanes early with Syndra though, she got dunked on and Fizz was level 11 to my 9 when we did finally switch, so he was able to kill me with his ult when it hit. They got first inhib, but we managed a few good picks that we turned into two barons. Final teamfight left their team with Lissandra and my team with Me, our vayne (With GA off cooldown), and syndra, we already had their inhib down so it was just a matter of not dying to Lissandra and it was GG.

Edit: First support match here we gooooooo! Went Soraka, wanted to go taric, but we already have a Malphite, so...

Vonnie fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Oct 18, 2017

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

shaking my drat head at everyone here recommending cool and good toplaners in the thread and no one mentioned my boy yorick

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Vonnie posted:

Won my second match, it was really rough at points. Our midlaner wanted Yasuo, he got banned by the enemy team. Then he wanted Fizz, enemy team first picked Fizz. So they picked Syndra, but were a bit tilted from the experience. I was Wukong into Lissandra and while it didn't go very good, it didn't go bad either, their jungler found no meals in my lane. I wish I had switched lanes early with Syndra though, she got dunked on and Fizz was level 11 to my 9 when we did finally switch, so he was able to kill me with his ult when it hit. They got first inhib, but we managed a few good picks that we turned into two barons. Final teamfight left their team with Lissandra and my team with Me, our vayne (With GA off cooldown), and syndra, we already had their inhib down so it was just a matter of not dying to Lissandra and it was GG.

Edit: First support match here we gooooooo! Went Soraka, wanted to go taric, but we already have a Malphite, so...

We lost. I was going to ban Yasuo but our midlaner wanted him, then the enemy team first picked him and we got wrecked. JBY.

Edit: Queue dodge #3, Our jungler went AFK in champ select without taking smite.

Monathin posted:

shaking my drat head at everyone here recommending cool and good toplaners in the thread and no one mentioned my boy yorick

I mentioned a Yorick in one of my games!

Vonnie fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Oct 18, 2017

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Rygar201 posted:

Does anyone ITT play Elise semi regularly and feel like typing some basic Elise words?

Off the top of my head I go 12/18/0 with thunderlords. Standard jungle page with aspd quints/ad/armor/mr.

Start W>Q>E max R>Q>W>E.

Make sure your spiders are always tanking camp hits. For most buffs you can get two sets of spiders early game. Finish camps in spider form so you get the move speed on the way to the next camp. Raptors are your enemy so avoid if you can.

Her level 3 power spike is one of the strongest in the jungle so gank asap. Gank combo is (human) E>W>Q>R>Q>W. Usually you can use your spider E shortly after since most enemies will retaliate with cc immediately.

I prefer to build AP heavy. AP jungle item, sorc shoes, liandrys, rylais, hextech belt, maybe a voidstaff. But not sure what a more appropriate build is.

If you get to very late game you become fairly useless in teamfights. Look for picks with E and blow up squishies with your combo, but she doesn't scale as hard as most others so you'll be at a disadvantage as the game goes on.

Anything you're looking for specifically?

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004

Vonnie posted:

We lost. I was going to ban Yasuo but our midlaner wanted him, then the enemy team first picked him and we got wrecked. JBY.

Edit: Queue dodge #3, Our jungler went AFK in champ select without taking smite.

I mentioned a Yorick in one of my games!

I feel your pain. After 3-4 rough games, 2 of which were Teemo top (who got owned during the laning phase and may as well have not existed the rest of the game), another of which was Nunu smite top who also got dunked on then wandered my jungle taking camps to try to catch up, I just had a solid/relatively close 2 wins, one as Renekton top and the other as Jinx. In the latter, my Janna support started flaming me right off the bat, before minions even spawned, then quickly left me by myself against Ashe/Blitz to "roam" and feed about 3 kills. Despite being put way behind, we got a few good teamfights and quickly knocked down their mid inhib, then spent 20 minutes running around the map, dying, doing the silver league thing. Their top Kled was 11/1 by 18 mins and the teamfights basically came down to whether or not I could avoid getting massacred by him, somehow I avoided him at the end and we won a fight just outside their base, sealing the win.

I ended up muting the support when she wouldn't stop blah blahing and left my lane and that made the game a whole lot better. She continued to flame me in the lobby after we won. Some people, man.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Thanks for the 2 page story, dad

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Phayray posted:

I feel your pain. After 3-4 rough games, 2 of which were Teemo top (who got owned during the laning phase and may as well have not existed the rest of the game), another of which was Nunu smite top who also got dunked on then wandered my jungle taking camps to try to catch up, I just had a solid/relatively close 2 wins, one as Renekton top and the other as Jinx. In the latter, my Janna support started flaming me right off the bat, before minions even spawned, then quickly left me by myself against Ashe/Blitz to "roam" and feed about 3 kills. Despite being put way behind, we got a few good teamfights and quickly knocked down their mid inhib, then spent 20 minutes running around the map, dying, doing the silver league thing. Their top Kled was 11/1 by 18 mins and the teamfights basically came down to whether or not I could avoid getting massacred by him, somehow I avoided him at the end and we won a fight just outside their base, sealing the win.

I ended up muting the support when she wouldn't stop blah blahing and left my lane and that made the game a whole lot better. She continued to flame me in the lobby after we won. Some people, man.

It's like those guys I had yesterday, looked me up to see my two losses (But not my two wins, guess their info was an hour behind?) and decided to chew me out before we even reached the ban phase.

Anyway, won my last match vs Garen. One more win and I'll at least have the same record as the last time I played ranked in season 4.

Edit: *Sigh* lost another match to infighting on my team.

Vonnie fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Oct 18, 2017

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
code:
Ardent Censer

Unique Passive 
        attack speed lowered from [20% - 35%] to [10% - 30%]
        additional damage lowered from [20 - 35] to [5 - 20]
http://www.surrenderat20.net/2017/10/1018-pbe-update.html

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
lol

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
LAST ONE BOYS, SUPPORT JANNA LETS GO.

Spudalicious
Dec 24, 2003

I <3 Alton Brown.

FillInTheBlank posted:

code:
Ardent Censer

Unique Passive 

They do know that there's a middle ground between must-buy and never-buy right?

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
That’s a good change and it’s way better now

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
For the game. Not for you, you lazy healer support player.

That’s a strange tear change. But isn’t it 2 every 8 on live? Maybe 4 every16 was too good and they just want to buff it a little bit. It’s a good change too; will easily stack about 5-8% percent faster.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i wish they had kept the healing and axed one or both of the dps boosts, so it would still be crazy good for full team baron attempts but not so essential for teamfighting

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
Lost :(

I'm Bronze 1.

Thank you all for joining me in this journey.

Edit: At least this match wasn't as bad as the last one, we got stomped, but at least everyone was nice.

Vonnie fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Oct 19, 2017

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Vonnie posted:

LAST ONE BOYS, SUPPORT JANNA LETS GO.

I mean, her kit is still very, very good. It looks like Ardent get the busted changes until the start of Season 7, and she was still solidly above 50% win rate back in S6, I think.

I'm just glad my main won't be perma pick/ban. :shobon:

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Boxman posted:

I mean, her kit is still very, very good. It looks like Ardent get the busted changes until the start of Season 7, and she was still solidly above 50% win rate back in S6, I think.

I'm just glad my main won't be perma pick/ban. :shobon:

Sorry that was about my last placement match, I can see why you might have been confused though. Yeah the changes to Ardent don't really hurt her as much as other supports that might use it, since she's great no matter what, season 1 and into the future.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

FillInTheBlank posted:

code:
Ardent Censer

Unique Passive 

lmfao finally

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Back to Beefy Boi initiative supps?

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
It's PBE numbers calm down

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
anything that makes the hell lane fun to play or relevant should be nerfed or removed, i support these changes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Verviticus posted:

anything that makes the hell lane fun to play or relevant should be nerfed or removed, i support these changes

bot lane will be much more fun when rushing ardent censer as quickly as possible is finally dead

• Locked thread