Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Alris posted:

I'm not sure if any of them are worth it :ohdear:

Uhhh, that fizz skin rules, totemic maokai had the cool dreads, it's a pretty okay shyvanna skin, and that mummy skin is adorable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

*fart noises*

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Coco Rodreguiz posted:

Yo Riot where is my Bernie Branders skin with his ult name changed to Burn the Rich?

Only if they release Hillary Jhinton and if the two are in a game together a special battle message pops up like when Freljord champs are on opposing teams.

Bernie Branders inspires his team, giving them a 5% boost to all stats. Hillary Jhinton is a robot, and gains 30% extra armor growth.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Still no Cupid Galio, lovely patch

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Kokoro Wish posted:

Good to see they're making Alistar's W > Q combo super easy.

I read the patch note for that but didn't understand it. Can someone tell me what buffering his Q means?

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Kokoro Wish posted:

The best Kanye song is that one I jumped out of a helicopter to before shooting up a drug runner's pool party.

I'm pretty sure I actually fist pumped to that when I played it. Best intro to a game ever.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

So what's the skill order of Xin? Owned him forever, never played him.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

I played Galio today and it was okay with CDR boots and that master that reduces summoner spells but man you are kinda useless without flash and he should probs have a ranged auto and maybe increase either the projectile speed of Q or the damage on E or something

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

All of which is stupid. He's a gargoyle that turns to stone, nothing should stop his ult.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

I've probably spent $400+, but I've been playing this game for six years and the only champ I ever bought with RP was Nocturne when I was drunk and a friend convinced me to buy him and his Halloween ghost skin when it first came out.

I've bought so many mystery skins that in ARAM I have a solid chance of having a skin for any champ I get. And I own every champ.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Stupid phone double post.

Galio is the best champ in the game because Alex Ich set a CS record on him back in like S2

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

pkollar posted:

Alternative thought: maybe make his ult not interruptable? It's the one thing that makes that ult not really work.

Ding ding ding

It would be super powerful, but still gated a decent amount by flash. He probably does need a rework of his other skills but that would put him in an okay place for now.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

So now if you're dead with six items you can buy an elixir and it'll start running even though you're still dead.

Cool.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

I went from Rammus' Commandos (radical) to Akali's Demolishers (lame) though

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Lady Naga posted:

That sounds boring and gay can't I just pay someone to be good at games for me

Paging Methanar

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

I was under the impression that if you were truly new you get sorted into a pool of new players pretty quickly while smurfs got sorted into a separate one? I always figured it was based on CSing, wards bought, item efficiency, etc.

Thinking about that now though, they might as well just put all new players in bronze 5.

I also can't imagine that League is actually growing much, if at all anymore. Unless poor Middle Eastern or South American refugees who have never had a computer or internet access are starting to play, who hasn't been exposed yet?

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

If you're farming all those items instead of ganking you're playing Vi wrong

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Lady Naga posted:

Sellback isn't the same thing as being able to sell something back you dingus.

Sellback is when there's a grace period to sell something back to the shop and get a full refund.

How are you missing such basic parts of the game, and still overtaking pretty much everyone else in this thread in terms of Volume Posting

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Hermetic posted:

I constantly out-ward everyone in my games. Even my supports. Even the ones that buy Sightstone.

How can people not understand the importance of warding?

No no no you see if I bought a pink I couldn't afford my BF sword and I promise Bloodthirster is great on Alistar I saw a streamer do it

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

lucifirius posted:

If I had last pick as jungle or top I'd get a massive boner as I lock in Rammus.

Or Taric support

Lol who am I kidding I've been playing a ton of Taric into teams with only 2 or 3 AD threats, still rules.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Firebert posted:

Nid might be donezo with the W change if she can't properly kite her first clear.

Inshallah

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

No way is that real, Lyte is way too afraid of people trying to bully feeders out of games to avoid losses

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

$435, because gently caress you I want all the mystery boxes

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Magres posted:

The fact that they're declaring it a status effect called Grounded is really interesting, sounds like there's someone pushing back against CertainlyT and League of Dashes

Considering there's what, two point-and-click ranged stuns left in the game, it's about fuckin' time.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

kingcobweb posted:

Taric, Lissandra, Nautilus, Annie, Lulu, Malzahar, TF, Urgot, Lulu (depending on what's a "stun"), Pantheon (depending on what's ranged)

I had Taric and Annie in mind, forgot about TF and Panth, and I think Lulu works too. I didn't count Liss, Naut, Malz, or Urgot since theirs are ultimates. Tbh actually I didn't think of Urgot at all because I haven't seen him in forever.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Lol what the gently caress guys if Riot was actually worried about "catching up" they'd revamp the costs and price reduction schedule of champs, which has been pretty desperately needed for like two years.

Crafting is just there to get people to buy keys and chests and poo poo with RP.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Guys after years of refusing to play Sona I started playing Sona and chunking the poo poo outta fools early and landing rad flash crescendoes late is fun. Sure you're made of wet paper but the stupid ardent censor builds make up for it.

I think I'm broken.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Bogart posted:

I'm in the same boat, but replace Dota with HoTS. I was more hoping to see if anyone had a basic primer to all the heroes? Was playing with some sort of fish man and he kept eating me and enemies on such a low cooldown that like. That couldn't be his ult, right?

Since there's over 100 heroes, the best way to learn is to a) go into the client where you can see all the champs, sort them by Mage, Marksman, Tank, whatever and see which champs fall into what generic roles, and I guess b) play a lot of ARAM. That'll expose you to a toooon of different champs and you can get a general idea of who does what. Also play all of the free week champs each week too.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

TeenageArchipelago posted:

as a completely unrelated rant, gently caress riot for taking away all of the do nothing champs.

when I was playing 4 years ago, some of my favorite champs were things like singed, soraka, sion, ect. Champs that I didn't really have to think about when I played with friends, just pushed buttons on enemies and things happened. Then riot changes them to make them more "interesting" or "engaging" or whatever. Now soraka takes a half of a brain to play, sion takes 3/4's, and singed is the only good champion left in the game. It's ridiculous

Old AP Sion owned bones, I want a game mode where you get to play all the reworked champs as they originally were. Using original art resources.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

What's your opinion about Galio's Ult?

Every goddamn thing interrupts Galio ult so the gargoyle is a Good And Cool champ that can stay.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

pog boyfriend posted:

i miss the highly degenerate bullshit gameplay of yorick where you press buttons and your opponent automatically gets hosed up by ghosts. like, it is functionally the same as a damage over time but it feels way less interactive than a damage over time somehow despite being more interactive

I miss the wonderful days of three Dorans rings and mobis into deathfire grasp AP Sion. Wutup bot lane, gonna burst murder a dude and be back in mid in time to shield farm the next wave.

kingcobweb posted:

The Ivern + Jhin combo is called The Grassy Knoll. this is official

Lollin' my butt off at this

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Replays are sweet and all but I hope they hide the names of the other players so that morons with a following don't post replay vids to YouTube and send their prepubescent hordes to harass people.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

I haven't played 5's in about a year and just started again. I got into a game, and about two minutes in a little box popped up saying something about remaking due to AFKs, despite there being none. Only two people out of five hit "yes", and the game ended.

What the gently caress happened while I was away?

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Play Zyra instead

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

I do. :smith: I like him a lot, I just don't play the lanes he is good in much.

Me too man. I fuckin love Galio and just wish he had some sort of mechanism where if you nailed someone with E you could super speed toward them to get your ult off instead of relying on flash.

I also love Urgot though so maybe I just really like unpopular champs.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Craptacular! posted:

If there's a better way, tell me.

Not playing League of Legends is a great place to start.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Elentor posted:

Is brush a formal alternative spelling to bush or this one of those language-in-the-making things?

Honest question from someone who's not a native speaker.

Bush is singular, while brush is a plural form of the word, used mostly when the plants being referred to are wild.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

A few years ago if you let bot games go on too long they would just become unkillable monsters that reached six items before you got to the same point. They also bought real items instead of like, Tear MF.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

That sure is a mid-to-late-2000s townhouse with relatively inexpensive furnishings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Sexpansion posted:

ok i'm listening, what's the pun

Imagine a fourteen year old boy is saying the word "listen" with a bad, stereotypical Asian accent.

• Locked thread