Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Sperglord Firecock posted:

So team builder is gone? The gently caress? Who thought this was a good idea?

The new champ select does basically the same thing but better?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Or finished an ult without dying basically i'm really bad

:gitgud:

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Libertine posted:

If you've used the same email for your entire account life you can go back to your inbox and search filter some combination of League / Riot / Riot Points / Purchase and then tally up the money from the email receipts.

You shouldn't do this, but I mean, you can.

e: I just did mine and it's $885. Thank god I throw out receipts for bar tabs. Still that's only ~$17/mo for as long as I've been playing. About the same as an MMO sub would be and I've certainly sunk the hours into this game let's be real.
I stopped once I hit $500. I don't need to know.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Taric Rework leak:

Q - Dazzle
Taric suddenly removes his shirt, charming all enemies in front of him for 1 second and dealing 100(+0.69 Armor) magic damage. Any male enemies hit by Dazzle will also have Uncontrollable Raging Boner applied, reducing move speed by 75% for 3 seconds.
Passive: Taric's auto attacks against enemies affected by Uncontrollable Raging Boner deal an additional 25 true damage and grant Taric and his allies vision of the target for 4 seconds.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

The Shortest Path posted:

Oh poo poo, guys.

Silversquid is gonna be capped at 50 permanent members now.

Arrgytehpirate posted:

That's really loving dumb

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Let's just make a BronzeSquid GoldSquid and Platsquid so that I dont have to play with scrubs. If you are Diamond then you can do whatever the gently caress you want, you don't get a channel

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Luna Was Here posted:

The j4 and durrrgot changes went through, I hope you all enjoyed your break from season 4

In other news can someone be sure to add me to the goonclub

Actually we should probably do a signups thread in PGS for this gay dumb bullshit

Lets hold a 1v1 tournament for the precious 50 spots

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

What are you going to do when you hit the 50 player cap

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

henkman posted:

When they first announced Iliterally anything made by riot games was excited but as they released more info I stopped really giving a poo poo because it's implementation is kind of stupid

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

As soon as you click PvP for the first time a big fuckoff red warning sign should pop up on your screen and say:

"YOU ARE GOING TO DIE. A LOT. "

To prepare all of these sensitive new players for the game they are about to play.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Cabinet posted:

Can someone explain what solo Q actually is? Fairly new player here.

K8.0 posted:

People still call it solo queue even though you can 5 man it now. They just mean the level 30 + 16 champions ranked mode where you are bronze/silver/gold/platinum/diamond/master/challenger. Alternatively they may be talking about the actual solo queue ranked mode which riot promised to bring back but won't actually happen.

Zerilan posted:

Before dynamic queue you could only queue by yourself or with one other person in ranked.

Both those answers are right but don't really give the whole picture.

Before if you wanted to play a Ranked game of league, you queued up in "solo queue" as they call it. This queue allows groups of 1-2 people only. You would be matched up only with other players who also solo queued( or duo queued with a friend).

When Riot implemented the new Dynamic queue for ranked it replaced the old system. Now players can be in groups of 1-5 players and you will get matched against any other combination of players whether it be 5 people on their own, or 2 pairs of people and a loner, or 4 friends and one random guy etc. People don't like this because they want to be rated based solely on their play and not have it influence by groups of people/friends, so Riot said they would implement a true "Solo Queue" where people would only be matched against other players queueing by themselves, with no premade groups allowed. Now Riot is saying, ehhh its not worth the effort. Because it isn't and its a dumb idea and people are babies.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I cant get the stupid money website to work for me gently caress you Riot i want to know
why does this site load so slowly

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

RealFoxy posted:

If it was posted on Reddit it's probably because a couple tens of thousands of people are hammering the servers at once since its new.

I think it'd be worth paying $5 to see some
Goon's detailed account history to see how many times they've gotten reported and over what :v:

yeah getting it to load took a few trys

$1030 USD

:negative:

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Kashuno posted:

$490 and when I started I bought every champ that came out with cash and the skin (vi-azir,bard,kindred), and I am pretty sure I have a skin for every champ I play. What do you people do?!

I would guess at least 1/3rd of my RP has gone to other people in the form of mystery skins and other gifts so

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Who is a good pick into Fizz mid?

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Literally the most beautiful thing I've seen in League

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

This is really really Disney

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I think PAX TF and championship riven are the two most sought after rare skins

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Firebert posted:

yeah easily

Phoenix Quinn top
Foxfire Ahri mid
Infernal Diana jungle
Shadowfire Kindred adc
Wildfire Zyra support

VS

Volcanic Wukong top
Firefang Warwick mid
Molten Rammus Jungle
Infernal Mordekaiser adc
Charred Maokai support

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Don't bother jungling with Yorick. His gimmick is that you make the opposing top laner have such a miserable game that they're even more irrelevant than you are. Picking Yorick is basically saying "I think my team can win 4.5 vs 4 if one member on my team got to live 10 seconds longer"

If the other top laner is bad and feeds you instead of just getting forced out over and over and losing 90% of the CS, you get to do frightening damage while slowing everyone to a crawl. But mostly you just invalidate enemy toplaner and give your ADC ten extra seconds of DPS in a teamfight.

And you are almost doubling their DPS during a fight with the ghost up

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

The fact that he can summon voidlings on-demand now is a huge loving buff

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

rabidsquid posted:

Unless I am doing the math wrong there's a not insignificant chance for you to get the exact same dragon 3 times in a 30 minute game. This seems bad, to me.

They said the buffs will stack with themselves though. So if you get 3 of the same your whole team is either:
Hitting people with a burn that hurts really bad
Healing/Regening a good amount of health/mana
Hitting towers really hard
Moving around the map really fast

I like all of those things

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Star Warrior X posted:

http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/a9gcgfzV-elemental-dragons-what-were-doing-and-why

Needs heart dragon. Also, instead of just picking one at random and spawning it until it's dead, the dragons should come in a fixed order, and leave if not engaged for like 1 or 2 minutes, to be replaced by the next one in sequence. That way, your team can wait for or skirmish until the one it wants is up, and then has a limited window to fight for it.

I mean, this is a good idea but I can see why they did what they did. If you are just waiting for your team comp's "optimal" dragon buff, it will result in both teams trying to pick comps that work with whatever dragon comes up first. At least in competitive that's what it will boil down to.

Edit: And the whole point of re-doing dragon like this is so that games dont become stale and same-y. you will have to adjust the way you play depending on what dragon comes up, and every game will be different. I like the dragon changes.

Pussy Quipped fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Apr 19, 2016

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Star Warrior X posted:

That's a good point. Maybe roll the dice on the first spawn, and then cycle them. I just foresee my team comp really wanting red dragon, and theirs really wanting blue, and all that spawns is blue, blue, blue. We have to fight it or they get a huge advantage, but winning gives us next to nothing. I'd much prefer if we had the choice to let them get blue, and plan to fight for red, or maybe try and drag out a lane skirmish long enough that they miss the blue.

Acting like blue(or whatever color really) is worthless to your team is the wrong idea.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Star Warrior X posted:

Please forgive my hyperbole. I didn't really mean worthless, but rather worth less. It looks like the dragon buffs are geared toward flavors of comps (poke, siege, rotation/splitpush, fight), and if I have comp type A and the dragons that spawn are B, C, and D only, my team is at a disadvantage that I have no ability to predict or offset, either during champ select or during the game. Your contention is that that disadvantage is small, but Riot's stated goal is to make dragons more important than they are now, which suggests that the benefits of getting a dragon buff synergistic with your team comp will be significant.

If one team has the opportunity to get a strong buff that the other team does not, because of RNG, that is a less good mechanic than one which allows strategic play to counteract.

I think the point is you are supposed to recognize if its a strong buff for the other team and then prioritize denying the dragon from them.Or you know that they will put a big priority on getting the dragon and you can play around that.
The enemy team has the same chance of getting sub-optimal spawns as yours. There is nothing about this mechanic that doesn't allow strategic play to counteract.

Primetime posted:

They nerfed any random character abilities like TFs old passive, got rid of Dodge chance and made a lot of % abilities into weaker guaranteed abilities (e.g. Ashe passive), but now add a randomized global buff.
They really aren't the same thing.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Darth Windu posted:

That sounds great tho???

Its a really cool change and I think people have just been conditioned to believe RNG IS THE DEVIL

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Bholder posted:

Once Vayne has an ability to do 400% damage 50% of the time and similarly have a 50% chance to ignore any auto attack, we can actually cry about how bad RNG is.

Is this phantom assassin from dota?

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

hey methanar

quote:

ANIVIA
Basic Attack
Particle cleanup
[NOTE: (mostly just smaller, less noisy).]
Missile speed:: increased to 1500 from 1400.
Cast bone updated!
[NOTE: (This only affects her second attack animation. Should come out of her wing now instead of center of body).]
Flash Frost (Q):
AP ratio reduced to .4 from .5
Base damage reduced to 60/85/110/135/160 from 60/90/120/150/180
-Stun duration now scales with rank. Increased to 1.1/1.2/1.3/1.4/1.5 from 1
Slow increased now scales up 20/30/40% with R rank from 20% base.
Improved damage display type on Q2 to better differentiate it from the pass through damage. Impact damage display type.
Q's stun particle is now visible to everyone
[NOTE: (power hidden behind low clarity is bad)]

Frostbite (E):
Missile speed increased to 1600 from 1200
Particle has been improved
[NOTE: (better "hitbox," slightly smaller, twirls so it's pretty)]
Cast range changes - Range lowered to 600 to 650 but now edge to edge (matches AA - Roughly 35 range increase)

Glacial Storm (R):
Now has a cast animation
[NOTE: (NOT CAST TIME).]
[NEW EFFECT] Now expands from 150 up to 400 radius over 3 seconds
[NEW EFFECT] At max size, damages and slows by an additional 50% and Chills for an additional second (2 secs total)
Movement Speed Slow increased to 20/30/40% from 20%
Attack Speed slow removed
Cast range increased to 685 from 625 ( now matches AA)

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Primetime posted:

The part I don't get is the boots thing. If she buys merc treads does she get zero movespeed, but keep tenacity? Does she have a hard movespeed cap?

Why is this so difficult for you to understand, she cant buy boots.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

ZenVulgarity posted:

Satchel Charge (W) will execute turrets when they’re under 25%/27.5/30/32.5/35% Health.

This is the stupidest loving thing I have read in a long time

Why the gently caress does it scale with level??

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I got a DJ sona skin shard out of a chest just now. This thing takes 2950 orange essence to unlock...that's so much essence.
For reference, i have skins shards for Demonblade Trynd, High Noon Jhin, and Reindeer Kog. Disenchanting all of them wont even be half the amount i need :negative:

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I disenchanted it.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Tales of Woe posted:

so what becomes the go-to top lane attack speed item once guinsoo's is nerfed next patch? is it back to botrk or is phantom dancer better now?

Wit's End
:getin:

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Good on TF:

New Abyssal
New morellos
New zhonyas

I dont really know how the new RoA's health/mana conversion works in practice so it will be tough to say. I was never really a fan of RoA TF though.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Zmej posted:

despite veigar sucking I've been feeling successful with him. I'm p excited for the changes. also I've convinced myself the malz changes are gonna make him worst off because his ult looks like it will do less damage now.

also, what was the tldr on the anivia changes? just seemed a lot of quality of life stuff, whatever THAT means.

her E moves faster and looks pretty and her ult gets bigger the longer you keep it up

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Firebert posted:

Viktor looks substantially worse

Viktor is just a sad, sad champion. Everything about him just sucks

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Ignite Memories posted:

Taliyah needs a tony hawk pro skater skin.

GRIND THE RIFT BABY

A surfer/Pool Party skin is the obvious choice, bra

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Being able to have a ban no matter where you land in the pick phase is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Sexpansion posted:

I generally get red smite, bloodrazor, bork, then guardians or one more dmg item.

Most importantly, I am bad.

You can't afford a third AS quint? Also change your blues and reds to attack speed.

• Locked thread