Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

So, I'm just going to guess that this new "loot" system there unveiling is going to be the new way to unlock champions and they're probably going to retire IP at some point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

I really don't understand why they removed team builder. It was really good when you just wanted to play a champ because you were learning how to play them or you wanted to see random matchups you wouldn't normally. Now I gotta hope that I get that randomly through the dumb champ select thing now.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Assassin J4 with 500 AD slam dunking the entire enemy team for 1700 damage with his Ulti followed by a Q.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

As long as they return to the days of 1v2 hulk taric, I am fine with the rework.

Seriously those were the best days of taric ever. You would get 200 armour at level 9 and casualy 1v2 or 1v3 the botlane and the jungler. It was hilarious.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Oh man I just decided to pick league back up because I said I would when the taric rework was out. Is riot still ruining everything or did they stop doing that?

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

I stopped playing league for a while (overwatch and factorio came out, basically). What's the good tank jungler route these days? Is it still gruul -> blue -> wolves -> red -> gank or has the mets switched back to starting with buffs?

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

kingcobweb posted:

Uhhhh don't build AP on Garen, I think you mean black cleaver

Rylais has AP and is also occasionally funny on garen, since it turns you into a permaslowing spin machine which is kinda funny.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

In other news, riot might of accidentally turned nasus into the hulk again, he can basically butcher anyone post 6 because his ultimate is bonkers strong now.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Buckwheat Sings posted:

Isn't Valve skeleton crew at the moment? Feels like they're just riding it via fan made skins and steam and just doing nothing. They gambled on VR being a thing and now it isn't. A ton of their talent had left like practically everyone who made TF2 TF2.

They haven't made games in a very long time aside from support.

That and gaben had to force *everyone* in the company to work on DOTA2 because no one wanted to work on it. Turned out then icefrog is a huge turd to work with and is basically the coder equivilent of an so a lot of devs basically quit rather than have to submit to his terrible bullshit.

Then yeah, they've been just coasting by on being the biggest online game store that happens to also sell skins now.

They've been poo poo for years and their business strategy is basically "hope no one bothers making a better game distribution service" at this point.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Given he has an aoe stun/knockup, an aoe %hp damage spell which also makes him immune to CC, a gapclosing charge, and a ulti with a ridiculous range you can cast twice which is also AOE CC, I would be very surprised if people don't play him solely in jungle anyway.

edit: honestly looking at his kit he's going to suffer the nautlius treatment: Absurdly good in three rolls (top, jungle and support) and get nerfed into the loving ground because of it once people realise it.

Can you imagine any ADC who has CC with this guy? Anything that lets him set up his AOE stun or combine with his brittle effect will be ridiculously unstoppable botlane.

Drone_Fragger fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Aug 7, 2017

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Kassadin is back to the #1 ban position on solo-queue again, good thing they buffed him unnessarily several times in the last lot of patches. he's back to having a 0.7 ap ratio on everything again, which is yet again enough for him to instantly delete people once he get 300 ap or so.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Addamere posted:

More to the point, Faker was using him in LCK summer split (which uses a couple of patches ago) and people are mindlessly copying him because of course they are.

well, that and he's really really really strong right now.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

I got a pentakill as nasus, people really underestimate him now his ultimate turns him into the god drat hulk now.

Also, brand mid. Still good? Seems to be good but I never see him played mid.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Teikanmi posted:

Had a 5 game lose streak yesterday as well. One was my fault because I Malzahar ulted their Leona instead of the Akali with a misclick, 3 were close for my play vs the opposing laner but other people hosed up hard, and one was an d/c at level 2 Rek'Sai.

1. Fiora is a pubstomp/lane bully champion and everyone from C1 to B5 thinks they're a smurf pubstomper
2. Fiora can dash away from Trynd if he spins on her, Riposte to slow his chase when he yells chicken, and has much shorter cooldowns in general. When he goes all-in, she ults him and lifesteals back HP, and she can usually get all 4 vital procs and force his ult, and if he keeps all-inning her, she'll outheal his damage with her healing radius and he'll still be super low HP and then she can just proc another vital and kill him or he'll be fighting her so long that the jungle comes and the 2v1 him.
3. Trynd's level 1-5 are generally known to be terrible and really susceptible to being ganked and pushed out of lane
4. Trynd can only really split push and Fiora can 1v1 anything late game and is an effective tank killer in any situation, so she has more value during teamfights.

He beats her 100% late game though but he beats almost anyone late game except like, Malphite or Rammus with Frozen Heart, Thornmail, Randuin's Omen and like a fuckton of HP.

edit: If you ever play a lane into Trynd, try Rammus top with first item Bramble Vest and Ninja Tabi (duh) and laugh at Trynd's tiny small cock + balls as he taunts his way to his death repeatedly

There is no sweeter thing in life than getting 900 armour as malphite and right clicking a tryndamere to death with your 350 damage bitchslaps while he desperately tries to auto you at 0.4 attacks per second.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Anyone know if kleptomancy (the season 8 rune) is as broken as it looks on paper on some champs? Ryze, GP and vlad particularly could probably farm up like 500 gold a minute just by spamming their skills out repeatedly.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Eve top is some absolute bullshit if you're playing someone who can't reliably burst her because her passive is honestly brokenly strong. Why, at level 1, she can get back up to ~400 HP (250 base + 2.5 * ~50 AP) after being out of combat for 4 seconds, I do not know. She can take some pretty rubbish trades and still come out ahead if you can't either chase her down or burst her because she just backs off for less than half a minute and is back up to nearly full HP again. It's frankly ridiculous.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Bleck posted:

Garen, though

Eves passive is better unless garen is level 11+ and has 4500 hp, hilariously. At level 1, Eve's passive is approximately 5 times stronger, and activates in half the time.

And I'm not saying that it's difficult to outplay her or not get killed by her, I'm just stating it's an infuriating lane because you can't really win trades in the long run and you can't really out-roam her since... shes eve, and has stupid roam skills built into her kit, and is invisible.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Bleck posted:

Speaking of Skarner, remember Skarner? Man, I wish his kit was good.

It's a shame, his kit used to be fine but he suffered from trundle syndrome in that he was really boring to play and didn't do anything flashy. So they made his kit.... Better, I guess? But he's still seems super boring to play.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Morellos is also great item because it fucks tanks who get a lot of regen in fights (WW, maokai, darius, for example).

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

How Rude posted:

Olaf is such a turd of a champion if only because he can just ignore your CC abilities and you just stand there as support wishing you could do something to stop the raging lunatic fatass chucking axes at you incessantly.

This is why I always take j4 against olaf. If olaf didn't take flash you get to ulti him when he ults, then EQ onto their backline anyway and olaf gets to wander in his tiny rage box getting to do nothing all fight.

edit caveat: this is assuming your dipshit shaco or fizz doesn't decide to jump into the box as well, get stuck, gets instantly 1v1'd by the angry ulting olaf then blames you for it.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Vermain posted:

New champion roadmap. Looks like we're getting a burst mage that uses bubbles (?), an Irelia/Swain gameplay update, and a huge honkin' gameplay update for Aatrox. Sounds like they're having trouble really nailing him down conceptually. Genuinely feels like Raast is what he should have been.

Swain was a letter better after they changed him, but he still suffers from being a boring rear end bird man who just runs at you while Cawing wildly.

Irelia is just poo poo champion design and I'd honestly prefer if they just delete her from the game.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Can't believe that toplane mages as being discussed and not one person has mentioned the heimerdonger yet.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Playing nasus is genuinely a good way to teach yourself both lane management and good CSing. You have to make every CS count because you can't trade effectively early on so you really have to work hard and not pushing the lane and not dying.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Galio is obviously broken, but even with this buff he still suffers from being hot garbage. He can't farm effectively versus an AP mid, still has no escape skills, and much like the previous galio, suffers from being a tank who wants to build AP but if he does he's loving trash.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

RC Cola posted:

What update?

The 2018 runes rework, I think.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

galios escape is having a 615% damage reduction every five seconds on his W. also he wave clears fine are you sure you're not thinking of another champ. or game

Dunno if you looked at the values but it's actually 30% and it slows him, so not exactly an amazing escape.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Malphite is disgusting when ahead, he can literally 1v5 teams if they're full AD.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

have you seen my baby posted:

Hit diamond just in time for the end of the season. Pantheon is overpowered

I don't think theres been a time ever where panth hasn't been strong, tbh.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Did they over-buff urgot? Every time I see him now he seems like an unkillable piece of poo poo who destroys tanks because of how ridiculous that maxhp damage is on him now.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Teikanmi posted:

I can appreciate some Mundo love but executioner’s and morello and bramble just ruin him

That's basically it. Despite that though against some teams I think he's really strong, particularly magic heavy comps because he gets 30% extra MR for free now once you get warmogs (since you can have 100% uptime on w) and despite morellos existing most people have a hard time killing a 5000 HP tank who stands near you to deal 150 damage a second then hits you once with his head for 470 damage despite building literally nothing but full tank items.

Drone_Fragger fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Nov 2, 2017

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

pog boyfriend posted:

what champions do you guys think belong in the "oh yeah, this guy exists" club? aureleieoun sol is definitely up there for me, along with yorick

Volibear and Nautilus. Volibear because his kit is kinda lovely, so no one plays him (if you wanna fling people, just pick singed, and if you wanna bite people for HP scaling, just play mundo, honestly).

Nautilus because he used to be super good jungle and riot went "he's too good support. So we're making him one of the shittest junglers in the game" before then nerfing him into complete uselessness.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Verviticus posted:

why dont you get your freaking w

also yeah as a top laner, olaf has been in the past probably my most successful "ugh i have to play this lovely lane" pick. well, maybe graves when he was broken and got two stacks of MR per dash

Just play chogath, become literally unkillable and stand on your team so the enemies can't hit your ADC or midlaner because you take up the entire screen, and then eat their adc or midlaner for 800 damage.

edit: meanwhile never leave lane because every creep wave is, at minimum, a 120 hp heal.

Drone_Fragger fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Nov 4, 2017

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

So uh. What lane is zoe meant to be in? She has one damaging spell and no escape skills, no wave clear and I doubt she's tanky enough to jungle.

I guess mid? And then you're basically nidalee 2.0 (ie, spam out max range q's on cool-down till you chunk someone for 80% of their hp then aa them to death?)

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

her sleep does damage too

i think the idea is to poke w/ Q, then catch them with her sleep and flash forward for the spell thief damage for the kill

also i think you can ult through a wave to hit sleep more easily

Makes sense, but still very much reliant on both landing those long range Q's for damage. I suspect it's going to do jack poo poo up close.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

it wouldnt surprise me if they did something like this

alternatively: the extra 5 damage is coded as a caster minion shot which is hidden inside your regular attack animation

It's actually coded as a minion that spawns whenever you use an auto-attack, and if it intersects with another minion it vanishes and deals 5 extra damage. Otherwise, it's deleted after 0.1 seconds.

(note: singed poision, for a very long time, was coded like that).

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

attack speed and armour buffs on mundo? :getin: The king of toplane is back boys

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Is duskblade rush Ivern secretly good? :smuggo:

Uniroincally something that might be legit overpowered, particularly since yea, you can proc that poo poo on demand because of free bushes.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

d0grent posted:

I jungle but the last thing I want to see is an Evelyn walking behind tier 1 turrets and killing adcs by herself at level 6

I mean, jarvan already does that anyway at level 6, assuming he can land his skills.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Elman posted:

Yeah no joke. I only have one page, the 2nd one is the one I'm gonna have to edit every game depending on what I pick :geno:

I can't see a reason to ever buy more runepages now, given you can edit runepages in champ select to suit the lane or matchup you're in anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Seeing pretty much every game that people are running precision as the secondary tree, because much like in early season 7, the "heal on getting a kill" mastery is both really good and really strong, and the stacking tenacity (or attack speed, depending on the champ) skill is really good as well.

On that note, shen with grasp is absurdly strong right now, possibly brokenly so, because he can force fights whenever he wants and the new tank masteries are really good on him.

• Locked thread