Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

The Missing Link posted:

Also, Ms. Fortune should be under the f's.

No because her name is not fortune it is miss fortune.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

When did ranked start allowing the free rotation champs?

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Servaetes posted:

Jesus Christ did you just google Zelda and Grumble Grumble that url lol

How do you think I got orianna-late-school-toast-mouth.jpg?

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

flyingkiwi posted:

Why is Poro King back? Why isn't it cool and good game modes?

Well you see, it's different than ARAM because

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

In All for One mode we discovered that a team of Zyra can easily take the baron at 20 minutes without taking any real damage. And they take it FAST

Now there's a mode I'm waiting for. I can't wait for people to pick "OP Lux" and then lose to 5 Banner of Command.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Am I missing something or is Bloodrazor just babby's first BORK, and why would I ever buy this item, and why is this game the way it is.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Radical posted:

heads up the cost of mastery level 6 and 7 is going down soon

Dang...Riot really is run by a gathering of bonobos..

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

The Lord of Hats posted:

Where can I find a good Jinx guide? I've been playing pretty much just support for a while now, but she's always looked fun, and now that I'm going to be able to punish people in the name of the moon the... something star, I want to give her a go.

Here's a jinx guide from someone who only play Jinx and is sad that she will be popular:
- Q>W>E
- Die a lot in laning phase because you think you can outplay all the garbage enemies that are obviously making mistakes
- Sometimes actually outplay them which depletes the small amount of common sense you were only just starting to regain
- BF sword -> Runaan -> IE -> anything, it doesn't matter because you're jinx
- 1v5 the enemy team a lot because they are always out of position and one rocket does 1/3 their health bar

Edit: gold 2, for rank shame purposes

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Unless you're Challenger, it's hard to have any real reaction except laughter when someone at your same MMR is flaming you for being "bad."

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

SlyFrog posted:

See I think people don't want to play support because it is support. Literally, the name pretty much means second banana. Who the hell plays video games wanting to be Robin?

Seriously, it's different than jungle. You don't get to shoot the creeps. You basically float around letting your teammates see things so they can kill people and towers and win.

I understand why, in something that is somewhat escapist power fantasy for a lot of players, that being Commissioner Gordon and turning in the Bat Signal as your job does not appeal to people.

But more over, it is just the odd role. Every other role is single. One on one, with some occasional roaming/ganking teamwork. Only bot lane for some reason has two (I know, dragon control, etc.). But is there any reason the game has to be five player instead of four?

You could probably have the support and mid duo, or the support and top duo and it really wouldn't change anything for the majority of the playerbase (gold and below). Dragon control is a laughable concept.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Can we just replace all champions with Persona enemies. I want to play as a demon sitting on a toilet.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Separate the blind Lee Sins from the great Lee Sins

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Annie, Gnar, Alistar, Maokai, or Udyr sounds like a great 5-man party, and also a great 5-ban target for trolls (aka people who want to play a "real" " "normals" " game and not someone playing Udyr for the first time)

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Just remember that most of your teammates are 16 year olds with underdeveloped lizard brains, and you won't feel so bad when they pretend a silver ELO game is lost in the first 10 minutes.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Firebert posted:

Again, the Zac changes are 100% what was on that leaked doc on reddit a month ago 👀

No wonder it was so familiar. Thank you Reddit...

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

While a faster skill point seems interesting, the coin pickup mechanic is just duuuumb.

I mean the ancient coin is right now the worst of the 3 support items and every support besides janna has a higher winrate with frost or relic shield, but is it really gonna help things to have your support soraka go 0/5/0 in 5 minutes because she had to go wander into the enemy's side of the wave to collect her income?

What exactly is the support to do if your in a losing lane? twiddle their thumbs as they are stuck under tower and the 5/0 cait plops down a trap on the coins?

Savage, my man. Get this guy to Gold V, stat.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Annie is a support

Did she ever come back? Everyone dropped her after the AA range nerf.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

njsykora posted:

Do people seriously think the current client is worse than the old one?

Well, with the new client, I can't change the voices to the superior Japanese without changing the entire client itself.

So, I'd say old client 1, new client 0.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Luna Was Here posted:

7.8 Notes

As always, the real gems are in the bug fixes:
Lucian’s Q - Piercing Light now costs the correct amount of mana

Fixed a bug where disconnecting during the cast of R - Hero’s Entrance could cause Galio to be unable to target units and structures

Fake edit: why is poro king back so soon? gently caress that boring rear end game mode

How about the Lissandra bugfix right in her changes?
BUGFIX Fixed a bug that caused Iceborn's cooldown to not be reduced when Ring of Frost killed a unit :downs:

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Teikanmi posted:

Just run it in low spec mode, works great and doesn't leak RAM and crash constantly like Adobe Air

When the client still frequently does the "Session Expired" thing, then you realize what is the point.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

*Miss Fortune spills into the comedy forum with the same tenacity that she spills into her silk blouse, both taxed to contain her*

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Servaetes posted:

Hey, if ya'll want one of the stupid bird champions, I can probably gift you one of them as I have a stupid amount of IP. If you have me on your friends list in League, send me a tell with which one you want. I'll keep the limit to one of them though for now so just lemme know which one you want!

Alternatively, if you still want one but are willing to wait, you can add me directly, IGN is Gromp Hellscream on NA. It takes two weeks apparently to send gifts, so there's a little delay before you can get your very own stupid bird champion.

The promo is only available for one week, so new friends won't work :(

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

njsykora posted:

I started playing Rumble whenever I'm able to get top or jungle and man, when you really get rolling on that dude he's a shitload of fun.

I would play him more if I could figure out how to CS on him. Even as someone in the top tier of league players (Gold V) I have trouble CSing.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Ulio posted:

Now his ult is just rubbish. Why would you want to get away from the enemy as a tank? The whole point of being full tank is disrupting their entire team 1v5 ala Maokai with his old ult.

So you can do what tanks should be doing - transporting the enemy Darius into your backline

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Tales of Woe posted:

the item data on champion.gg has been suspect for a long time and lately it's been even more clearly garbage - for example, the "best item build" for every champ is listed at like 45% winrate right now. i basically don't trust anything on that site except for the overall champ winrates.

I've only noticed because I use Championify to make item sets and lately some of them have been totally hosed up, like not even having starting items.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

I'm not sure I can keep playing since forced onto the new client. The sounds when the queue loads and the sound when people lock in champions are just the worst. They're so awkward, especially locking in...it's more like a sound when you ban a champion, not pick one. The impact of the sound is so low. I'm just really upset by this.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

ShadowHawk posted:

They can be muted in the options. The client takes window focus when it's your turn to select or when the queue pops so the sounds aren't really necessary.

I don't want to mute the sound, I want Riot to hire a competent sound engineer to fix it. Maybe they can put a crowdfunding option in the store. I'll pledge 500RP a month, and they can send me automated responses that are irrelevant to the questions I'm asking.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Of course, the answer to life is just to accept everything that comes to you and never voice your opinion. Are you Ayane Matsunaga from the RPG Persona 4 by chance?

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Firebert posted:

Wait...how does Thresh have a 53%+ winrate? Bot lane must be hosed right now if one of the most popular adcs and the most popular support by far have such high winrates.

Riot's concern about the Practice Tool turning everyone into toxic Thresh gods was true.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

[All] Twitch: report graves

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

On the one hand, a man is dead. On the other hand, I have a really important feeling about his voice acting.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

pog boyfriend posted:

this loving senile old fool in his dementia has forgotten the important and universal societal rule which is if someone dies their work is immediately immune to all negative criticism for all eternity. what a jack rear end for saying the same things he probably said about the voice back when the voice actor was alive, like how insensitive can you be not changing your opinion 180 degrees just because the person in question is no longer alive. lets report him to the mods and get him BANNED

Yes.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Even better: I use smart cast with range indicators.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Stefan Prodan posted:

The best is when you do bad though you have no excuse

I started playing again after like a year hiatus and someone in my newly-placed league of Silver told me "Your rumble mechanics give me eye cancer, did you just get that skin from loot" (I have the SG rumble skin)

I told him as the game was ending "I have hundreds of games on rumble rofl" to which he eloquently responded "..."

The best is when I have time to tell people "actually I grinded this champ to plat" and am telling the truth, as I feed rampantly in silver

It's a descriptors of me, a feeding Jinx and Orianna "main."

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

KirbyKhan posted:

Just played my first Xayah/Rakan game. God drat are they THE WORST couple to be in a room with.

Anybody have any Xayah words. Either on the champ or how to more effectively rp in all chat to tilt 8 people

Xayah is really fun, she has Kalista's satisfying rend except without the unfortunate part where you're Kalista.

The top ADC in NA (imaqtpie) builds essence reaver into PD/zeal items so you can spam your abilities, which is always fun. E max probably and then people actually think W max second for MS to not die from your poo poo range. Cannot wait to get my Japanese voices back on the new client so I don't have to listen to Joss Whedon anymore.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Methanar posted:

This is a bad idea. Why are they trying to implement achievements now after rightfully realizing that was absolutely retarded in a game like league in season 1.

It's a better idea than random key fragments that cap out to a certain number per month using an arbitrary unknown drop rate and chests that drop once per champion per season. I didn't just make up this idea - it is actually the current system in league of legends.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Think I did OK?

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Ulio posted:

Feelsgoodman. I am a midlane main and Ori/Lb/Kass are my most played. That Kass skin is godly compared to the human Kass skin I was using.

Am I in bizarro world or is this post praising a bunch of sub-50% discounts and not even mentioning the best midlaner Rumble in the Jungle

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

separating the good articles from the great ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Holy poo poo

https://gfycat.com/ImprobableOrneryLark

Forces everyone to disconnect at the end.

• Locked thread