Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

misguided rage posted:

The popup doesn't tell you what queue it's for so it probably wants you to play flex.

Oh duh! Thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Ok so I just played my first game of LoL and it went really well but what do I do once I'm six slotted with like the best possible items for my hero and just have a ton of gold. What do I spend it on at that point?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You keep chugging the consumable potions that give you buff, but don't worry, once you get past being forced to play against bots, that point is not gonna happen anymore. A lot of matches will end long before that.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Elentor posted:

You keep chugging the consumable potions that give you buff, but don't worry, once you get past being forced to play against bots, that point is not gonna happen anymore. A lot of matches will end long before that.

I meant this was my first game against real people. But yeah I didn't know about the consumables so that seems to be the way to go I guess. And also the only way to buy items is to recall back to base huh? That was a weird thing to find out.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Le Saboteur posted:

I meant this was my first game against real people. But yeah I didn't know about the consumables so that seems to be the way to go I guess. And also the only way to buy items is to recall back to base huh? That was a weird thing to find out.

Super edge case, but Ornn's passive lets him build items in lane.

Also, in very late game itemization, its possible you want to do weird things like sell something (most frequently boots) to buy another complete item that gives more raw stats. But honestly these situations don't come up too often.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Super late game you have to start selling early game items for items that provide more raw stats and teamfighting power

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

MASTERY 7 FINALLY, BABY

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Thats not Pantheon

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBUBUh4oOsc

This video makes me want to uninstall this game

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
why are league players all twinks

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Yo when I have to play support I play Taric cause old Taric was my man. New Taric is alright but l except I feel I'm never using his ult right. Is there some trick I'm missing?

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
What's the problem, are you just hitting it too late?

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Use it as an engage thing and always pop it early as hell

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Yeah I'm either too early or too late and can't judge for poo poo.

Then I think the other 30% I don't think my team realizes it'll make them immune to everything and Jesus Christ just get into one of the circles gently caress GUYS SERIOUSLY GODDAMMIT WHY

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Yeah like its great if you get the super 'save your whole team from mega damage' thing, but a lot of the time it ends up negating the other teams engage, which is still good.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

I found this via a LoL tweet and I can’t believe I missed it.

https://youtu.be/c2qnH_aWgcs

She should make the zoidberg WOO WOO WOO WOO WOO noise.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

duck trucker posted:

Yeah I'm either too early or too late and can't judge for poo poo.

Then I think the other 30% I don't think my team realizes it'll make them immune to everything and Jesus Christ just get into one of the circles gently caress GUYS SERIOUSLY GODDAMMIT WHY

The other option is to save it for a tower dive. It takes too long to charge up to use it as a reaction, so you want it either at the beginning or when you go under a tower.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

wait for 18 more gold and do it properly you parsnip

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Triforce would be too good on Olaf, it's not fair. Infinity edge is the perfect amount of lovely item for absurd price like trinity is on most people.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

el dingo posted:

Yeah like its great if you get the super 'save your whole team from mega damage' thing, but a lot of the time it ends up negating the other teams engage, which is still good.

Yeah, I know I've been 50-50 on actually vaguely useful Taric ults since I've been basically one-tricking him in ranked, but when you hit the perfect one and you turn a 1v3 into a triple kill for your top laner, it is :discourse:.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
:NSFW: https://i.gyazo.com/bdbd9caa508553d3b31de4e7b0b69eae.png :NSFW:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

uh.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Oct 23, 2017

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

did someone tell him to google it and he didn't know what it meant or what? What am I looking at here

Somebody fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Oct 23, 2017

Gray Matter
Apr 20, 2009

There's something inside your head..

What are the best champs/roles to play for someone that's been playing for 4 years and is still utter dogshit at League? Asking for a friend

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Gray Matter posted:

What are the best champs/roles to play for someone that's been playing for 4 years and is still utter dogshit at League? Asking for a friend

play master yi and ignore the enemy team

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Gray Matter posted:

ADC: Ashe
Support: Tanky? Alistar. Not so tanky? Morgana. Don't give a gently caress? Blitzcrank.
Mid: Lux or Ziggs.
Jungle: Amumu
Top: Garen or Nasus

Monathin fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Oct 22, 2017

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

:black101: Break a leg! :black101:
So I'm primarily a mid-Silver Jungle player, but I got filled to mid (somehow) and tried to play Heimer. This got my poo poo stomped in by a Viktor. Was there anything I could've done, or was that just a bad matchup? Felt like after about the seven minute mark he could just E my turrets once or twice from total safety and I couldn't really do anything when he flash ghosted onto me.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Same, volibear.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Fridurmus posted:

So I'm primarily a mid-Silver Jungle player, but I got filled to mid (somehow) and tried to play Heimer. This got my poo poo stomped in by a Viktor. Was there anything I could've done, or was that just a bad matchup? Felt like after about the seven minute mark he could just E my turrets once or twice from total safety and I couldn't really do anything when he flash ghosted onto me.

Sort of, but the reason you don't see Heimerdinger played a lot aside from insane Heimerdinger one-tricks is because he has some aggressively poo poo matchups. Anyone who doesn't have to play into his turrets can win against him pretty easily. If you get autofilled mid, just play Annie or dodge if you're not comfortable.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
Heimer can be really good in silver because sometimes people will just dive him not knowing that that's literally the 1 thing you absolutely cannot do against him, but yeah like vermain said against stuff like Viktor and Ori and stuff there's very little you can do sometimes

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
3 hopeful games away from quitting again

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Luna Was Here posted:

im the invade my nuts

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Luna Was Here posted:

I’m the... one purple trinket???

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
There’s no real guide for when to use Taric ult, it’s one of the most difficult and open-ended in the game. You have to see 2.5 seconds into the future

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

kingcobweb posted:

I’m the... one purple trinket???

they surrendered before we could use rift herald

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Gray Matter posted:

If you're going for Gold+ this season play Rakkan, Syndra, or Galio. None of this is gonna matter when pre-season starts because they're pulling a WoW Cataclysm and poo poo's going to be weird as hell for a while.

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Slam it in onee chan ~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

and people say the league community is toxic

• Locked thread