Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
lee sin is the funnest champion
https://streamable.com/v8za

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
not as good as the last one but still, I love lee
https://streamable.com/43z0

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
iirc I praised him for the last shield that let me follow up on Q to kill Gragas and live so he did that as a response

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Mikujin posted:

Ganking mid as a support? Sure. Making that support pick Elise? Eh... Her problem in that role is the same as her in the jungle: if she doesn't stay ahead she's pretty mediocre. Cocoon picks make her great, sure, but not every team is coordinated to make use of that in soloQ.

I'm not fond of it either but apparently it's pretty big in high elo korea, so, you know, that alone is going to make it fotm.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

pkollar posted:

Honestly this is a huge difference b/w the best pros and most players. Regular idiots like me get so excited about doing something cool and flashy and bringing your number up and end up blowing spells unnecessarily or putting ourselves into danger we shouldn't have been in. I'm *terrible* at knowing when to disengage, and judging by the randos I play with, I'm not alone in that.

Lol, change a few pronouns and you did just describe dlift.

When it comes to the screenshot, he cant get it without blowing flash as his AAs will slow him down, and even then it's doubtful, bearing in mind that cait has terrible attack speed early on. Net would put him in range for the first auto but he'd be out of range straight after again. As Mikujin said he'd absolutely need to hit his Q. Also, I cant tell from this picture but it's possible that malphite's passive comes up soon. All in all it's a relatively low chance of success with a lot of time wasted if it doesnt work out.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Stefan Prodan posted:

So unfortunately it looks like my GP gravy train is comin to an end, which makes me sad because it was my first champ I played a lot and the first champ I ever bought a skin for but anyway

Assuming the 3 keg limit is too much to overcome and still be good for a non-pro shitter like me, any suggestions for a top laner that has a similar playstyle top? As in, someone who can generally be pretty safe and farm-centric and doesn't have many bad matchups but can still contribute a lot to team later. I would go back to playing Pantheon or something but I just feel like there's such a proliferation of like malphite and nautilus and poo poo that I would just be sitting up there farming and then falling off later. I used to play Rumble a bunch and he might be ok after the tweaks/buffs but I kinda feel like it's gonna take more than what he's getting tonight to get him out of the dumpster.

Panth is actually really strong atm. I see him a lot. Mid more than anything though.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
I've never played a bot game to learn a champion. Then again, I do not play League of Legends for my enjoyment

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Tbh my guess is that, depending on game state, you'd actually be able to spam ults less at the end of fights because Muramana + W should absolutely drain your mana. Then again the recent muramana nerfs might be good in this instance I guess. This is the type of thing to theorycraft in custom games which I don't do so idk

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Whitenoise Poster posted:

So you guys said Top Nautilus is good so I tried it and got murdered by a Garen six times in the first 15 minutes and then lost the whole game half an hour later.

So uh besides copying the champion.gg page builds+a zz'rot whats the secret to Winning with him.

You hug creeps and poo poo on him when he goes for CS. Don't bother attacking him if it's not in your creepwave and let him use his passive if need be. Shove every single wave to his turret and dive mid as soon as you have boots and some armour (if it's gankable of course.) Garen is a relatively bad champion to farm under turret with but definitely one of the worst champions to gank for, while Nautilus has some nice tools to escape ganks. You should be forcing their jungler to forever be toplane because the enemy toplaner is a whiny little bitch that's not used to standing under turret as Garen. If you have the right jungler (as in the right champ and skill as a player) you dive as soon as the enemy jungler shows somewhere else. Make sure you don't use your ult before Garen uses his runfast ability. TP botlane for kills and pressure because you're playing a champion that's useful when using TP, as opposed to Garen. Tilt their botlane this way, tilt Garen by making him hug his turret, tilt his midlaner by roaming while Garen's lasthitting, tilt his jungler for his begging for ganks but inability to contribute anything to them. Hth

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Kashuno posted:

Rumble has a really cool and unique mechanic but his kit feels disjointed like a lot of old kits do before reworks.

I'm curious, what exactly makes you think his kit's disjointed? I like his kit a lot

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Fwiw you can still join public chatrooms so it's not as if some NA goons have to be entirely left out. We don't have that problem on EU though... we have 7 concurrent online on a good day :(

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

The Mash posted:

I miss old Poppy, including her old ult and passive

Agreed, that was some of the most fun I've had in this game

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
She's permaban in high plat to mid diamond on eu as far as I can tell. Admittedly I don't play much and when I do it's as 5

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
As I said it might have to do with me only playing with and against full teams

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

BigLeafyTree posted:

Any idea how they're playing her?

Guinsoo's into nashor's into full AP I believe. I'm not too sure but can ask a friend who plays her whenever he gets the chance if you want

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

rabidsquid posted:

I ward the least when I get really far ahead on a tanky champ. I ward the most when I am split pushing. I tend to ward out of self interest specifically towards the goal of not getting loving killed, although I also like to get deep vision down in the enemy jungle when I get ahead on strong champs so I can catch and kill people. As the support I tend to ward around where I think my team should be, or in places that I hope my ADC will see someone coming to kill them when they're by themselves.

Had a couple interesting discussions regarding whether or not it was better to have blue or yellow trinket when behind as the ADC coming out of laning. I contend that when you have no jungle control or outer turret that you can't afford to have a blue trinket since it's so easy for the enemy team to clear.

At the same time, blue trinket is the only safe way to see if the enemy team is doing an objective and/or whether you can leave your base at all. You need to practically facecheck a brush to ward in it and if you die doing so there's no way your team can hope to contest anything. In such circumstances, leave the real warding and facechecking to your teammates and focus on staying alive above all and a blue trinket is better for that.

E: in other words, the value of the blue trinket isn't in the ward it leaves behind. It never was. It's in the knowing on demand where the enemy team is or at least isn't at this time from relative safety. Since staying alive is paramount on ADCs, regardless of being ahead or behind, blue trinket is the right call nearly all the time.

Lex Neville fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Mar 20, 2016

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Congrats friend

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Holy poo poo can Hermetic and everyone else please just loving move on?

Let us discuss the best and in fact only good champion in the game, Lee Sin. Also, are there chests etc on EU yet?

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Fluffdaddy posted:

That's all fine and good, but if you are new, you are probably not good enough to reverse a losing game.

When you're new, the people you play against are also absolutely poo poo at closing a game out regardless of gold difference or pressure. In fact, I'd say about 20-30% of games that should be absolutely unwinnable 'even' in low diamond manage to be thrown solely because of failure to recognise how to win.

That's not to say that I don't vote to FF when I feel the opposing team will close the game out, but at the end of the day everyone is loving garbage at this game and games are still thrown at the highest levels of play. Calling a game genuinely unwinnable is generally overestimating the enemy's ability to throw their lead.

Fluffdaddy posted:

Which is bullshit because being down 15 kills at 25 minutes and missing an inhib means the game is over unless you somehow manage to drag that poo poo on 40 more minutes trying to poorly backdoor.

Also this is a gross exaggeration. Being down 15 kills at 25 minutes is hardly insurmountable and, if anything, stopping a siege with one downed inhibitor at 25 minutes is much easier than doing so at 40 minutes.

Lex Neville fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Mar 23, 2016

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
I would like to go on the record to say that blah_blah started it this time!!

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
I miss old nid mid with the ridiculous hitbox and insane roam potential. I played that poo poo exclusively from level 6 to 28 and used to run clarity and TP because time spent running to lane was time wasted in my mind.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Shoulda shot the soraka tbh

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
€772.5 oof

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
I love this thread so much holy poo poo. I posted something once and loads of people thought I was being dumb and I got really self-conscious about it and shut up but in reality I should have obnoxiously kept arguing because I now see that that's actually really entertaining

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
No

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
I'd say Bard is the most fun of the three and coincidentally the only one that is undoubtedly among the top 3 in his role (though Kindred admittedly isn't that far off in that regard)

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
I had a midlane Karma in my game today who arguably was the most useful person on our team late in the game because he realized that there is no situation ever where you shouldn't mantra E as Karma in late game teamfights. Granted, you need enough damage from elsewhere to make it work but Karma is really OP atm. Mantra E shielded our Vayne for half of his max health.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
e: my bad

Lex Neville fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Apr 1, 2016

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Oops, didn't catch that. Serves me right for badly attempting to be witty I guess. Mind editing out my post so we can drop it then?

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

NTT posted:

I take exhaust about 70% of the time as marksman because heal doesn't work against Talon, kassadin, rengar, or about 70 other champions

especially now that ignite cuts heal in half, but only if you take it. It doesnt cut ally heals.

Yup. If there's no assassin on the enemy and you don't have a windspeaker support then there's a case to be made for keeping heal as ADC for the on-demand speed boost. If either of those is true it's situational but if both are then bot should definitely swap summoner spells. It takes some getting used to though, which you don't always want to risk with randoms.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
I rerolled 3 skin shards into 1 permanent skin and got 100 orange dust. What's that about?

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
It never said I also received a skin though. I guess this means I should check every champion to see if there's a skin somewhere that I didn't have before?

e: it does say what I got in the purchases tab in the store. I got traditional Lee so yay :)

Lex Neville fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Apr 5, 2016

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Taric rework sounds cool but there's already too many obnoxious champs that need to be banned and he is most definitely going to be one of them.

I'm mostly interested in what the consequences of those Maw changes will be.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
I think Lyte is a bit of a prick to be honest

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Holy poo poo those tweets are hilarious

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

This is the picture I meant last time we were on TS. I love it

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
oops

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

who was the goon that made those nunu/game commentary videos?

When was this? I know Veskit did some ages ago

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
I still think lantern was somewhat balanced when you could ward it to deny someone. Now that you can't though, and with the change that it will always work even if someone stands on top of it as long as you managed to click it at some point, it's definitely bullshit.

Good thing thresh is poo poo atm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
keith is good

wrong thread sorry

Lex Neville fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Jun 5, 2016

• Locked thread