Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

RealFoxy posted:

"We fixed dynamic queue"

You're a five stack. That doesn't even remotely matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

Alris posted:

God how I hate playing on OCE.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

People think Jhin is weak?

Colour me surprised. Dude feels perfect to me both for laning and teamfights. High damage, good range, incredible engagement confirmation, but gets absolutely destroyed when leaped on with very little recourse.

Also I am a child so I enjoy seeing stats like "Largest Critical Strike: 3300."

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

kingcobweb posted:

Caitlyn ult owns actually because you get amazing videos of people blocking/not blocking it

This will happen with Jhin also though, plus its way cooler ?!??!

Rework Caitlyn, her gimmick in funny moment videos is being infringed.

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

If making champ select shorter is the point, why do they make you wait when it's you and your teammate picking back to back? Pretty sure it's just because they think it'll make champ select look more dramatic in LCS or whatever, which now that I think about it, is probably the actual point behind the lock-in poo poo

Yeah it's nearly entirely presentation that this was made for because the rest of it is side the pre-selection is garbage.

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

Stefan Prodan posted:

This was probably discussed when the rework happened, but is there a generally considered best upgrade order for GP ult?

Death's Daugher -> Fire At Will -> Raise Morale is the general order. DD is super valuable early, FaW is just good, Raise is situational.

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

The Crusher posted:

I remember the Xin changes also making E's cooldown a flat number across all levels instead of being reduced. If that's true, it's instantly a 1 point wonder. At that point you just gotta weigh the difference of maxing Q nd W first.

Slow and damage still increase so no, you're still maxing the charge first.

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Actually no, you maxxed it for cooldown
And the benefits of 40 damage per level and 5% slow as opposed to... a minor gain in heal and a slight boost to an endgame crit scaling ability.

Maxing Q or E is good. There's no point in going for W early when it matters least. I lean E because you will get all the damage in one go and it matters more at the start.

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

How Rude posted:

Pretty sure I'll be maxing W after the next patch because it's going to be so loving broken and one of the two reasons you max E is a shorter cooldown, which will become irrelevant.

If the heal is now scaling even a little bit with AD and you now crit every 3 autos maxing W first will probably make Xin Zhao's clear speed monstrously strong early-midgame.

So at level 6, you do approximately 44 damage every 3rd hit which is cool! But relies on you always being on top of the opponent. You will be buying devourer so that number isn't increasing until you go into BotRK or Rageblade. It is pretty much equivalent to the damage you're getting out of maxing E first once you hit level 5-6~. The heal scaling is for getting a single point in it and is bonus AD based so... whatever.

Talking about it in terms of jungle clear is neat but his charge is also AoE for camps so it's not as effective until level 5, and the three talon strike CDR is probably going to be causing your charge to do more DPS to camps (in an AOE no less) until level 7.

W is broken because why do you want to give this dude a mini-crit going into late-game jesus.

Chumppell fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Feb 7, 2016

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

Zed Bush.

"Clap please." As his deathmark ends.

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

Mikujin posted:

I saw a Jhin do really, really well today. It's the first time it's happened. Basically just really relied on doing good things with W and quick;y repositioning with crit movespeed.

So I guess it can be done.

He is a finesse dude that plays juuuuust outside the teamfight, but is not just looking for ult snipes.

So pretty much a dude that like 5% of people play properly, but 50% of players think they're that 5%.

Chumppell fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Feb 7, 2016

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

Transient People posted:

you never E camps on xin unless you're backing cause your mana pool can't take it. You use QW and that is it. Don't be silly now.

I manage it all the time? I don't really have issues doing my runs with Xin and I run a pretty standard AS page.

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

Oh hey look I'm a massive idiot!

Max W on Xin. I expected him to be strong but jeeeeeesus.

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

The Shortest Path posted:

Isn't Devourer better on Udyr anyway? Who is Mana Echoes being nerfed for?

Udyr, every jungler that could feasibly take it (anyone that benefits even slightly from AP).

Devo is cool if you're an attack speed jungler and hate THE MOST VALUABLE STAT IN THE GAME (because it has AP tied to it), but 10% MS is gross enough that a lot of builds turned into it + swifties, sometimes even adding DMP.

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

I hate 99% of the people who play devourer junglers because I hate the play style it promotes which isn't fun even if your team happens to win

Look man, you can just come out and say that you don't enjoy Devo Vi. I get it. We're cool...

... it's all right... :sigh:

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

Nidalee is a way stronger carry jungler in pro play than any devourer jungler ever could be

That seemed less like carrying and more like humiliation. Nidalee is brutal in the right hands.

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

henkman posted:

At worst you lose the race to level 2 and now instead of just the jungle being hosed multiple lanes are

Yeah it's often a crapshoot to help the jungler if you can't guarantee results without losses. Bot lane especially can turn quickly on one side having a level and CS advantage off of chasing away a Shaco, Nidalee or some similarly slippery jungler.

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

The Mash posted:

Akali has very good base values, which means she does a lot of damage even with tank items. If you run some magic pen on her to amplify the base values, Sunfire Cape becomes even better on her too. It's obnoxious but it definitely works.

It's less "good base values" on its own and more that her E has a 1 second cooldown and has a .6 total AD ratio so you just kill people by living long enough to cast it 5-7 times.

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

amazeballs posted:

It was a LeBlanc. Qtpie was mid playing Brand and the LeBlanc never got hit by a single Q. No exaggeration, literally not one Q - no matter the situation.

It was an Ezreal and he was support brand.

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Pool Party Graves is the best skin in the game.

If it felt like any of it had impact it would be pretty good. The sound effects combined with the visual effects are lame, though.

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

Sexpansion posted:

Is anyone else playing Kindred mid? I think it's... pretty good.

Short Range ADC with okay sustain. So you can bully a couple levels and then you really, really hope the Jungler doesn't show up or that your lane opponent doesn't actually have burst.

But hey, easy access to crabs! Doesn't seem terrible but I don't really see why I'd take it over many, many other things.

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

Hey, got the new ADC build order in.

... and you're set!

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

ADC hosed up and forgot to buy items and someone made a very, very poor Flash decision.

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

Luna Was Here posted:

While they make as much noise about new skins as possible, there's a 99% chance Solo Q gets scrapped

good stuff

Good. Fewer excuses for failure doesn't make a queue better when it makes it longer.

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

The only time I've seen actual issues regarding the dynamic queue team-up stuff has been high diamond / challenger crews rolling together. Below that, even with coordination... people are just kinda poo poo. If the concern is "i am being dragged along by this 4 stack into whatever dumb decisions they want to go through with...", that happened with actual solo queue as well, but if you want to assign the problem to allowing organized crews, that's reasonable. I certainly watch it happen while I'm a part of them.

I just happen to agree with the queue-splitting concern Riot purports to have as their main concern, since we saw what team builder queues were like for a good long while in comparison to normal matchmaking. Might be for the best if a lot of people do hop over to solo queue long term, but more likely it'd just make matches even crappier to find as people try to do both, especially as you go further up the chain.

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

Servaetes posted:

You and Aelris would get along pretty well I think as the only people in the universe that shared that last thought

Also shared with Saint Vicious!!!!

... concerning Illaoi support.

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

How Rude posted:

finally. gently caress the armor MR bullshit

Graves
Quickdraw ( E) [looks like reverts. back to live functionality]

Crushed.

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

Radical posted:

god drat i love laning against graves top every single game

The exquisite feeling of being harassed and having your lane shoved into your tower at the same time.

The satisfaction that you will never outdamage him or make him go into an unsafe position.

Love the gun.

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

We're far more engaged in our fairway activities than the members of GOLF

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

Transient People posted:

What meteor? His hands are empty.

He was seeing the right hand (our left) as holding a rock rather than as the shape of fingers, which I can see, but yeah it's just his hand.

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

Chumppells Warlords Bloodlust jungle Aurelion Sol has this problem solved.

Uh... UH. DEATHFIRE TOUCH!!!!!

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

Prokhor posted:

I'm a real lovely bronze who has started playing Gangplank pretty regularly and one thing that I always run in to is running out of mana early. I've been using Q essentially on cooldown to get more gold when farming. What's the proper laning strategy for Gangplank regarding using his abilities? Do I want to try and use it exclusively to harass?
Harass with gun when grasp is up, try to not use the gun for every cs. Use barrels to clear waves / harass. The gun is only truly valuable for farming when it's maxed, otherwise it's an extended harassment tool / used for harder hitting barrels. Pay attention to your passive and try to get a hit of it off before blowing a barrel, if it's safe.

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

Prokhor posted:

Ok makes sense. I've really just been very... passive? And standing miles away from the wave and just q'ing the waves to farm. How does gangplank trade against someone who wants to be in close eg. someone like riven? Do I use the Q to harass then and farm in melee range or stand back and farm w/ Q and barrels?

Switch it up. You're picking GP for a strong lategame so you can afford to be a bit passive, but you can still put the hurt on early threats like Darius or Riven by playing well with your barrels / dancing in and out of threat ranges with your gun. Riven has ways to cover ground to chop down your barrels quickly, so practice doing three barrel quick detonations (placing a barrel, another barrel, shooting the closest one and placing a third as they explode) to catch her. If you get really solid at predicting movement and learn your ranges really well, you can also do two barrel quick dets but... don't count on those.

Main thing is that if you feel like you're gonna have problems being aggressive in a particular match, Gangplank is very good at hanging back to improve CS / wave clearing, so feel free to try things until you have to fall back on that.

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

Voxx posted:

Long time player here who doesn't own every hero or rune, ama.

Why?

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

AHH FUGH posted:

Enlighten us
I'll just head him off at the pass and post this:

He makes him work? His champion.gg page definitely put everything into how Verv plays him, which is taking Flash/Ignite and relentlessly pressuring people, and that he's bad against people that can handle melee fightmen and attrition.

Guy seems very unattractive and lame and for uncool nerds though, so don't take this as my opinion on the matter.

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

On a similar note, how many years till they rework Aurelion to be good?

... you mean like right now? He's fine, he's 50% and above for playing middle and is a solid mage with an apparent but playable weakness.

If you mean make him more satisfying to play than "high damage sunfire" for most of his presence then I dunno.

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

NTT posted:

serv is right about what The item does As a High Point for him. However, the times when the Proc will wind up with your fourth shot which will line up with a low health squishy enemy is frankly not very common, and when you are not using it for this niche use, you are getting a very underwhelming single Target chunk of magic damage which is almost useless for everything else. Personally I do not think it's a very good trade and would much rather have a reliable waveclear or skirmish tool.

Yeah, I used to buy cannon a lot, but Shiv has given me far better results far more consistently.

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

Servaetes posted:

Well of us all Chumppell is the best Jhin player, so I must abide by his suggestion

Verv Approved™ ✔

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

Gibberish posted:

Completely off topic but I gotta say, I love raging streamers

I feed off of their seething anger

wingsofdeath, Shaclone, tyler1, Gross Gore, hashinshin... probably the best stuff on twitch. I just saw Shaclone go 2-15 in a game and still blame his team.

Nothing gets me more amped than seeing people's temple veins bulge and their nostrils flair

It makes me feel so great that I'm not one of those people, I find myself cackling in glee watching them rage and feed even harder

Anyways thanks for reading about how I feel about streamers :wedass:

Same but also for in-game spectating. I'm petty and it's great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

Radical posted:

no one at riot is actually sure what kind of game they're making anymore

I don't think they ever were. Sometimes it has made the game fun!

• Locked thread