Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I hate the frog, but I think something that would have been a much more reasonable change would have been to nerf the range of his Devour. It's weird to see him scoop up an enemy from like 6 Teemos away. It'd also make it more difficult for him to instantly save teammates from any play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

The traps do an absolutely bonkers amount of damage.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

frajaq posted:

So when he kills someone, does the instant trap includes the slow too?

I played him a few times and it didn't seem like it included the slow, just about a 1 second windup then the detonation. I could be wrong though cause I wasn't paying close attention.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Bholder posted:

Somebody please tell me why every rear end in a top hat bans Mundo, is he still OP, nobody ever picks him but he is banned in every game and I'm being yelled at for not banning him.

In the depths of Bronze I can guarantee that, barring D/Cs or blatant intentional feeding, the team that gets Mundo will win. I had a a game where bot lane went 0/3 (each), mid was 1/3, and and I was a solid 0/0 for fifteen minutes, but our top lane Mundo still walked all over the other team.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Gridlocked posted:

Sounds neat, wouldn't mind giving it a try.

Phoenix/Turtle build? Also what runes/masteries cause there are 10000000 udyr runes out there.

I started playing Mundo in my muck about Normals recently and even when I'm getting shat on or making huge mistakes all I gotta do is run at the enemy ADC and I either end up eating his face or tanking 3 people for my team to blast down while I am a huge % health dealing, fire covered purple ball of HP.

Yeah even if you do literally nothing, you can just turn on your ult and watch the enemy team panic and loving dip out of the fight or die.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Who posted:

Was wondering if anyone has tried this build yet, and if so, what are your thoughts on it.

With 8 stacks of rageblade and W up you have 5.00 attack speed, and one time I killed Lux while she was casting her ult from 100% to 0. The only downside is it's a bit slow to get going, but once you have rageblade + hurricane it really kicks in.

You forgot Smite.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Gibberish posted:

ayyyyyy I got into the closed beta

I did too. Whats with the three account codes? Do we get one for ourselves and two for our friends?

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Age of Juggs would be a sweet MMO.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

And even if you get Mid you can probably swap out with someone.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Mystery Prize posted:

What I'm trying to say here is I'd rather wait a few minutes to get a role I want than be instantly queued in a role I am just okay at.

I've said this about five times in previous threads, but I exclusively played TB because the majority of the time I play League it's because I get an itch to play a specific champion. With TB I knew I could do that 100% of the time, and it's not like the wait times were that much worse. It's just annoying because LoL is the only game where there's a significant chance you just won't get to play the way you want. Its like me popping in Skyrim and the game going "Sorry, you can't play a mage for two hours, gotta play a warrior" or something.

That in mind, I think the two role thing is way better than Pick-Order Draft, and it it's nice to be able to actually play ranked knowing I'll get at least one of the roles I want. I just can't wait until the release Actual Solo Queue instead of this Dynamic bullshit that puts me with 4 non-English speaking French people in Skype against another 4-man in Skype.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

So obviously the Graves rework with the ammo mechanic was kind of a test before releasing Jhin, and Riot must have said "Woah, new Graves is so good and everyone loves him this is a really good design". But the whole point of giving Graves ammo is because he is hardly even an ADC anymore, he's just a bursty bruiser, so the ammo system is needed to bottleneck his burst.

So the ammo system of Jhin is really, cripplingly bad for an ADC. It makes trading with him in lane really easy because his reload time is so slow that you can either deny him CS, or just wait around and eat his 4th shot and then just go in and out trade him in the next 4 seconds of free time you have on him. They either need to increase his range, or they need to make his reload time scale up with levels.

Also, I played like 5 games of Udyr, and every game I started out really strong, like 2/0/3, but lost most of them because I couldn't keep it going mid game. This was also a case of at least 1 lane feeding pretty hard, but I still felt like I should have been able to do more with that lead. What exactly should I be doing around the time laning phase is over? Just split pushing or trying to duel people?

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

A part of me thinks it might be fun of an enemy besides the one targeted took extra damage or something from the ult instead, but that's probably a bit too awkward and unintuitive for the idea they have.

This is exactly what I was thinking. Maybe add a "If an enemy other than the marked target is hit by the bullet, they take an additional (x%) damage" or something. That would at least make it a little bit more of a risk doing it, whereas now even the squishiest champ can intercept it if they want. Or maybe even just like a massive slow/root if an unintended target took the damage? That way if the enemy team was trying to disengage they would have to choose between one of them dying or one possibly getting caught out.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Probuilds heartily disagrees.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Gibberish posted:

JP server trip report: Super un-toxic, 10 ping, stole the most famous streamer's IGN, everyone is super polite and they never all chat

goodbye forever NA, rot in pizza

Im so excited.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Mikujin I think your Udyr guide is Cool and Good, but most of the pro junglers are going Runic Echoes, so I feel like that is the better choice for Phoenix builds.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Japanese Beta server is seriously the most fun ive ever had in league. Everyone has just enough English to call plays and thats it.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I've heard Lux is a good support is this true

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Guys, if you go as Support/Fill as your primary or secondary, you are going to get support.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Spudalicious posted:

Take Yasuo too.

Sorry, Yasuo has a Bloodmoon skin coming out which means he will be played 500% more than normal for the next month.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Methanar posted:

For jungling you should 99% always take strength of the ages.

Why is this exactly? for the sustain or just the bonus health?

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

ungulateman posted:

grasp of the undying on yasuo sounds both uncool, and not good

Yeah why would you take that and not Warlord's considering you'll be building shitloads of crit an AA'ing nonstop?

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Transient People posted:

Because it helps you not be rear end in the earlygame, presumably.

I haven't played Yasuo in about a year, but if I remember aren't his early levels, like 1-4, extremely strong?

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

So I remember playing him in like last 2014, when he was crazy OP, and I would just style on people for the first few levels. I haven't really played him ever since then. I remember a while ago I went top lane and got smoked by a Vlad level 3 and just thought I was crazy bad.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Methanar isn't the hero we want or need, but he's the hero this thread deserves.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

NTT posted:

oh wait methanar were we doing selfies??

poo poo hold on let me get my camera out

please shave methanar you'll prob be p. cute with a haircut and a shave

It looks like the hair from your head retreated to your lower abdomen.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

There's not a single picture here of a good looking person. KingCobweb might be okay if he didn't look like the kid who go put through the Taffy Stretcher machine in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Post your pic then prince charming

Fine, please go easy on me guys.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

AHH FUGH posted:

I'm lucky because I know I'm good looking and I'm confident enough not to need goon validation or roasting to prove it

Also who is on the JP server? I saw Tequila Sunrise and maybe someone else?

Gibberish also, dunno about anyone else.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Whatever, imaqtpie is gorgeous. Tbf im really into neckbeards and beaver teeth though.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Kanye has sucked since College Dropout.

Whe exactly do i Zhonya's a Zed Ult for best effect? I see that fucker every game now. Do i wanna do it right when the "X" hits to avoid the most damage?

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I really thought this thread couldn't get any worse than talking about League of Legends, but then it did.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

A Stupid Baby posted:

galio also has to build a banshees and even then isnt guaranteed to not get hosed over by udyr or talon or rammus. However please dont buff Galio, the big stupid poo poo that nobody likes, please instead nerf the stupid little mathlete that nobody likes

What can Talon do?

edit: Lol wait, could Rammus taunt an Ulting Galio and disrupt his ult?

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Poulpe posted:

No, dude, powerball, c'mon :cripes:

Yes I understand he can Powerball him, I was asking if he could also taunt him, because the image of that happening is hilarious. Would Galio stop ulting just to punch Rammus in the mouth?

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Servaetes posted:

Yeah. I swore that Flamespitter had massive penalties to monsters and minions and maybe they removed it, which explains the extremely effective clear

it's been at least a good year or so since i played Rumble consistently though but I'm like so very sure there was a penalty associated

Can anyone touch more on this? I actually mained Rumble in my tryhard days after watching the lolsoc video, and I really love unconventional jungle roles.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Firebert posted:

Flamespitter used to do only 50% damage to monsters which they removed a few patches ago.

Right, I got that.

So how would you want to play him? Obviously he could have really good ganks Post-6, and with his speed boost+E slow+Stalker's blade he would be drat hard to get away from for basically everyone. And he could essentially counterjungle extremely quickly with his Q, maybe using Poacher's Knife to lay down a lot more vision?

What kind of build would you go? Since swifties are getting nerfed and he really likes MPen, I would assume Runic Echoes>Sorc Shoes>Haunting Guise/Rylai's? Depending on what your team needed maybe switch out the early damage of Rylai's for a RoA and then go a little tankier?

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Luna aren't you like 19? What did you tell mom you spent £1500 on? Pens?

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

LeagueOfLegends.avi

https://youtu.be/VdO4fOAGzsM

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

If you don't think Support can carry watch MadLife shoulder the entire CJEntus team on his back every single game.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

misguided rage posted:

Of all the games I've played this season there are a few that stand out as the absolute least fun possible, and they're all ones where I'm the solo stuck with a 4 stack. Allowing that poo poo was one of the most boneheaded things Riot has ever done. Even worse that they prevent third party sites from showing who's queued together; if I'm gonna get absolutely hosed by four people with perfect comms while being ignored by the rest of my team the least they could do is let me know that it's gonna happen beforehand.

I'm pretty concerned that Riot is going to just not release Real Solo Queue and just leave it with only Dynamic.

And when the gently caress is the Japanese server coming back? I can't go back to NA after I've had a taste of that sweet, sweet 30 ping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

How is Twitch? I've always really liked him, but I usually get poo poo on in lane and can't recover. Is the change to his Q enough to make him decent in the hands of scrubs?

Also dear god when will the Japanese server be up? Can anyone who knows Moon Speak find out why it's been down for like 2 weeks?

• Locked thread