Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Playing nasus is genuinely a good way to teach yourself both lane management and good CSing. You have to make every CS count because you can't trade effectively early on so you really have to work hard and not pushing the lane and not dying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Kevin is the wolf's name.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

actually the wolf is called wolf and the girl is called lamb and together they make kindred because they are a team.

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

ACTUALLY the wolf name is Kevin and the girl name is Elizabeth.

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

:black101: Break a leg! :black101:
What's general consensus on Kindred nowadays? Did the update to them fix the dumpster fire they'd become?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
K evin
I s
N ice
D ude
R elax
E veryone
D on't play this champ

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

They're over 50% WR on op.gg but they're not Good

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i just lost a game to a kindred, it was the first kindred ive seen since whenever they got nerfed last im p sure

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Fridurmus posted:

What's general consensus on Kindred nowadays? Did the update to them fix the dumpster fire they'd become?

kindred is not unplayable but is one trick tier, aka you have to be really good at the champion to play well enough, and you can get equal results with 1/8th of the effort on like any other champion

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
I just reinstalled this game after a few years, sadly had to start a new account. I'm still unsure if this was a good idea, but for now I'm just gonna play Ashe and maybe shoot some mans.

What's with the runes currently? I noticed they're all like 1ip, are they finally getting rid of them?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Low-tier runes have been 1 ip for a while, but also yes, they're gonna get rid of them.

Divine Blob
Mar 13, 2013
Anyone interested in duoing? I just got placed G3, but I'm getting plat 4s. I primarily play blitzcrank.

My username is: me Blob, I'm aiming for diamond this season.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

So why haven't you played olaf mid this week

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Methanar posted:

So why haven't you played olaf mid this week

because I saw the games where you were the dunkee instead of the dunker

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Because I don't like Olaf and don't own brolof

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

So uh can anyone tell me what's up with this?

https://gfycat.com/ZigzagUniqueJellyfish

I like timing my attacks with Stop and I'm used to backswing cancelling with it too. The thing is I don't know why, but sometimes my autoattacks just don't do anything for no apparent reason. You can see that in the gif, I have a low ping (50ms) but my first autoattack on that 2nd minion doesn't deal any damage. What's up with that? Is Stop just buggy, and am I supposed to backswing cancel/orbwalk by moving instead of pressing Stop, or what?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Afaik it's a Known Bug. You're cancelling the auto attack animation pretty much the millisecond before the attack can actually come out, but for whatever reason it still plays the auto attack animation even though the game itself is going "nuh uh, the animation didn't play out"

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Yeah just wait a bit longer before you cancel it with stop.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Elman posted:

So uh can anyone tell me what's up with this?

https://gfycat.com/ZigzagUniqueJellyfish

I like timing my attacks with Stop and I'm used to backswing cancelling with it too. The thing is I don't know why, but sometimes my autoattacks just don't do anything for no apparent reason. You can see that in the gif, I have a low ping (50ms) but my first autoattack on that 2nd minion doesn't deal any damage. What's up with that? Is Stop just buggy, and am I supposed to backswing cancel/orbwalk by moving instead of pressing Stop, or what?

Cancel autos with movement like a normal person, please.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

kingcobweb posted:

Cancel autos with movement like a normal person, please.

I bound Stop to space and I hit it with my thumb the instant my auto goes off, it's basically muscle memory at this point. I'm not about to re-learn lasthitting for no reason: other than this bug it all works the same way it always did :shobon:

Elman fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Oct 23, 2017

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Elman posted:

I bound Stop to space and I hit it with my thumb the instant my auto goes off, it's basically muscle memory at this point. I'm not about to re-learn lasthitting for no reason: other than this bug it all works the same way it always did :shobon:

But like... what does that do for you? The real purpose of cancelling auto animations is so that you can kite, walking in between autos. I don't get what cancelling with stop does.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

kingcobweb posted:

But like... what does that do for you? The real purpose of cancelling auto animations is so that you can kite, walking in between autos. I don't get what cancelling with stop does.

Nothing really. Back in Dota/HoN move cancelling didn't work, you had to use Stop so that's how I learned lasthitting.

I still think stop is more convenient when you have to cancel an attack right before it comes out. If you attack too early and only realize at the very last moment you can instantly press Stop and cancel it then instantly attack again if needed.

For the most part though, it's just personal preference.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
i cancel ALL of my attacks, out of politeness

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Lovechop posted:

i cancel ALL of my attacks, out of politeness

someone was playing pacifist janna to prove a point and got to diamond 5 doing it

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
was it king cob web

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
It's much better to map Attack Move Click to A and just tap A on the thing you want to auto attack while kiting an enemy.

In LoL when you are last hitting it's much better to move between auto attacks in a serpentine pattern so that your enemy doesn't have an easy and clear shot on you. You don't have to jerk around like that insane streamer that thinks he's Japanese or whatever, just move back and forth at random distances. Being still every single time you auto attack to last hit telegraphs what you are doing to your opponent, who will gently caress you hard with an important skillshot.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

yah if you can learn how to manually move everywhere and have the mental fortitude to keep up with it then by all means go ahead but there is no shame in using attack move to kite people. when playing adc unless you are in the top level of the game your micro and APM matter far less than you not being in stupid positions, dodging skillshots, and getting adequate cs so trying to do flashy vayne stutter step auto cancel mechanics that you can not reliably do is going to hurt more than it helps

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

It's also not that hard to just move and AA. Like I only use A move around bushes.

Electrical Fire
Mar 29, 2010
I have attack move bound to spacebar, please rate my setup.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

I really like space bar with the default Center Camera on hero

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

someone was playing pacifist janna to prove a point and got to diamond 5 doing it

Ah ya I remember that. There is a challenger Tryndamere one trick that sometimes smurfs to diamond with No dmg Trynademere. He just farms, kills the turrets and does 0 dmg to champions..

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

That makes me sad. Hydra and shiv are great for pushing but would hurt champions.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Ulio posted:

Ah ya I remember that. There is a challenger Tryndamere one trick that sometimes smurfs to diamond with No dmg Trynademere. He just farms, kills the turrets and does 0 dmg to champions..

I do this when I tilt. 5 seconds of not dying means you can push down stuff easy if the enemy team doesn’t have a lot of stuns.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

How Rude posted:

In LoL when you are last hitting it's much better to move between auto attacks in a serpentine pattern so that your enemy doesn't have an easy and clear shot on you. You don't have to jerk around like that insane streamer that thinks he's Japanese or whatever, just move back and forth at random distances. Being still every single time you auto attack to last hit telegraphs what you are doing to your opponent, who will gently caress you hard with an important skillshot.

Using the Stop key doesn't mean you're standing still like a doofus in between autoattacks.

I move like a doofus in between autoattacks.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Elman posted:

Using the Stop key doesn't mean you're standing still like a doofus in between autoattacks.

I move like a doofus in between autoattacks.

But then... you don’t need to... use stop

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

they said it's muscle memory/habit from hitting stop and then clicking to move. hell i still do it sometimes and I haven't been a dota player for 5+ years

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Rebind space bar to dance and mastery emote. You’ll win lane via tilt

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

This wombo is incredibly satisfying to watch

https://plays.tv/s/LTuHkbfpPWSD

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Guess the champion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Wtf I have no idea.

Support Malphite?

• Locked thread