Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
So Udyr with the new AP jungler item is actually kind of good. It gives him crazy fast clear speed and the movespeed means he's basically impossible to run away from unless you can chain ranged CC on him.

Stalker's + Runic Echoes
Swiftness + Alacrity
Iceborne OR Trinity (gotta go faster)
Dead Man's Plate
Spirit Visage
insert tank item of choice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

Gridlocked posted:

Sounds neat, wouldn't mind giving it a try.

Phoenix/Turtle build? Also what runes/masteries cause there are 10000000 udyr runes out there.
Yeah, Phoenix/Turtle. Generally R W R E R, max R W E Q. Can take a point in E at 3 to gank, and you can take points in Q whenever if you want to eat towers/objectives faster.

Runes are pretty flexible, but I like attack speed reds, armor/level yellows, mr/level blues, movespeed quints.

Masteries are either 12/0/18 or 0/12/18, with the latter being better, I think. Runic Armor and Swiftness out of the Resolve tree are both really good on him, especially Swiftness because his one big weakness is being kited.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Tahm's nerfs did almost nothing, he is still an unkillable piece of poo poo with infuriating amounts of CC:argh:

His Q is really stupid; it comes out really fast, and the hitbox is way bigger than it looks.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Pick primary mid, secondary jungle, get jungle 9 games in a row with an instant queue.

What the gently caress is the point in picking primary and secondary roles if I'm going to get my secondary role every time? I could sort of understand if the client had to wait 5+ minutes for to place me in a game because noone is queuing as jungler, but it looks like it just throws me in the first game with an open spot instead of prioritizing my primary role.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

Mikujin posted:

I think mid is the highest pick rate role. I was often queuing jungle main / top secondary and I'd say the split between roles was about 40/60. I have since started to queue as jungle/mid and I have not gotten a mid game yet.

What I'm saying is that if mid is your jam, you're probably hosed, but if you want something else just pick that thing + mid and you're gold.

What I'm trying to say here is I'd rather wait a few minutes to get a role I want than be instantly queued in a role I am just okay at.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Going back to Udyr chat:

Udyr currently has the highest winrate in the jungle at around 57% according to Champion.gg

His most successful build? A Runic Echoes build similar to the one I posted before. :smug:

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

Gridlocked posted:

Champion.gg just gives me a white page when I try to load it ATM.

Yeah, it's laggy as hell for some reason right now.

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Probuilds heartily disagrees.
The devourer build Mikujin uses isn't bad, by any means. I'm just pointing out the AP one is actually a higher win rate.

Also, I really don't like the idea of leveling E over W. An extra 180-ish damage shield on a 4 second cooldown is unbelievably good for dueling, even if the lifesteal isn't always relevant.

Mystery Prize fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Feb 4, 2016

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
I've taken to banning Jhin if anyone on my team hovers over him in champ declare phase. I have seen him do well approximately once, and it was in a team with a dozen peels for him (Janna, Nautilus, Poppy). In every other game I have seen him either explode instantly to focus or just be an ult/trap bot because he can't get close.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

SlyFrog posted:

I'm 2 wins 1 loss with him in ranked.

(That's admittedly in Tard League. But I did not have a terrible game in any of the three. Unless you count the mere fact of playing in Tard League as having a terrible game. And I'll cop to that.)
That's part of the beauty of low elo though, you can play basically anything and get away with it. Stuff is only counterable if people know how to use the counter :v:

This was in Plat 2-ish elo, where people generally have a basic understanding of how to counter low mobility champs with very little cc

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
gently caress Soraka forever. gently caress being forced to target her first every time or she makes whoever she is healing effectively immortal :argh:

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

Kashuno posted:

So udyr nerfs comin

"Udyr nerfs should be in for PBE tomorrow. Base Shield for turtle down 20 at max rank, phoenix proc damage down 20 at max ran"

Sounds like a slap on the wrist, tbh

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
God gently caress Fiora forever. Completely unbeatable in lane as a melee unless you're also a lane bully or you get jungle help the entire game.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Jax, Irelia and Trynd. I got loving destroyed every game, sit under my tower and farm while she zones me kind of thing.

Jax especially; his E is completely useless against her in lane phase, because it's a free riposte every time and there is nothing I can do about it.

Mystery Prize fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Feb 17, 2016

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
:shepicide:

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Jesus loving christ, tank Fizz/Ekko are the dumbest things I've seen in this game in a long time. Unkillable bullshit that murders you with base damage and 4 sec cd gap closers

This meta is dumb and I hate everything

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
So what exactly is an adc supposed to do against Zed now, other than get poo poo on? He can 1v1 my adc through Janna shield and then disappear a screen away and there's nothing he or I can do about it because QSS got gutted.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Down 15 kills, 6 towers, an inhib, a fire dragon, two water dragons, every laner down by ~30-60 cs, and we can't leave our base or the 14 kill leblanc one shots one of us due to no vision:

"We can still win, we have lategame" and the surrender vote fails 1/4

Why? :psyduck:

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
gently caress whoever designed Fizz. gently caress his entire overloaded kit, but mostly his bullshit E and its 4.8 sec cooldown at 40% cdr.

There is no reason a champ should be able to be untargetable that often with so much mobility.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Nasus is incredibly vulnerable to being kited; anyone with spammable ranged slows or dashes can walk all over him with relative ease. Lulu, Zilean, Gnar, Leblanc, Quinn, and Orianna are all absolute loving nightmares for him to deal with. He also really doesn't like anyone who can do %hp or true damage; Fizz, Ekko, Fiora, Olaf, etc.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

LegalPad posted:

Nasus can happily sit under his tower all day, and if your top lane lets up on him for even a moment he will make up for any lost time. If the rest of your lanes aren't already ahead, he's just a countdown to doom timer.
Singed is basically the same thing -- hard to deal with, punishing to leave alone. They are a cheesey meta outside of the rest of the game and gamble against the enemy team's coordination. I guess that's fine, but my problem with them is they are not fun to play against because you have to babysit them 24/7 and you are at the complete mercy of the other lanes.

I wasn't just talking about countering him in lane, I mean in teamfights too. Contrary to popular belief, Nasus's powerspike is actually around 20-25ish minutes when he finishes his core, which is usually IBG + Spirit Visage + boots. He goes downhill from there; he is not a super lategame monster unless he has spent literally 45 minutes doing nothing but farming his Q, and if you have let him do that you deserve to lose because you have not punished him for forcing his team into a 4v5. He also gets kited SUPER easily in teamfights by the people I mentioned in my last post.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
God drat, a good Azir is complete cancer to play against. He has absurd poke range, can burst almost as well as AP assassins and also has amazing engage/disengage.

I don't actually know if he is OP or not, but playing against a good one makes me want to not play this game, especially in lane phase.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Honestly, I'd prefer they just leave Tahm in the dumpster forever. He was the most frustrating thing in the world to lane against ever when he was good, no matter the lane he was in, and I would just rather never see him again.

Edit: lol you can take allied minions with you when you ult with Ryze: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8mDhD2jWe4 Ignore the lovely 20 second outro or whatever

Mystery Prize fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Jun 29, 2016

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Hahaha I just looked him up and he designed Lucian, Tahm and Azir.

This guy is clearly the paragon of game balance designers.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Who else remembers that time when Lucian's dash removed slows, cost 0 mana and could have a 2 second cooldown?

Good times

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
He's actually a reasonably good jungler. His early clear is super safe and leaves him at near 100% the entire time, and he duels other AD junglers really well.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Turns out new Ryze is the best splitpusher ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7AL0rxmBAM

A+ balancing team Riot

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
I just ran into the first scripter I've seen in a long time, a Sivir who sidestepped literally everything I threw at her with the least amount of movement necessary and spellshielded perfectly every time. She spellshielded a gragas ult I threw from brush that wasn't warded, meaning she had maybe a tenth of a second to react to me being there.

Such a frustrating loss, having their entire team call us trash for thinking she's scripting when "obviously she's just better than you"

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Sona post-nerf trip report: still freelo

The nerfs barely hit her. She's still kinda mediocre early game, but the second you get your core you turn into a walking Locket that can also mini Sivir ult and stun.

Ardent Censer + Chalice (into Athenes) + Eye of the Watchers is the core, with Ardent being the allstar of the build.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

blah_blah posted:

Deathcap is indefensibly bad on Sona. You don't even have enough AP to get much value out of the passive. Meanwhile Ardent Censer costs 2400g.

Dcap is perfectly fine as a 5th or 6th item for super lategame Sona, but ONLY if you're not being focused in teamfights (which you should be, because you're supposed to be walking around dropping 300 strength shields on all allies every 2.5 seconds). I find that I get focused a lot, so I tend to buy Zhonyas or Spirit Visage, based on what's hitting me. Visage is no joke on Sona, you can heal yourself for utterly stupid amounts with it.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

mirrorquiz posted:

i really want fqc to be worth buying but its just not any more after the nerfs. getting locket+censer+crucible is the dream on any windspeaker's support and the fastest way to get it is with the ss combine. i just want the old ice knife back, it was so amazing.

how bad is sona now?

I posted a couple of pages back that she's still freelo if you play her right. Ardent Censer + Athenes still means you are a walking Locket on a 2.5 sec cd

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
I mean, I can kinda see his point; if you were winning a game in Starcraft/WC3 it was generally accepted that you waited until your opponent says gg, then you can reply back with gg.

That said, it was also bm to NOT say gg when you lost the game, so maybe it's a moot point? I don't think anyone means anything by it when they say gg, unlike gg ez.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

ArbitraryC posted:

Blame the jungler is a meme but boy does it suck when you're jungler is 0/x/0 and behind on farm to their jungler that is y/0/z. A passive jungler who just sits around farming all day while your opposing immobile lane is pushed up and still somehow manages to be behind on gold is a really easy way to completely lose a game you had almost no control over.

And then people whine about everyone wanting to play carries.

I die a little more inside every time I see this. Playing against like, Ashe/Soraka bot lane who are shoving us under the tower with no wards, and our jungler is off farming. The extreme tilt factor is when he shows up five minutes later when they're not pushed, fails a gank and then says "I thought you said it wasn't warded"

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Does anyone else remember release LeBlanc, who could effortlessly kill you under tower at level 5 with a Doran's Ring?

Good times.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
When I hit Diamond 5, I was pretty sure this was just about as toxic as it was going to get, and boy was I wrong!

D3-2 is filled with the most hate filled rage I've seen in a long time, and it honestly blows my mind that people can say this kind of poo poo in chat nonchalantly. Miss ONE skill, ever, and you're a "worthless piece of trash that should never have bought this account, kill urself". Like holy poo poo, why do people do this? Raging at someone for five minutes straight in a game has never and will never result in them being like "oh I see my mistakes now, let me play better", it just tilts them more and makes them play worse :psyduck:

My personal favorite is the bronze-style blame game where someone makes a completely idiotic mistake and instead of owning up to it, the mistake HAS to be someone else's fault. The difference is, bronze players often don't know they made a mistake; diamond players can usually tell when they hosed up, so it's even more rage-inducing to have them go on a rant as to why it's someone else's fault that they were pushing bot with no wards and got 1v3'd.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Man let me tell you how loving tired I am of winning 12 LP on every win and losing 25 LP on every loss for the last two weeks

Go 9-4 over the course of 2 days, end up at the same LP I started at? :wtc:

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Man I seriously don't get this. My MMR is high relative to my rating, so shouldn't that mean that I will get comparatively more LP for wins and less for losses because the game thinks I should be higher rated?

Instead, my last 10 games have been +12-17 for wins, and -20-25 for losses. I'm now 10-6 win-loss over the last week or so, and I'm at lower LP than I was when I started. This might make sense if I had low MMR relative to rating, but I don't.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

How Rude posted:

Sona is actually fantastic, you just have to play her differently.

Eye of the watchers -> mobility boots, then stack up Mikael's/Ardent Censer/Locket to double up on the healing and shielding. Taking windspeaker's blessing, you can be constantly farting out AoE 20 Armor shields on a 3 second cooldown lategame and swing fights massively just by existing.

You really need a chalice in there for maximum spammability. Also, mobi boots are garbage on her for actual teamfighting; you're going to want Mercs or Tabi almost every game.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

Coca Koala posted:

It has one; you can build a chalice into either Grail or Crucible, and they both have the rejiggered mana font passive.

Oh word, you're right; I forgot Crucible also has a chalice in it.

Mobi boots are still bad on Sona, though!

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

Firebert posted:

There's nothing wrong with building mobis on a support, it's really common and good. So are lucidity boots.

Anything is better than building loving tabi on Sona lmbo

I build mercs in 90% of games. The remaining games are either sorc shoes or tabi; sorc shoes if we're already winning super hard, tabi if they have 3+ heavy auto attackers/AD assassins and I'm afraid of getting blown the gently caress up.

Sona is super fast if you build her correctly, and gimping that speed in combat by having mobis has never worked out for me.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

but what abouy spooky ghosts? :(:
Spooky ghosts is a good item, but the problem is it eats a second item slot, and that means you either don't get a stronger final item or you don't get to bring pink wards lategame.

Mystery Prize fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Sep 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Also holy gently caress why can I not get support any more? I've queued support primary jungle or mid secondary for the longest time, and of the last 10 games I've played I've gotten 8 secondary picks. I thought there would be less support mains in D2-3, not more :(

• Locked thread